The Ashes - 6 Month Form Guide

Hmm, sarcasm's obviously a trait too.

brad352 said:
Yeah, because we all know that every Aussie thinks and acts the same way, we might as well just all combine to have one account on the forums...........

While we're at it, why not just elect one representative of each country to post on everyone's behalf?

LMAO
I think we should start making a list of traits for each countries representative...

Well if you're doing that, be sure not to count Jarryd as an Australia. Put his traits in the 'miscellaneous' category

i think you can fee pretty safe squiz, even if we send Australia A

i was really hope the pom's give us a challenge they havnt given us a real challenge in a series since the 80's

Geez its still 6 months away and it already sounds like the Ashes...

BUT

If you have been paying attention to the VB Series, you would notice Australia havent had it al their own way. Yesterday, they were 4-38 against West Indies, and the other day, against the Windies again, they were 5-43 after 11 overs before rain washed out play.
Here is the scorecard, and, you will see that Australia have a couple of form worries
(NOTE: Adam Gilchrist, Damien Martyn, Michael Kasprowicz and Shane Watson resting)

Michael Clarke - 21 (16)
Matthew Hayden - 3 (6)
Ricky Ponting - 0 (2)
Andrew Symonds - 31 (49)
Darren Lehmann - 4 (6)
Simon Katich - 76 (86)
Brad Haddin - 32 (49)
Brad Hogg - 3 (6)
Brett Lee - 38 (44) NOT OUT
Jason Gillespie - 44 (42) NOT OUT
Glenn McGrath - DNB

That makes for interesting reading, doesnt it. The top five batsmen, just making just 59 between them. Matthew Hayden has been out of form basically all summer, and his opening position in the ODI's is seriously under threat from Michael Clarke, the "makeshift" opener, who has stood in when Gilchrist and Hayden have been rested throughout the summer, and at the moment is the tournament's leading run scorer. Andrew Symonds, before this game had been desperately out of form, recording 5 ducks in his past 6 innings!
Another interesting part is that Simon Katich, only in the side because Martyn is being rested, scored 76, the highest score. Brad Haddin, only in because Gilchrist is being rested, scroed a well made 32. The no. 10 batsman got the second highest score, and the no. 9 got the third highest score.

And this is only ODI cricket.......but i still think the Aussies are favourites......lol ;) :)

It's going to be a tough time for the selectors to pick their finals team, well here's mine

1. Adam Gilchrist
2. Michael Clarke
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Damien Martyn
5. Darren Lehmann
6. Andrew Symonds
7. Simon Katich
8. Hogg/Watson (Depends on where it's played)
9. Lee
10. Gillespie or Kasprowicz (can't decide)
11. McGrath

I think we'll still win the Ashes though :cheer

they wont drop hayden for the ashes but maybe the nz tour, althought the coach says otherwise
heres mine:

M.Hayden
A.Gilchrist
R.Ponting
D.Martyn
M.Clarke
S.Katich
A.Symonds
S.Watson
B.Hogg
B.Lee
J.Gillespie
G.Mcgrath

and for tests:
M.Hayden
J.Langer
R.Ponting
D.Martyn
S.Katich (Sory Lehman, time to go)
M.Clarke
A.Gilchrist
S.Warne
B.Lee
G.Mcgrath
J.Gillespie

Thought id move McGrath up the order, he will open soon

this is for the england tour

I wouldnt play lee, he is quite a few of the england players fav. bowler, just look at the ICC semi's

Test team in batting order
A Strauss
M Vaughn
R Key
M Trescothick
G Thorpe
A Flintoff
G Jones
A Giles
S Jones
M Hoggard
S Harmsion

ODI Side
M Trescothick
V Solanki
A Strauss
R Key
M Vaughn
A Flintoff
G Jones
A Giles
S Jones
M Hoggard
S Harmison

b.lee said:
M.Hayden
A.Gilchrist
R.Ponting
D.Martyn
M.Clarke
S.Katich
A.Symonds
S.Watson
B.Hogg
B.Lee
J.Gillespie
G.Mcgrath

and for tests:
M.Hayden
J.Langer
R.Ponting
D.Martyn
S.Katich (Sory Lehman, time to go)
M.Clarke
A.Gilchrist
S.Warne
B.Lee
G.Mcgrath
J.Gillespie

Thought id move McGrath up the order, he will open soon

this is for the england tour

Abit tough on Kasper, he's not exactly done anything wrong! Think England will be pleased if Lee's playing though. :D

Mate McGrath is an all rounder but Gillespie has 2 test 50s this season!!!!!
You have 2 play lee, he is an attacking , aggressive bowler who consistently takes wickets. He was on a hat-trick twice the other night, and 3 of his 4 wickets were Gayle, Hinds and LARA

My team for the finals of the VB Series would be:
Gilchrist
Clarke
Ponting
Martyn
Symonds
Katich
Watson
Hogg
Lee
Gillespie
McGrath
12th: Lehmann/Kasprowicz

And dont be surprised come the Ashes that Australia move Gilchrist up to 6, and have Watson at 7 in the Tests.

m_vaughan said:
dream on
:rolleyes:

Clearly you are one who is dreaming. Lets be realistic. We (eng0 are a good side, but were still nothing on aus, especially if we play like we did against sa.

The no.3 spot need to be sorted for good.

Anyway, In relation to the ashes.........

yes its'true aus also havn't played their absolute best recently, however......its clear that even in a situation of <100 and between four and five wickets down, Aus still manage to get out of trouble. ~On theother hand, eng have, and probobly always will, fold under situations of such pressure. Apart from that, wheever eng have a side on the ropes, we more than often, dont finish the job!!!!!!

hence my ahses prediction is 1-3 in favour of aus.

stevie said:
Abit tough on Kasper, he's not exactly done anything wrong! Think England will be pleased if Lee's playing though. :D

I think eng would rather have kasrpra against them......most of our players will be used to kaspra. And lee kicks ass!!!!!

Doubt they'll be that use to Kasper, playing for Glamorgan, who were Division 2 last season, and the last time he played in a test against England was ages ago as far as I know. Plus, most of our players don't play county cricket anymore.

I think thats abit harsh on us crumbling all the time, we've come through may pressure situations. Back in the West Indies during the 3rd Test, we were 90-5, then 119-6, but still managed to get a lead in that innings. During the summer, at the half way point of alot of the matches it was very, very close, we were somtimes behind! But still came through to win. If we were chokers, like we have been in previous years, we would've lost these matches. Could so easily have been 6 or 7 loses instead of 7 wins.

In South Africa, while we didn't play to our best, it was clear they are a better side than they have shown lately. To come back and win the 4th test, having been utterly battered in the previous game and the way we bowled in the 1st innings of the 4th test, it was a wonderful effort. England teams of the not so distant past would've crumbled, but not this one.

Now, while i'm fully expecting an Australian win this summer, it shouldn't be the walk over it has been for the last few series.

Bret Lee gets destyoed by england, playing him would be suicide, not that playing lee would make england win, i wish......

brad352 said:
Yeah, because we all know that every Aussie thinks and acts the same way, we might as well just all combine to have one account on the forums...........

Mmmmmmmm...................., now there's a interesting suggestion. Time for a new topic in the admin forum ;)

Users who are viewing this thread