Test Cricket tweak

Ravi, how are the latest set of One Day files coming on (or are you having a well-earned break from tweaking? ;) ).
I've played a couple more games with the files you sent pre 'yorker flicked to fine leg' ones...
Zim (cpu) 222 all out (44); Eng (me) 223/5 (45)..hard wicket.
Eng (me) 255/4 (50); SA 226 all out (43)... normal wicket. Both were enjoyable games, especially the last one. SA were gonna win all the way, until van Jaarsveld got run out and provoked a collapse :D , leaving England to win by 29 runs.

Sorry guys, have been down with a winter bug and have hardly been able get off the bed. Tried posting here over the last couple of days but the forums were down. Jonah, the new set is looking good will update you guys with the new ones probably by tomorrow(hopefully, the viral will be gone by tomorrow).

No worries Ravi...take your time mate and make sure you're fully recovered; nothing worse than a bug that keeps hanging on...

Ravi,

Hi, I would love to test your files, and have quite a lot of spare time so should be able to fit in quite a few matches.

If you would loke me to test them mail me them at [email protected].

Cheers

P.S Hope you're feeling better :)

Rav ive found a few things in ur new yorker flick patch
u know whenever i bring on a spinner and bowl a straighter fool ball(key by which we play bak foot shot)
90% of the time batsman is bowled trying to work the ball on the legside :o

and on fast bowlers when i keep 2-3 fielders on that area where
the ball goes when he flicks it
The batsman do sillythings like u see in the screenie
he plays a hook shot ona yorker :P
I just wanted to tell u so that u can correct this
but man where r u??????

Hey guys, just sent the patch to you guys have a go and let me know if anything. I am still not better rather have gone worse but couldnt be struck to bed any longer :protest: . Given I am hit with a bug :taz: , it might have seeped through to the patch as well ;) If it is so please let me know.

In this patch you will be able to notice that the good length deliveries will be the ones that will be defended more by the CPU. Also the pull shot will be played for length balls and will be played on the ground. I find it pretty cool when bowled a length ball going down the leg, it pulls it on the ground. If you guys dont like it let me know.

I just got the patch and will try it out as soon as i get time.
i hope you get better soon :)

Originally posted by crick4life@May 29 2003, 03:18 AM
Hi fellas,

Jonah, Zim, Ritwik, Ste and all others, how have you all been. Its been sometime, I was away for quite sometime owing to work. I suppose I am back again for a while, my apologies to Jonah for not having kept in touch for sometime. Over a week ago or two I noticed heaps of tweaks, its a pity still cricket2002 remains short of few tricks. What I wanted to tell you folks was I have tweaks with which I have played a test series combining with my bat.exe and bowl.exe files, the results are encouraging. I am here to share those files with you guys and finding a right combination will be a lot easier what with few guys testing it out. I have this time tweaked the saf files prompting the CPU batsman to sweep the yorkers(again the good ol rule, bowling too many yorkers might prompt the CPU to play a nasty one at that). The CPU batsman bats to my liking at times defending a good length delivery, playing aggressively to balls bowled on the legs or a long hop or too full. A healthy average of edges for shots played at times but not too frequently ensure the ball carries to the slips at catcable height or falling short of the slips. This patch might be a bit unconvential and make a few frown but what the heck, I am just happy to share with you like the good old times. How do I upload my patch, should I email someone like we used to, let me know.

I am not on my old email addresses anymore, please email me to my new one.

Cheers,

Ravi
G.Luck with the patch :up: I'm happy to release it at 'ol' faithful Q-Cricket :rolleyes: for y'all

Would you guys prefer to see the flick shot enabled for Human batting too, I have it enabled for myself and most of the times I can dig out a yorker. Once in a while I drag the ball onto the stump while attempting this shot against the yorker(barrowed that idea from Jonah) and at times get a four. Let me know.

Originally posted by crick4life@Jul 14 2003, 11:41 AM
Would you guys prefer to see the flick shot enabled for Human batting too, I have it enabled for myself and most of the times I can dig out a yorker. Once in a while I drag the ball onto the stump while attempting this shot against the yorker(barrowed that idea from Jonah) and at times get a four. Let me know.
i think that would be prety cool and more realistic, like how many times do you see batsman sweeping a yorker from akthar or lee? :P ;)

I tested the latest files Ravi. On a hard pitch with a sunny sky. I was Pakistan playing Australia. I won the toss and elected to bat first. I went 284/8 and Australia completed the total in 45 overs with a loss of 7 wickets.

Here are some thoughts:

When I batted... if it was a short ball I easily chipped it away for a 4 down the leg gully. Youhana made 118 from 80 balls and hit 18 boundaries. I felt like I was in the zone!! hehe but the computer rarely put a fielder by the leg gully during the match.

Bowling - Well I feel the computer plays that chip shot too often. If the ball is pitched slightly full towards the stumps teh comp will chip the ball almost everytime. I found it painfully difficult to bowl a reasonable line and length with out getting punished.

I also experienced the same problems Mani Gamer had with the batsmen trying to hook a yorker.

Thats all for now... I am gonna play some more :D

Originally posted by Statman@Jul 14 2003, 07:43 AM
I tested the latest files Ravi. On a hard pitch with a sunny sky. I was Pakistan playing Australia. I won the toss and elected to bat first. I went 284/8 and Australia completed the total in 45 overs with a loss of 7 wickets.

Here are some thoughts:

When I batted... if it was a short ball I easily chipped it away for a 4 down the leg gully. Youhana made 118 from 80 balls and hit 18 boundaries. I felt like I was in the zone!! hehe but the computer rarely put a fielder by the leg gully during the match.

Bowling - Well I feel the computer plays that chip shot too often. If the ball is pitched slightly full towards the stumps teh comp will chip the ball almost everytime. I found it painfully difficult to bowl a reasonable line and length with out getting punished.

I also experienced the same problems Mani Gamer had with the batsmen trying to hook a yorker.

Thats all for now... I am gonna play some more :D
Thanks for the feedback Statman. Correct me if I am wrong but there always will be a fielder in either Backward Sq Leg/Deep Backward Sq leg to stop those backfoot leg glance(if that was the shot you used to chip away on the leg the short ones) in the latest update, how could you get past him every now and then if you did. Just checking, are you playing using the install files when bowling and batting as prescribed. The install file should trigger the exe on its own and you will not need to do that. Also the hook shot has been disabled with a hook-pull shot so I am wondering how you got the CPU to hook a yorker, I have a feeling you might still have been using the old one. Let me know.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread