The Ashes - 6 Month Form Guide

Aussies r tops

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
We all know about the great rivalry between Australia and England. The two countries, now 1st and 2nd in the world respectively, are right at the top of their game, dominating recent series.

It is now about 6 months before the two countries go head to head in the first npower Test Series Match at Lords. Over the next 6 months, the sides will complete their current series, at home for Australia in the VB Series and then away in New Zealand, and for England the completion of the tour of South Africa, before a home Test Series vs. Bangladesh, an ODI Series vs. Bangladesh which will also involve Australia, and a 3 match ODI series vs. Australia

Throughout all these tours, I thought we could have a form guide of how the sides are fairing, certain players and their specific current form, the various squads for the series, and everything else that will come together to make this a marvellous battle, the npower Test Series, or as it is known to most people.....The Ashes.

Well we've not had a great time in SA. But I think the players are saving their best for the Aussies. Hopefully we will have Freddie fit and running well in time for the Aussies. Also his absence from the team till that period will give Kevin Pieterson and Ian Bell a good chance to impress the fans and selectors alike.

I sure hope that england have a good run up until they play us so that we can kill their spirits and whitewash them

Hehe actually I agree with b.lee. I really wanna see England get their hopes up and then get squashed. Sort of like a mosquito celebrating its survival from hand-swatter before being zapped by an electric raquet.

But thats happened before, we got our hopes up in the last 2 series but got thrashed 4-1 each time. I don't know why the aussies on here keep starting these topics! We know you're the best in the world, we know you're the favourites for the Ashes and will probably win the Ashes! I know I sound defeatist, but its the truth and we don't need it rubbed in anymore!

Tell me with honesty that if England were the top team in the world that you would not be rubbing it in everyone else's faces. Apart from that, England have been getting great vibes from beating world-class teams like West Indies and New Zealand, and it would just be fun to see how they react to some ordinary competition like Australia.

Well think of it this way, if you do finally regain the ashes this year you can quote all the crap we've said the Aussies winning and rub it in our faces. If indeed England do win the ashes I think I'll be copping a lot of sh*t

I'd hardly describe Australia as 'ordinary competition' and yes I strongly dispute the fact that we would be as arrogant and insufferable as the Aussies.
We know we're not the best and we enjoy it when we win. We don't however go on about it non-stop. That said if we do ever win the Ashes again (!) you can bet that we will give the Aussies what they deserve until the next series comes round.

It only took one win (against bloody South Africa) to generate about 12 thousand Hoggard signatures, who knows what'd happen if you actually managed to win the Ashes

brad352 said:
It only took one win (against bloody South Africa) to generate about 12 thousand Hoggard signatures, who knows what'd happen if you actually managed to win the Ashes
There wouldn't be any offers of congratulations from you lot, that's for sure. Excuses probably, but no congratulations.

Yeah, because we all know that every Aussie thinks and acts the same way, we might as well just all combine to have one account on the forums...........

While we're at it, why not just elect one representative of each country to post on everyone's behalf?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread