2006 Calling---> Which is the most eagerly waited series ?

The most eagerly awaited contest in 2006 ?

• ICC CHAMPIONS TROPHY, INDIA 2006

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • India`s tour of Pakistan

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • Pakistan`s tour of England

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Asia Cup 2006

• England`s Tour of India

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • The ASHES 2006-2007 (Nov-Dec 2006)

Votes: 25 35.2%
  • VB Series 2006 (SA-SRL-AUS)

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • SRL`s tour of England

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • India`s Tour of the West Indies

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other

• Total voters
.::Stevo::. said:
OK 1. We can't help that you bread like rabbits.

And if you wanna talk populations:
India: over a billion
Australia: 20 mil - yet we still kick your asses?? hmm funny that

2. How can you say Pakistan and India are better than England and Australia?? Do you even watch cricket?

3. Aussie team 'severly' depleted??? ahaha you obviously don't watch our domestic ey.

Oh, Stevo, your post almost made me fall out of my chair. First of all, you should be made clear that anyone who uses the statement, "Do you even watch cricket" has no better justification to their argument. I have indeed watched cricket. I also need to correct two spelling mistakes that you made, just for anal's sake. We may breed like rabbits, but the rest of the world wants to make love the way we did. Also, it isn't that funny that Australia beat India in cricket or any other sport, for that matter. Our resources are concentrated on other sectors--education, commerce, etc. We probably want to keep that out of a sports forum, though.

Your final point--that Australia will not severely depleted. No chance, you say? I greatly respect the Australian domestic league but really--domestic cricket just tells you how good a cricketer you are--not how successful you'll be in the international league.

Finally, you seem to have misread the whole tone of my post. I find it amusing that you react so aggressively to all subcontinental posts that claim India-Pakistan to be an epic encounter but have problems when subcontinent folks make the same claim with the Aussie-English rivalry. If you are not a well-watched enough cricket fan to realize the speciality between an India-Pakistan affair, the emotions, blood and sweat the players put into it, then I have nothing to say to you--not even that snobby question--'Do you even watch cricket?'

Indiangod said:
Sorry about that my mistake.......I was only looking at the 5 or 7 odi series not the tournements. If England prepare well for India, they might beat us.
I'd say they'd need to prepare a lot. And prepare in the direction of miraculously finding an ace spinner. Even in ODI cricket, I don't think England's strong pace attack and Giles will be enough to counter India's fast lengthening batting line-up.

Ind/Pak series, in terms of amount of interest and weight of numbers would have to be the best series. On top of that nobody really is certain who is going to win, which makes it a great series. In hindsight I probably should've voted for it, although I personally am looking forward to the Ashes more.

England need to realise what Australia took a long time to realise as well - winning in the subcontinent is hard, no matter how good you think you are. Losing to Pakistan, if you compare it to some of Australia's subcontinent woes of the past, is not that bad. We've sent better squads with less injuries and have still come back empty-handed. I'd love to say that England have lost the plot since the Ashes, but it's easy to jump to conclusions and I know very well that this loss may just be a typical case of struggling on the Asian grounds.

Indeed, it is going to be the perennial problem of cricket playing nations. Non-subcontinent teams will always struggle on the subcontinent and subcontinent teams will always struggle outside of it. That's usually why the series are exciting when subcontinent teams face off and non-subcontinent teams face off. Anyone who claims that a certain team did well just because they are playing on the subcontinent must realize that that is exactly where they are supposed to do well. The only way one can really become a master of all grounds is by having one type of pitch in the other place. :) Imagine having dustbowls in Australia!!

Ind Vs Pak ! Both teams are in Top form and we can expect quality cricket from both teams.

Okay! Let's not fight and make it 'The Ashes or India vs. Pak's Series' Topic :rolleyes:

It's just an opinion not a war :swords

For Eng and Aus people - The Ashes is the Best!

For Desi people - India vs. Pakistan is the Best!

Other People - I don't know!
sorry.gif

Simple :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I think we need to give a special name to 'India vs. Pakistan Special Series' like the 'The Ashes Series' - By the way wicket name
coolp.gif

I think 'The Desi Series' (Any comments ;))

tassietiger said:
Ind/Pak series, in terms of amount of interest and weight of numbers would have to be the best series. On top of that nobody really is certain who is going to win, which makes it a great series. In hindsight I probably should've voted for it, although I personally am looking forward to the Ashes more.

England need to realise what Australia took a long time to realise as well - winning in the subcontinent is hard, no matter how good you think you are. Losing to Pakistan, if you compare it to some of Australia's subcontinent woes of the past, is not that bad. We've sent better squads with less injuries and have still come back empty-handed. I'd love to say that England have lost the plot since the Ashes, but it's easy to jump to conclusions and I know very well that this loss may just be a typical case of struggling on the Asian grounds.
it took you guys just 35 years before you won a test series in India !
England are`nt doing anything too bad when you look at that .

India V Pak series this time will be the first time when both sides will go into the series in full form .
Last time when India toured Pak, Pakistan were in woeful form and the same was the case with India when Pakistan toured us in 2005 .

The Champions trophy this time will be a cracker as well with the new format and also we`ve seen that all the sides are evenly matched in ODIs .
I hope they do not schedule a game at Chennai as the series will be played during October.
The last 2 Champions trophy have been good as well but rain affected .
Who can forget the Champions Trophy 2004 final !

The most eagerly awaited sporting event in 2006 will be the World Cup in Germany. I expect this tournament to be the best ever!!

lol, i think this is cricket only and not any other sport....anyway, i feel the ICC champions trophy will be the best!

nik said:
lol, i think this is cricket only and not any other sport....anyway, i feel the ICC champions trophy will be the best!

Yep me too.......but the Pakistan vs India test and odi series will just as be exciting.

Hopefully they dont. Hey do you guys think we should play 3 pace bowlers and 1 spinner instead of 2 spinners and 2 pace bowlers......since the pitches are being made for fast and bouncy tracks against India.

I think it depends on the fitness of the players and many other factors. In fact, I think this should be discussed in the Indopak thread. ;)

m_vaughan said:
The most eagerly awaited sporting event in 2006 will be the World Cup in Germany. I expect this tournament to be the best ever!!
Ohh yeah,forgot about the World Cup.Pity it will be at such a bad time for us. :crying

Users who are viewing this thread