Test Cricket tweak

I went back to a saved game and decided to give it a second try. This time Yohana went on a tear. He scored 165 before being caught in the slips. I finished the inings 301/9. I managed to hold Australia to 286/5.

Problem - Look at Yohanas spider graph and wagon wheel. Going back to my previous post of the short balls being played by me in that area, just too easy.

Summary - Well I got hammerd when I started bowling. I had no idea how to contain the batsmen, just a little off the line and I was smashed all over. Finally after using up my fast bowlers and trying to bring back Shoaib Akthar in the middle overs... the first ball was belted by Hayedn for Six!. I had 20 overs to use among my spin bowlers. I decided to go with Hafeez and Shoaib Malik. Finally I started bowling defensively and thats what pulled me through in the end.

Problem 2 - I decided to flood the leg side so any time I over pitched the ball the fielder would cut off the runs. By bowling right at the batsmen legs with very little spin and almost no space the batsmen started to play all defensive shots. Bevan scored 25 from 67 balls. I kept bowling right at the batsmens legs and flighting the ball and I was successful.

Problem 3- With 9 overs remaining in the game. Australia needed just 44 runs. Just by continuing to do what I said above... the computer just went too defensive. Even in the last 4 overs 26 runs were needed and nothing happend. In the last 2 overs Australia needed 18 runs and they couldnt come close to going for the big hits or attempting them for that matter.

Hope this helps a little :up:

I have put up the screen shots in the next few posts. I dont know how you guys crop these shots together without being able to read them :D

I dont know how you guys crop these shots together without being able to read them

I am sorry I might be missing a point here, what really do you mean by the above. Again, as I have stated in my previous post how could you get past the fielder in the backward sq leg to score those many runs in that area. Was there a fielder placed in the deep backward sq leg at all by CPU? There are certain things that can be controlled by us as we dont really have the source code to make the CPU smarter when chasing a total. The CPU when chasing a total is absolute crap in the game which can be overcome by quite a bit with a combination of few tweaks. Well have to say the feedback helps, as far as I am concerned there certainly is a satisfaction playing with the patch.

Hi Ravi, hope you're feeling better. You want to come over to the UK where we're in the middle of a heatwave :blink: !

I must admit to not having played c2k2 for a while (having one of my breaks from the game, which I tend to do every now and then), but I tried your non sweep files for the first time earlier, and I love that flick off the pads! Is it just me, but I don't remember ever having seen that shot in c2k2 before? Looks great though mate. The only thing with it is that it seems a little powerful, but that may be due to the fact that I was playing on a dusty wicket. A lot of cpu shots were flying to the boundary (79/2 off 10 overs), and the cpu was Zimbabwe :o !!.
Anyway, if you could make that flick off the pads to backward sq leg/fine leg available to human batsmen too, that would be great (does it replace another shot?).

Originally posted by jonah@Jul 14 2003, 01:19 PM
but I tried your non sweep files for the first time earlier, and I love that flick off the pads! Is it just me, but I don't remember ever having seen that shot in c2k2 before?
Mike, what are you talking about :blink:

My Cricket 2002 Online Gameplay patch has the flick off the pads leg shot- this proves you never played it ;) :o

Believe me, Phil I played it...this shot just seems different...slightly later maybe? Probably just me, as I haven't played your patch for so long what with testing Ravi's etc.
Mind you, I must admit to never having actually downloaded your patch from c2k2 online, always used the final set of files you sent me. Is there a difference; did you further tweak before submitting for download? If so, I'll d/l them and try them again. Seems so long ago now...although it was probably only 3 months or so?

Don't worry Mike- I knew you have played it - was just hinting at you being a touch senile and forgetful in your old age :P

The final version may have been slightly different to the version I sent you last - my own senility means I cannot remember ;)

I dont know how you guys crop these shots together without being able to read them

I mean cropping the images Ravi, rather than flooding the forums with my victory. B)

Was there a fielder placed in the deep backward sq leg at all by CPU?

Yes there was a fielder in deep backward sq leg, but rarely did that matter. It was at such and angle that no matter the computer would place a fielder on the backward and deep backward sq leg it wouldnt matter. Look at the spider graph. I have never done hit so many boundaries with any of your test patches.

The leg flick is a little too powerful as Jonah mentioned.

Hi guys,I haven't viewed this topic in a long while. :) What changes and things are you testing now?Sounds like you've made a new shot or something. B)

Originally posted by jonah@Jul 14 2003, 12:19 PM
Hi Ravi, hope you're feeling better. You want to come over to the UK where we're in the middle of a heatwave :blink: !

I must admit to not having played c2k2 for a while (having one of my breaks from the game, which I tend to do every now and then), but I tried your non sweep files for the first time earlier, and I love that flick off the pads! Is it just me, but I don't remember ever having seen that shot in c2k2 before? Looks great though mate. The only thing with it is that it seems a little powerful, but that may be due to the fact that I was playing on a dusty wicket. A lot of cpu shots were flying to the boundary (79/2 off 10 overs), and the cpu was Zimbabwe :o !!.
Anyway, if you could make that flick off the pads to backward sq leg/fine leg available to human batsmen too, that would be great (does it replace another shot?).
Jonah, I would like to trade anything for a good warm day its just been wet since a week here :o . It looks a new shot all right ;) , thats what I thought as well. I have replaced Paddle Sweep shot with this one, I guess we can have both and if I am proved right, we can introduce few more shots for CPU.

Zim, this shot isnt the default flick off the front foot. This shot looks like a lift of backfoot and whipping the ball towards fine leg. It looks a new shot but is based on the default leg side flick with few modifications here and there.

Jonah/Statman, you both are right power is set at 1850000(or something) each time this shot is played. This was done to discourage people from bowling yorkers. We can instead set the power in conjunction with timing to reduce those many run flow.

Ravi r u gonna make a new patch
in which u will enable the shot for the cpu as well as human?

Originally posted by mani_gamer@Jul 15 2003, 08:53 AM
Ravi r u gonna make a new patch
in which u will enable the shot for the cpu as well as human?
I already have it ready on my pc but didn?t send it out to you guys as I wasn?t sure how this will go with you guys. One drawback is that this will replace the Paddle Sweep shot and will need to be used only to those Yorkers that isn?t heading straight to the middle stump. Let me know if you guys still would like to have this sent, I will then send it.

I have now cut down also the power from the flick off the toes shot and its looking nearly perfect. This shot also will be played by CPU a lot less well, unless the ball is heading towards the leg to be precise. I am sending these to you guys right away.

Originally posted by Auwais BARTHEZ@Jul 14 2003, 08:05 PM
Hi guys,I haven't viewed this topic in a long while. :) What changes and things are you testing now?Sounds like you've made a new shot or something. B)
Auwais, this is in reply to your PM asking me how I put together the details of scores in one screenshot. ALT+PrtScr and copy the main scoreboard to start with into Paint Shop Pro or any image editing software. Subsequently copy all other details of scores from cricket2002 as different images, then cut only the portion that you want into the main scoreboard as new selection and then finally save it as the filename you wish. If in doubt, please let me know I will try to explain better.

Users who are viewing this thread