Draft: The Alphabet Draft

mohsin7827

International Coach
India
CSK
Birmingham Phoenix
X Rebels
5. Adam Gilchrist

Test line-ups were never the same after Adam. To keep wicket like him - superbly safe to wristspin, frequently acrobatic to the fast bowlers - was admirable. To bat like him - with thrilling freedom, at a strike rate topping 80 - was incredible. To do both was insane.

images (2).jpeg

@ahmedleo414

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
My next pick, Anil Kumble

.jpg
StatsMatchesWicketsBBIBBMBowling AveEcon
First Class2441,13610/74?25.832.63
Test13261910/7414/14929.652.69

Bio from cric info:

No bowler in history won India more Test matches than Anil Kumble, and there probably hasn't been a harder trier either. Like the great tall wristspinners Bill O'Reilly and his own idol BS Chandrasekhar, Kumble traded the legspinner's proverbial yo-yo for a spear, as the ball hacked through the air rather than hanging in it and came off the pitch with a kick rather than a kink. The method provided him stunning success, particularly on Indian soil, where his deliveries burst like packets of water upon the feeblest hint of a crack, and more than one modern-day batsman remarked that there was no more difficult challenge in cricket than handling Kumble on a wearing surface.

Kumble's prodigious capacity to bear pain was proved in Antigua in 2002 when he bandaged his fractured jaw to deliver a stirring spell, and that to continuously learn in the mid-2000s when, after a decade of middling away performances, he influenced memorable wins in Headingley, Adelaide, Multan and Kingston, using an improved googly, bigger sidespin and more variation in flight and on the crease.

My team so far:

1. :aus: :bat: Bill Ponsford
  2. R
  3. I
  4. C
  5. :pak: :ar: Imran Khan
  6. L
  7. E
  8. B
  9. :ind: :bwl: Anil Kumble
  10. C
  11. K
@Murtaza96 you have the next pick

Khan Sahab54

#titans
PAK...
AFG...
Lions
RCB...
Zalmi
MS
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
10 Incredible Records of Brendon McCullum in Cricket

Brendon Mccullum

He was one of the finest New Zealand batsman. And he used to keep the wickets for New Zealand too. In his final test against Australia in 2016 he smashed 54 ball hundred.

My XI

1. Alaistar Cook :bat:
2. Younis Khan :bat:
3. Brendon Mccullum :bat:

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Has anyone taken Dale Steyn yet? If not I'll take him for my number 11. As usual I'll edit this later.

@mohsin7827

EDIT: Steyn will have to go down in South Africa's history as one of their best bowlers, and yet, for some reason he's not exactly the first one that comes to mind for me. (Just for me, other people may be different.) You ask me to list great South African bowlers and I'd immediately tell you Allan Donald, Shaun Pollock, Makhaya Ntini...depending on my mood I might throw Jacques Kallis into the mix as a pure bowler. Andre Nel would feature at some point, 'cause I liked Nel a lot. But for some reason I'd not think about Steyn. That's rather unusual, because he has the stats to back him up. The couple of times I saw him play live I was definitely impressed, and that was early on in his international career. It would be an amazing sight to have him and Fidel Edwards with the new ball in hand. Batsmen beware.

@ahmedleo414 @Murtaza96 you guys are kerfuffling me. For years I associated Jushin Liger with Ahmed...now there's been an avatar swap it seems. :lol

Last edited:

mohsin7827

International Coach
India
CSK
Birmingham Phoenix
X Rebels
10. Dennis Lillee
Dennis Lillee, considered by many to have been "the complete bowler". A cricket icon who inspired a generation to bowl fast with a thick upper lip, Lillee's lion-hearted efforts are the stuff of Ashes folklore. The right-armer with a classical seam bowler’s action was Australia's spearhead for over a decade and few can match his overall record of 82 scalps at a tick over 20.

26_dennislillee.jpg

@Ashutosh.

Last edited:

Khan Sahab54

#titans
PAK...
AFG...
Lions
RCB...
Zalmi
MS
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My next pick Mohammad Amir
Pakistan fast bowler Mohammad Amir retires from international cricket  claiming 'mental torture'

My Xi
1. Alaistar Cook :bat:
2. Younis Khan :bat:
3. Brendon Mccullum :bat:
11. Mohammad Amir :bwl:

@ddrap14 you're next

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
I was expecting this pick to take longer. Nope, it took me 4 pages on Cricinfo.

Wally Hammond
1619850715396.png

Simply one of England's greatest batsmen, ever.

Users who are viewing this thread