2006 Calling---> Which is the most eagerly waited series ?

The most eagerly awaited contest in 2006 ?

• ICC CHAMPIONS TROPHY, INDIA 2006

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • India`s tour of Pakistan

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • Pakistan`s tour of England

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Asia Cup 2006

• England`s Tour of India

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • The ASHES 2006-2007 (Nov-Dec 2006)

Votes: 25 35.2%
  • VB Series 2006 (SA-SRL-AUS)

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • SRL`s tour of England

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • India`s Tour of the West Indies

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other

• Total voters
India tour of Pak is going to be best one. Ashes will be good but not as good as India Pak series.

I reckon the ashes will be a huge anti-climax. Since England won the ashes they have just seemed to get worse by the day.

England haven't got worse... they have always been poor at one day matches. As for the tests against Pakistan, England only batted poorly because they've had time off training and match practice since the Ashes. Also they aren't used to the conditions. When England become accustomed to other countries they should improve. The bowling side of the team is alright but the batting needs improvement (especially the middle order). The Ashes 06/07 will be a magnificent event for England and Austrailia... I do think we will struggle against Austrailia if we can't win a test against India in India.

The Ashes. Like I said before I dont really care what happens before that, as long as we can retain the Ashes in Australia.

Sureshot said:
Not the real Urn :p
Actually we are, it's touring here some time in 2006.

Also, the problem with this poll is it depends purely on where you come from. For me, the India-Pakistan series won't go anywhere near the Ashes, but I'm sure if I went for one of the teams, I would be interested. It'd take a fair bit to get me really interested in a series not involving Australia or Tassie (except the Pak/Eng series going on atm, because I love seeing those Poms get thrashed :D)

Last edited by a moderator:
the Ashes seems to have taken a huge lead !
our Indo-Pak members need to wake up C`mon guys, we need some votes for India tour of Pakistan !

Ashes probably, the Ind-Pak not far behind. Not sure about the ICC Champions trophy, it usually turns out too wet, and the tournament isn't that exciting.

Drewska said:
Ashes probably, the Ind-Pak not far behind. Not sure about the ICC Champions trophy, it usually turns out too wet, and the tournament isn't that exciting.
The new format of the Champions Trophy will ensure more meaningful contests as there won`t be any minnows playing .
There will be 2 groups of 4 teams each and 2 teams from each group will qualify for the semis .

tassietiger said:
Actually we are, it's touring here some time in 2006.

Also, the problem with this poll is it depends purely on where you come from. For me, the India-Pakistan series won't go anywhere near the Ashes, but I'm sure if I went for one of the teams, I would be interested. It'd take a fair bit to get me really interested in a series not involving Australia or Tassie (except the Pak/Eng series going on atm, because I love seeing those Poms get thrashed :D)

Not permanent though ;)

Yeah comeon Indians and Pakistan. Theya re lot of Desi people in here. Where are you guys. We need to overtake them man.

Last edited by a moderator:
m_vaughan said:
The ICC Champions Trophy is according to me the least important tournament.

I agree. Ashes would be on top of the list for me. Even the Chappel Hadlee series i feel is more important that the Champions trophy.

Users who are viewing this thread