The Ashes: (England tour of Australia)

Who will win the Ashes?

• England

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Australia

Votes: 26 74.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With Cook, Root, Stokes, Moeen, Anderson and Broad in the squad it would be difficult for the Australians to get a chance to win the match in this series. Also Australia had a crushing defeat from India in the last tour.

With Cook, Root, Stokes, Moeen, Anderson and Broad in the squad it would be difficult for the Australians to get a chance to win the match in this series. Also Australia had a crushing defeat from India in the last tour.

LOL

Ball probably has the worst stats after 3 Tests. 2 wickets at 114.00 Economy rate in ODIs 6.25.
Maybe the Australian pitches will suit him. So far in the warm-up games he has done quite well.

The selectors would have done better to give Mark Wood match practice with England than with the Lions. There are thoughts that he will play in Perth.

For some reason, England's situation is reminding me of the 2002 Ashes where injuries hit them badly and many of their best players weren't able to play. Now many of England's players are injured or are not playing, like Stokes.

James Vince will establish himself at no3 averaging over 50

Is Toby Roland Jones playing? If yes, I am damn excited to see how he fares on Aussie pitches.

Presumably we're also discussing the Women's Ashes in here, in which case I just want to say hats off to Ellyse Perry. I will probably edit in some stats demonstrating exactly how impressive her performances are when I get the chance.

Presumably we're also discussing the Women's Ashes in here, in which case I just want to say hats off to Ellyse Perry. I will probably edit in some stats demonstrating exactly how impressive her performances are when I get the chance.

True, but that test did nothing to promote women test matches. 21 wickets in 4 days and run rates were often super slow. The pitch is being blamed by all but damage been done ....

Does England need to worry about the Twin Hat-tricks of Starc? It could be a worrying performance

Australia Expected XI for the 1st Test :

1-Cameron Bancroft
2-David Warner
3-Usman Khawaja
4-Steven Smith
5-Peter Handscomb
6-Shaun Marsh
7-Tim Paine
8-Starc
9-Cummins
10-Lyon
11-Hazlewood.

Matt Renshaw - Maxwell - Matthew Wade will be dropped most likely !

Australia Expected XI for the 1st Test :

1-Cameron Bancroft
2-David Warner
3-Usman Khawaja
4-Steven Smith
5-Peter Handscomb
6-Shaun Marsh
7-Tim Paine
8-Starc
9-Cummins
10-Lyon
11-Hazlewood.

Matt Renshaw - Maxwell - Matthew Wade will be dropped most likely !
Good to see Paine back

Users who are viewing this thread