Test Standard PlayerInfo.bag - UPDATED

pingusten

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
OK, i've created this in response the excellent work done by Ulukai and his excellent .bag settings. However, that was configured to work for county levels, and so I have chosen to upload the configuration I have been playing with for Test level.

In the main BLIC07 section you will find screenshots of a game played under the new config I've uploaded. Its tried and tested on Test matches and really does work.

I found decreasing power slightly but not messing around with bowling has greatly improved the AI in terms of run rate. In my sample game, the AI scored at 3.7 runs an over, scoring 303 off 80.1 overs.

And they didn't put there spinner on first to bowl, depsite him having the highest stats.

Enjoy and feedback please.

Attachments

• TeamAndPlayerInfoTestLevelv.2.zip
    44.9 KB · Views: 736
Last edited:

sjdigitall

Club Captain
i Dont think i can get ulukai's patch to work correctly. I did exactly what it was sed in the readme but its still easy as. I turned pitch indicators off. Played a one day match against Australia with India. Australia made 237-5 off 30 overs and and i reached the target with 10 overs to spare and only 4 wickets down. Ill try this one and see if it works

ulukai

Club Cricketer
sjdigitall said:
i Dont think i can get ulukai's patch to work correctly. I did exactly what it was sed in the readme but its still easy as. I turned pitch indicators off. Played a one day match against Australia with India. Australia made 237-5 off 30 overs and and i reached the target with 10 overs to spare and only 4 wickets down. Ill try this one and see if it works

actually, making batting difficult for yourself is just about the easiest thing to do with the PlayerEditor...in case you found the slider settings in the readme.txt easy, drop the percentages for each of the batting attributes even more..like 35% each, and see the difference it makes.

btw: when batting with the new 360-degree shot stick...in case you pre-mediatate your shots (hold the stick in the direction of the shot even before the ball is bowled), then finding gaps and scoring quickly is really trivial no matter which setting you use..since all you have to do is press the stroke button at the right time..i almost never get out and score tons of runs if i bat this way.....in a way though, this is cheating (mainly because the game is very lenient w/ this approach)...ideally position the ball only when playing the shot..this makes batting much more challenging...and finding gaps harder

Last edited:

dippa

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
ok, so i downloaded your config and i extracted to the right directory ...

can i now just play without having to change anything?

AusFan

School Cricketer
Just downloaded your config and first off great work! Test matches are much more realistic now. But in the one dayers the AI is constantly getting bowled out for very low totals, any chance of a ODI file as well?

pingusten

Club Cricketer
AusFan said:
Just downloaded your config and first off great work! Test matches are much more realistic now. But in the one dayers the AI is constantly getting bowled out for very low totals, any chance of a ODI file as well?

I'm looking into getting that right now, and hopefully shouldn't take to long.

dippa said:
ok, so i downloaded your config and i extracted to the right directory ...

can i now just play without having to change anything?

Sorry slow to get back. Yes, it should now work with these settings.

And Kshitiz, when you say "it didn't work", how do you mean?

AusFan

School Cricketer
I'm looking into getting that right now, and hopefully shouldn't take to long.

Thanks, hopefully the ODI conifg will be as good as your test one.

ulukai

Club Cricketer
great stuff mate! just played a testmatch w/ this on TEST level..the run rate of the AI is spot on when simulating innings..I then tried bowling to them (since I actually quite like bowling in this game) and the AI batsman did score at less than 6 r.p.o (which is a big achievement frankly) but they did get out a bit too easily..i'll try lowering my own bowlers swing/seam stats which shud ease the prb...on another note, i found batting a bit on the easy side, but thats a personal preference..lowering my batsman stats did the job..

keep up the good work..looking fwd to your ODI patch..

one thing I can't get around to yet is determining what factors control when the batsman plays lofted shots? first I thought it was related to the "power" setting; then I thought maybe it was the total stats score; when that didnt work either, I thought it was to do w/ the previous match innings of the player..etc..who knows? ideally, we'd like the AI to play lofted shots NOT all the time, but depending on the match situation and to some extent, the aggression of the player..

I've PMd RubberGenius on the Codies forum on this topic but havent heard back on that yet..

pingusten

Club Cricketer
ulukai said:
one thing I can't get around to yet is determining what factors control when the batsman plays lofted shots? first I thought it was related to the "power" setting; then I thought maybe it was the total stats score; when that didnt work either, I thought it was to do w/ the previous match innings of the player..etc..who knows? ideally, we'd like the AI to play lofted shots NOT all the time, but depending on the match situation and to some extent, the aggression of the player..

I've PMd RubberGenius on the Codies forum on this topic but havent heard back on that yet..

Good luck catching RubberGenius, he nevers seems willing to answer questions outside his comfort zone.

I was thinking along the same lines when it came to lofted shots, and like you thought it was probably power.

Suppose we'll have to wait for RubberGenius...

Edit : btw people i'm testing a possible ODI patch tonight which took me a long time during an ICT class today at college. If the results are any good i'l try and get some screenshots on later tonight.

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
any update on new ODI teamandplayer info, from your side pingusten.

pingusten

Club Cricketer
im afraid I'm still working on a ODI setup. I aint had much time with exams coming up but I'l try my best to get it up by Sunday, maybe Monday if im working Sunday.

Im hoping that Codemasters get there act together and bring out this proposed PC patch soon so we can all enjoy the game without having to edit it ourselves...

If anyone has any other useful feedback, please dont hesitate to tell me. The faster you feedback the faster I can get this new setup out.

ulukai

Club Cricketer
pingusten said:
im afraid I'm still working on a ODI setup. I aint had much time with exams coming up but I'l try my best to get it up by Sunday, maybe Monday if im working Sunday.

Im hoping that Codemasters get there act together and bring out this proposed PC patch soon so we can all enjoy the game without having to edit it ourselves...

If anyone has any other useful feedback, please dont hesitate to tell me. The faster you feedback the faster I can get this new setup out.

ok, I've figured out what settings causes the AI to play lofted shots once in a while. Basically, its a combination of timing + power + confidence. So, here are my new ideal "realistic" settings for the AI batsman:

Timing: 87-92
Precision: 99
Power: 85-88
Control: 65-70

But the AI has to have 100% confidence before he playes lofted shots occassionally with these settings. So for this, I use the tools cheat to give the batsman 100% confidence all the time.

I need to experiment more but this looks promising. Hopefully, you can use this information as well Pingusten when making your patch.

pingusten

Club Cricketer
ulukai said:
ok, I've figured out what settings causes the AI to play lofted shots once in a while. Basically, its a combination of timing + power + confidence. So, here are my new ideal "realistic" settings for the AI batsman:

Timing: 87-92
Precision: 99
Power: 85-88
Control: 65-70

But the AI has to have 100% confidence before he playes lofted shots occassionally with these settings. So for this, I use the tools cheat to give the batsman 100% confidence all the time.

I need to experiment more but this looks promising. Hopefully, you can use this information as well Pingusten when making your patch.

Excellent find! You defo seem to come up with the goods Ulukai :D

I'l play around with these at the weekend and see if they will help me this ODI set up. Really getting frustrated at the continued silence of Codemasters over the release of a gameplay patch.
:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread