Test Your Internet Speed

thanks for the info, you have confirmed my doubts. im staying clear of it as no point in taking it if service is not good, when i checked with them of availability in my area they said they will get back to me and kept replying that for 2 days with no answer, so i checked with a local tata guy who gives broadband and he said its not available in my area.

Last edited:
3513645985.png

I feel for you man.....

Last edited:
I feel for you man.....
i'm going get a landline connection for broadband. I live in rural area & here landline broadband gives upto 3 mbps speed with truly unlimited plan in rs 700.

3518395952.png

Here, take a look at this and cry for your friend :facepalm

P.S: This is after I finished my quota of 30GB, it is normally 2Mb/s if I dont finish it.
use landline broadband that will give you good speed in budget.:thumbs

Here, take a look at this and cry for your friend

P.S: This is after I finished my quota of 30GB, it is normally 2Mb/s if I dont finish it.

if you are in anywhere of the below listed areas go for act broadband.

Abhiramapuram
Adambakkam
ADYAR
Baby Nagar
Besant Nagar
Indra Nagar
Kalashetra colony
Kasthuribai Nagar
Kotturpuram
Madipakam
Mandaveli
Mylapore (LUZ corner)
RA Puram
Santhome
Taramani
Thiruvanmiur
Velachery

ACT Broadband | Broadband High Speed | Internet Connection | Internet Plans | Internet Broadband

im hoping it comes to my area. Airtel's plans are ridiculous and they are exploiting lack of competition in chennai unlike other metros.

Yeah, their guy came to my house last week. But he said it will take atleast a month or two because my area is fully occupied :facepalm And the reviews about ACT have been polarizing too. And moreover, the free router scheme is not in place anymore.

Last edited:
if you are in anywhere of the below listed areas go for act broadband.

Abhiramapuram
Adambakkam
ADYAR
Baby Nagar
Besant Nagar
Indra Nagar
Kalashetra colony
Kasthuribai Nagar
Kotturpuram
Madipakam
Mandaveli
Mylapore (LUZ corner)
RA Puram
Santhome
Taramani
Thiruvanmiur
Velachery

ACT Broadband | Broadband High Speed | Internet Connection | Internet Plans | Internet Broadband

im hoping it comes to my area. Airtel's plans are ridiculous and they are exploiting lack of competition in chennai unlike other metros.

Useless. Read the consumer reviews. Airtel is costly, but its the best.

Useless. Read the consumer reviews. Airtel is costly, but its the best.

NO act speed is really good and plan is way better than anything airtel offers.
Since ACT is starting up here their service is dodgy as expected for installation but they do resolve it surely, one of my friends has it and the speed and bandwidth is just amazing, airtel cant even hold a candle to that connection.

Airtel is certainly too costly and i had a bad experience with them recently, i booked a 16 mbps connection online after checking with them since i shifted home and later their reps told its not available in my area only 4mbps i told them to refund for which they told me to go to a relationship centre desppite me insisting to refund me online, on going there people there point blank refused to accept my cancellation saying they are not related to it at all, and told me to go to santhom, i then had argue and demand to make the manager speak who also said the same, then after threatening to complain their centre with full details an on all forums , he said he will look into it on my behalf, as if he was doing a special favor to me, then 2 days later i got call from airtel rep asking whn to give connection, i had to blast him and made him contact his superiors who called me and then said they will surely fix the issue in 48 hrs and finally after 2 days i got a call from airtel rep who said i will be refunded in 28 days via check and im yet to recieve my money, my experience with airtel is downright horrible and i have vowed to never get anything airtel hereafter.

My friend's plan[he is also airtel] price is also been increased automatically this month i dont think other isps do that or atleast a plan is supported for a specific no of years, , from what i have experienced airtel sucks, you should have seen the relationship centre the staff there are mostly hooligans, having shout matches with customers, only the manager was half decent.

Last edited:
NO act speed is really good and plan is way better than anything airtel offers.
Since ACT is starting up here their service is dodgy as expected for installation but they do resolve it surely, one of my friends has it and the speed and bandwidth is just amazing, airtel cant even hold a candle to that connection.

Airtel is certainly too costly and i had a bad experience with them recently, i booked a 16 mbps connection online after checking with them since i shifted home and later their reps told its not available in my area only 4mbps i told them to refund for which they told me to go to a relationship centre desppite me insisting to refund me online, on going there people there point blank refused to accept my cancellation saying they are not related to it at all, and told me to go to santhom, i then had argue and demand to make the manager speak who also said the same, then after threatening to complain their centre with full details an on all forums , he said he will look into it on my behalf, as if he was doing a special favor to me, then 2 days later i got call from airtel rep asking whn to give connection, i had to blast him and made him contact his superiors who called me and then said they will surely fix the issue in 48 hrs and finally after 2 days i got a call from airtel rep who said i will be refunded in 28 days via check and im yet to recieve my money, my experience with airtel is downright horrible and i have vowed to never get anything airtel hereafter.

My friend's plan[he is also airtel] price is also been increased automatically this month i dont think other isps do that or atleast a plan is supported for a specific no of years, , from what i have experienced airtel sucks, you should have seen the relationship centre the staff there are mostly hooligans, having shout matches with customers, only the manager was half decent.

I use 4 Mbps Airtel as 16 Mbps is not feasible in my area but no complaints. I have been with Airtel since when Airtel Broadband came into existence. I was one among the first 50 customers who got the connection when Airtel Broadband was introduced. A very well established brand, worth the cost for the quality of service they give, i really wont bet on a new broadband service, let ACT establish its brand in the coming years. Not even once i had any issues with my Airtel in Broadband, i live near Boat Club Road, Chennai. :)

Airtel sent me a mail, i even got a call from then that they are increasing the cost. Airtel's service is un matched man. It all comes down to the own experience. My experience with Airtel has been a smooth ride, no obstacles ever, my braodband, mobile, DTH everything is Airtel.

i have also heard good things about airtel service but my experience has been bad enough to make me stay clear of them.like you said it boils down to the personal experience, i was also hoping for a smooth transaction between them when i booked and regarding act apart from service[which is decent] everything you get is great value for money and the experience you want for some one who needs great speed and data[atleast 40-80gb] airtel plans esp chennai ones cant satisfy that category at all.
ACT is a well established company in blore and hyd so its fair to expect them to follow that up here also and if act is successful airtel will also be forced to drop price or increase data.

Last edited:
I was also a customer of AIRTEL few days back but they are now just overpricing everything which is not a good deal,so i discontinued it and now using IDEA which is far better than AIRTEL and they have some good plans unlike AIRTEL.I used the plan Rapid Plus 1749 30 GB

I was also a customer of AIRTEL few days back but they are now just overpricing everything which is not a good deal,so i discontinued it and now using IDEA which is far better than AIRTEL and they have some good plans unlike AIRTEL.I used the plan Rapid Plus 1749 30 GB
result on speedtest.net ?

Users who are viewing this thread