The Ashes - 6 Month Form Guide

Yeh, i'd think it was highly unlikely that Darren Lehmann and Simon Katich play in the same match. Plus it looks like Cricket Australia have had enough of Lehmann now.

Get ready for 4 or even 3 day tests.

Beating WI, NZ ,SA is such a cool stuff that England will thrash Aussies inside 3 or 4 days.

Lets look how Enland can do it :

So what if the batting falls of like a pack of cards nothing doing POMS.

So what if the bowling is not good enough to handle "a already lost" SA batting lineup.

So what if the keeper is more adapt to goalkeeping.

So what if the opponets are capable of resticting opposition to 100 if they had scored 150

MY bet ENGLAND 5-0 AUSTRALIA

This is a sarcastic look at whats coming up.
so ppll chill out.
We all know the results

Last edited:
no no no , Australia have silently won the Ashes already , ok , u can be the number 2 side in the wolrd ,but if you are playing New Zealand , West Indies and a broken South African side , I'd say u have no hope in hell to beat a great side like Australia , its time England come down to earth , and the only way this is gonna happen is by Australia defeating England in the ashes , Harmison was number one in the world a few days later he's battling to keep in the top 10 of the world , and all that becuase he had a great season against a weak team! and when he faced a greater team like SA he was dead , its time to take a chance cause I tell u now that Strauss is going to fail!!!! , I just get that feeling , Pietersen into the side is another one (Pietersen vs Clarke) , where does england go if Harmison has completely lost it , Hoggard work horse fails , Id say its like taking candy of a baby , Australia's batting and bowling lineup is the best in the world , G jones trying to be a new Gillchrest is funny ,just like someone said in the I think its Sohummisra in the thread wich i ask u if SA should field their strongest or their weakest , he said "South Africa's bowling is inexpierence and Australia isnt , England should watch out , they are going to be brought level with the world if not lower !!!!!!!!

Thorpe vs Lehmann/Katich
Graham Thorpe adds a lot of steel to the England middle order. Often, when England have lost their top 3 or 4 very early, its Thorpe who has to do the recovery work, and get England back to a respectable position. He is a vital member of the England side, and is ideal at the no.5 position.
Darren Lehmann is one of the best players of spin, and does a good job down the order. He also is capable of bowling, which gives his captain an extra option. However Lehmann, like Thorpe, is getting pretty old, and many have asked the big lad to retire soon.
Simon Katich is an ideal replacement for Lehmann. He has scored runs consistently for Australia whenever given the oppurtunity, but has yet been dropped by the selectors on numerous occassions. He seems to be more of a back-up players who delivers. However, he could have tough time playing Harmison and Flintoff.
Advantage - Graham Thorpe (England)

Shevchenko said:
Harmison was number one in the world a few days later he's battling to keep in the top 10 of the world , and all that becuase he had a great season against a weak team! and when he faced a greater team like SA he was dead

Do you ever look deeper than just 'oh, West Indies are ranked 8th so he could bowl rubbish and still do well'? Harmison was supurb against the West Indies in the West Indies. You don't have figures of 7/12, 6/61, 4/44 and 6/46 against the same opposition if you don't bowl well. He found that out in the first 2 tests of the summer series against the West Indies. Harmison was awful in those 2 games. He took 3 wickets in those 2 tests, then in the final 2 he took 14 wickets. How do you explain why Hoggard, who has never been our best bowler against those 'weak' teams, took 26 wickets against this 'greater' South Africa team in all 5 tests, Simon Jones, who some people don't rate at all, took 15 wickets in 4 tests? I can tell you why, because they bowled very well at times, something Harmison didn't do.

Hey Stevie mate im not saying the English cricket team bad, but gee c'mon can Harmison do what Pollock can do no , can he do what Gillispie can do , no , and I will tell u why , the boy needs expierence and if u come of a great season against West Indies than wow u must be a great bowler top notched greatest off all time , but the real piccture here is the International Scene and u do not expect a great a series against the Windies will continue youre form against much stronger competition in the world and that is what Harmison expected after he bowled so well in West Indies , he probaly thought that ah well im number one in the world so im just gonna take the ball and ball any line , who cares , the other bowlers they have alot to catch up , and he failed mainly because his head was to high , I love Hoggard , he might not be the greatest bowler but he is a work-horse not like Harmison who thinks everything will happen when he just balls a delivery

hope u not taking this to serious Stevie

Shevchenko, you assume a lot about Harmison's character. You suggest that he thought he was so god damn good that he not only bowled poorly for a match, he still thought he was god's gift to cricket four matches and just seven wickets later.

Most likely, SAF were better prepared against him. He was the danger man, so they made sure he wasn't going to walk away with six-fers and seven-fers. Possibly, he has fallen flat after a tiring year. Perhaps even, he has spent too much time batting in the nets, rather than bowling and lost some form.

Basically, I can't imagine that he is so incomprehensively arrogant that he consistently doesn't perform simply because he believes he is the best. At the very least, his team mates would have called him up for being useless.

I reckon Batty would become the main spinner if Giles is injured.

To be honest,England dont even have a good spinner apart from Giles.

Users who are viewing this thread