Story The Ashes. England Tour Australia (Massive Problem, with computer)

Who will win The Ashes (Reps for correct answer)

• Total voters

Highlander999

ICC President
It is that time again. The Ashes are here.

ART11_The-Ashes-Urn.jpg

So it is time again. The Ashes. Strange how such a little urn can stir such emotions in fully grown men. Last summer the English snatched The Ashes back from the Australians after such a long wait. Now it is time again for the Australians to have their revenge. Images like this are still bitter for many Australians.

ashescelebration.jpg

Many said Ponting should go, after losing The Ashes, however he is still here. Australia are ranked Number 1 in the World and with right to. They have recently beaten South Africa, India and Pakistan, however now the Australian Cricket Machine is eyeing up tiny England.

pontingoct10pic2.jpg
Should he have kept his job?

Australia are going to be without the legendary Glenn McGrath after he broke his ankle in a car accident. However Shane Warne, the man who almost saved Australia last time will be playing, and he will want revenge.
warne_today0.jpg
23mcgrath.jpg

Kevin Pietersen and Andrew Flintoff the two men who were pivotal in England's win last summer will be playing. Questions have been asked about Flintoff's ankle. it has been advised by doctor's for Flintoff to take it easy during the warm-up games.

Kpandfreddie.jpg

The Dream Team

The Squads:

Both sides have announced their squads, with a few surprises in both. England have decided to go with Philip Mustard as the wicket-keeper after Geriant Jones has been suffering from poor form. Ian Bell is unable go on the Tour due to a strained hamstring. There are a few surprise inclusion including Luke Wright, Dimitry Mascarenhas, Darren Maddy, Ravi Bopara and Owais Shah. Here is the full squad:

Cricket20052007-09-2820-36-02-62.jpg

A few Surprise Inclusions

Australia had a real blow not being able to have Glenn McGrath, however this is still a very strong batting line up. Justin langer has retired now, which gives Jacques and Maher a chance to shine. A very strong bowling attack with warne, Lee, Clark and Tait, which is backed up by some fine batsmen like Ponting, Hayden, Hussey and Clarke. Here is the Australian Squad.

Cricket20052007-09-2820-35-52-67.jpg

The first match for England is a 50 Over Match against The Chairman's XI.

Cricket20052007-09-2820-40-40-26.jpg

Here is the pitch. A scortcher of a day out here, but the pitch is as flat as a pancake. Vaughan has won the toss and has elected to bat first.

Cricket20052007-09-2820-40-46-71.jpg

Here are the two teams. The opening pair of Strauss and Cook have appeared. Both will be hoping to get some nice early runs, to make a good start to the Tour. It is a very strong team England have put out, with out any exclusions of major players.

Cricket20052007-09-2820-41-54-00.jpg

So it is time for the First Ball to be bowled. Stay tuned for this Opening Tour Match between Chairman's XI and England.

Last edited:

Highlander999

ICC President
Sponsors Announced!

It was announced just now, that LG have won the right to have their name on the Test Stumps and EA for the the One Day Stumps. Star Sports have been announced as the company that will be covering the Tour, but in a deal with Sky will be broadcasting to British viewers via Sky Sports. Channel 9 were also trying to get the TV Rights and are reported to have said they will be making a complaint feeling that they were ganged up on by Sky and Star. Last night Star Sports Director had this to say:

Star Sports Director said:
I am very pleased that we have been able to make a deal with Sky Sports. This will hopefully mean that Cricket Fans throughout the World will be able to enjoy this wonderful Series.

So now that the Sponsors have been announced. It is time to watch England v Chairman's XI. We will be back after this break.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Ok my part of the 'deal' as you call it lol. Would be good if you ould take an Ashes story all the way. Will you play as England all through the tour? Looking forward to the actual series, there's one hell of a lot of tour matches!

tonka998

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yep - gd start! .... thats all ive got to say! Speaks for itself doesnt it!

