2006 Calling---> Which is the most eagerly waited series ?

The most eagerly awaited contest in 2006 ?

• ICC CHAMPIONS TROPHY, INDIA 2006

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • India`s tour of Pakistan

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • Pakistan`s tour of England

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Asia Cup 2006

• England`s Tour of India

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • The ASHES 2006-2007 (Nov-Dec 2006)

Votes: 25 35.2%
  • VB Series 2006 (SA-SRL-AUS)

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • SRL`s tour of England

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • India`s Tour of the West Indies

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other

• Total voters
I agree. The hype around champions trophy is not worth it. WC is the ultimate but for the next season, i am sure India vs England is very crucial. England will be playing, after being walloped by a good pakistan side. If they perform well against India, their confidence will be high when the face Aussies.

Don't think the result in India will dictate the result of the Ashes. The conditions in India are contrary to Australia's conditions and the English fast bowlers will certainly I feel bowl alot better in Aus. Champions Trophy should be scrapped or at least make it a twenty20 comp which will also target the small fringe nations such as Namibia, Kenya, Netherlands and maybe even the USA.

twenty20 competition will be useless for Namibia and other minor countries. They require experience in longer-version first, and get good practice.
Champions trophy should stay, its always good to include all major teams in one tournament and WC is the only other event.

cricket_lover said:
twenty20 competition will be useless for Namibia and other minor countries. They require experience in longer-version first, and get good practice.
Champions trophy should stay, its always good to include all major teams in one tournament and WC is the only other event.

I agree! I want the Champions Trophy to stay! I dont think it would be less exciting! Any tournament with all teams participating will be exciting and that too on Indian wickets where runs can flow, it will be very interesting!

Well, if you truly think about what is the most eagerly awaited series, its gonna be India-Pak by far? Why? Just go to cia.gov and check out the populations. More people follow cricket in India than there are people in England and Australia. :) In terms of quality cricket action, I think India vs Pakistan also will lead the crop. Why? Both teams are looking in top form, and this competition being just a month from now, this is going to be top-notch cricket. The Ashes is quite a ways off, and the Aussie team may be severely depleted by then.

I think the Asia Cup and ICC Champions Trophy will be mere money growing tournaments. I will try and go to an ICCCT match if there is one in Bombay (hopefully the final is here or Delhi, and not Eden Gardens). Also, what time is this scheduled? It's not unlike the ICC to schedule it in the middle of the monsoon.

sohummisra said:
Well, if you truly think about what is the most eagerly awaited series, its gonna be India-Pak by far? Why? Just go to cia.gov and check out the populations. More people follow cricket in India than there are people in England and Australia. :) In terms of quality cricket action, I think India vs Pakistan also will lead the crop. Why? Both teams are looking in top form, and this competition being just a month from now, this is going to be top-notch cricket. The Ashes is quite a ways off, and the Aussie team may be severely depleted by then.

I think the Asia Cup and ICC Champions Trophy will be mere money growing tournaments. I will try and go to an ICCCT match if there is one in Bombay (hopefully the final is here or Delhi, and not Eden Gardens). Also, what time is this scheduled? It's not unlike the ICC to schedule it in the middle of the monsoon.

According to this link, its held in Oct-Nov. So good chances of it crossing head to head with the monsoons!

http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/FORTHCOMING/FORTHCOMING_TOURS_IND.html

Last edited:
sohummisra said:
OK 1. We can't help that you bread like rabbits.

And if you wanna talk populations:
India: over a billion
Australia: 20 mil - yet we still kick your asses?? hmm funny that

2. How can you say Pakistan and India are better than England and Australia?? Do you even watch cricket?

3. Aussie team 'severly' depleted??? ahaha you obviously don't watch our domestic ey.

Last edited:
Just try to kick our asses now man?? we might do the thing back to u more harder...

what sohum said was right. in terms of quality cricket, both pakistan and india are in top form and the fight is going to be more tenser than the previous encounters between them...

pakistan and india might not be better than australia but they're building rapidly and sooner or later, they will be right up there to challenge u heavily!

Pak-India series is the best...... in terms of crowd,excitement,thrill,pressure and as well in terms of bookies cash on the game.... Nothing comes close to Pak-India series................

PakiFan said:
Pak-India series is the best...... in terms of crowd,excitement,thrill,pressure and as well in terms of bookies cash on the game.... Nothing comes close to Pak-India series................
Thats just rubbish! :mad: The Pak India series is very good,but in terms of class cricket won't come close to the Ashes...
And as Vaughen said,Pak and India are prolly playing to often.

PakiFan said:

Well since you are a pakistani fan you will find the Pak-India series as being the "best" and most enjoyable and from what i seen lately I also find it quite enthralling and alot of passion from both sides. But the Ashes is going to be massive as there will be a determined Aussie side looking to snatch the Ashes back and an England side who will attempt to be no.1 if they can beat Aus on home soil. So which series is most exciting depends on where you are from and what you are mainly interested in.

The icc champions thropy cricket and the Pakistan vs India series will be exiciting to watch.

.::Stevo::. said:
OK 1. We can't help that you bread like rabbits.

And if you wanna talk populations:
India: over a billion
Australia: 20 mil - yet we still kick your asses?? hmm funny that

2. How can you say Pakistan and India are better than England and Australia?? Do you even watch cricket?

3. Aussie team 'severly' depleted??? ahaha you obviously don't watch our domestic ey.

You never know next time when we play you lot we could kick your ass, I think India and Pakistan are a better team then England.You just seen Pakistan batter England in the recent test and odi series.
India and Pakistan are improving a lot evrey day, and both teams have got heaps of talent in thier countries.

Last edited:
way back in 91??

England beat South Africa in 2003 Natwest Series Final, and beat Pakistan in 2003 Natwest Challenge. We also won the 2004 Natwest Challenge against India.

Our last win away from home was also in 2004 against Zimbabwe and we've also won in Bangladesh in 2003.

But yes our last ODI win against a big away from home dates back to 1997 in the Sharjah Cup under Adam Hollioake. That is one thing that needs to be changed, and hopefully the long wait will end in the 7 ODI series against India.

m_vaughan said:
way back in 91??

England beat South Africa in 2003 Natwest Series Final, and beat Pakistan in 2003 Natwest Challenge. We also won the 2004 Natwest Challenge against India.

Our last win away from home was also in 2004 against Zimbabwe and we've also won in Bangladesh in 2003.

But yes our last ODI win against a big away from home dates back to 1997 in the Sharjah Cup under Adam Hollioake. That is one thing that needs to be changed, and hopefully the long wait will end in the 7 ODI series against India.

Sorry about that my mistake.......I was only looking at the 5 or 7 odi series not the tournements. If England prepare well for India, they might beat us.

Users who are viewing this thread