By the way - im sorry to have to do this on your thread so i apologise in advance but were still ooking for more poeple to enter my "Guess the Score" county competition! Please sign up! :)

If your unhappy about me doing that highlander just say so and i'll edit it! :)

Highlander999

ICC President
Ok my part of the 'deal' as you call it lol. Would be good if you ould take an Ashes story all the way. Will you play as England all through the tour? Looking forward to the actual series, there's one hell of a lot of tour matches!

Don't worry. I will be taking this one all the way through. I finally have bought Photo Express so I have a consistent graphics programme. I have already started playing the second tour match, and will update the story in about 45 mins. Go free periods :happy

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
there's one hell of a lot of tour matches!

Yes i also agree with Trev.. You might just autoplay those warm up matches and concentrate in detail on test/ODI matches between Eng and Aus. :) Just my opinion though.. Take it in whichever way you are comfortable. As long as you continue, its very fine. :cool:

Good luck with this :)

Highlander999

ICC President
England get off to a poor start but stage a revival

England started their campaign in Australia, with a bad start losing two wickets in the first two overs. First to go was Andrew Strauss, who was caught at gully after edging an attempted cover drive.

Cricket20052007-09-2820-45-33-37.jpg

Michael Vaughan, the skipper, then was trapped LBW by an excellent yorker. This left england in a bit of a problem with both Strauss and vaughan out for ducks, and Cook looking very nervous.

Cricket20052007-09-2820-51-40-57.jpg

A revival was staged however by Kevin Pietersen and Alistair Cook, and the runs began to flow. KP especially looked dangerous, with no part of the ground safe from him. The 50 partnership quickly arrived

Cricket20052007-09-2912-54-41-87.jpg

Alistair Cook, who had been looking a bit nervous, finally perished when attempting to go over the top, it came of the splice of the bat and a simple catch was taken. Could this be the breakthrough which the Chaiman's Xi needed?

Cricket20052007-09-2912-57-47-79.jpg

After 15 Overs the score was 69/3. England were going out an OK run-rate but were losing wickets far too quickly. KP was looking strong though.

Cricket20052007-09-2913-01-25-31.jpg

All three of the bowlers used had got wickets, however Walters had been quite expensive. Wilson had bowled three superb overs, testing the batsmen on both front and back foot defense

Cricket20052007-09-2913-01-30-65.jpg

The Manhattan, highlights just how poor England's start was, losing those two early wickets. The ninth over was very strong, with Pietersen hitting a massive six right out of Perth and into Sydney :)

Cricket20052007-09-2913-01-41-09.jpg

Between overs 15-35, England begun to concentrate more and more on singles, nurdling the ball into the gaps, trying to get the run-rate to above 6 an over. This did not suit Kevin Pietersen's agressive style. One short delivery he attempted to loft the ball back over the bowlers head. He did not time it all though and it went straight to mid-on.

Cricket20052007-09-2913-18-21-68.jpg

This massive blow did not seem to affect England however as Paul Collingwood and Andrew Flintoff really got a healthy partnership together. Andrew Flintoff especially looked confident.

Cricket20052007-09-2918-52-26-34.jpg

So after 35 Overs the score was 183/4, with england in a very comfortable position. Flintoff was 1 away from his half-century and was going along at a very agressive rate. Paul Collingwood on the other hand was slightly more slower and giving Flintoff the strike a bit more

Cricket20052007-09-2919-04-44-75.jpg

The Chairman's XI bowlers it was agreed before the start would be allowed more than just 10 over spells and both Wilson and Walters have bowled quite a bit. Very tiring work in the heat.

Cricket20052007-09-2919-04-48-92.jpg

The manhattan has remained fairly constant although has begun to increase as the overs have moved on as Flintoff and Collingwood have setteled themselves in.

Cricket20052007-09-2919-04-55-26.jpg

So after 35 Overs, England are perfectly poised to make a good total, as long as there are no quick wickets lost. Stay tuned to find out what happens in the last few overs.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Flintoff and Colly did the rescue work very well taking England to a good position.

By the way, poll has been closed by request. :)

Users who are viewing this thread