The Best of 2010.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
but my point still stands, he did not want the central contract or captaincy so he could make money in domestic 2020 and for that SHAME!

your point on the central contract is good but on the captaincy is not. He never said I don't want the captaincy or said that he doesn't like doing. I know that the central contract influenced the board to sack him.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Test Matches-

• Best Batsman: Sachin Tendulkar (2nd: Amla)
  • Best Bowler: Zaheer Khan/Dale Steyn
  • Best Batting Performance: 214 by Tendulkar vs Australia ( 2nd: Laxman 73* vs Aus/ 96 against SA in Durban)
  • Best Bowling Performance: Steyn 7-51 against India Nagpur (2nd: Zak's bowling in Durban : 6 - 93 )
  • Best Team: India
  • Best New Cricketer: -
x----x

ODI Matches-

• Best Batsman: AB Devilliers (2nd: Virat Kohli)
  • Best Bowler: Ryan Harris
  • Best Batting Performance: Sachin Tendulkar 200* against SA
  • Best Bowling Performance: Gul's 6-fer.
  • Best Team: England/India
  • Best New Cricketer: Kohli.
x----x

Miscellaneous-

• Best Fielder: AB De Villiers
  • Most Improved Cricketer: Swann
  • Catch of the Year: Dravid's 200th catch of Harbhajan's bowling.
  • The Most Shocking Upset of the Year: Pakistan's match fixing trio/NZ's whitewash
So biased.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@ Mark - maybe then Pollard and Bravo for your wall of shame, who gave away their contracts for flinging T20 domestic series, being the overseas guys?

P

pcfan123

yea but they don't have the same weight or influence that Gayle does, but sure why not. SHAME on them as well

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
your point on the central contract is good but on the captaincy is not.

It is though, they specifically told him that he could only continue to be captain if he was centrally contracted and he rejected it.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
It is though, they specifically told him that he could only continue to be captain if he was centrally contracted and he rejected it.

He rejected the contract because he did not like the things that were tied to it. I dont like that he rejected it but had he accepted the contract he wouldn't have quit the captaincy on his own.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
He wouldn't have quit the captaincy had they allowed him to keep on but he knew that he would be sacked if he went freelance so therefore gave up the captaincy by default. The point is he rejected the contract and thus the captaincy.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Test Matches-
Best Batsman: Alastair Cook. For the sake of picking someone different. Some of the best discipline and concentration I've seen for a long time.
Best Bowler: Dale Steyn. Keeps doing the business, including in India - a damn tough place for a bowler.
Best Batting Performance: Can't decide between Graeme Smith's 183 v Eng at Newlands and Trott's 168* at the MCG. Gun to my head I choose Trott because he really held that innings together with some excellent disciplined batting.
Best Bowling Performance: Aww stacks to choose from. Chris Martin's 5fer was awesome, Steyn skittling India at Nagpur with 7, Amir's 6fer at Lord's, but I personally enjoyed Mitch Johnson - 6/38 @ Perth. For one magic day, Mitch was back.
Best Team: Hmm, I'll say India - just. If they lost that last wicket against Australia maybe not... Although it's all pretty close really so naming a 'best' team is a bit silly. England have been impressively consistent, SA are always pretty good and you never know when Australia are going to pull their finger out. As well as Sri Lanka who might eventually play a Test outside Asia so we can judge them properly too...
Best New Cricketer: I'm guessing someone who debuted in 2010 then? Hmm, Ryan Harris or maybe Steve Finn I'd say. Although I liked the Zulqarnain Haider suggestion actually.
x----x

ODI Matches-
Best Batsman: AB De Villiers, Amla a close 2nd. Michael Clarke did pretty well in '10 too but my roughie is Brendan Taylor. 2 good hundreds against good teams for him last year.
Best Bowler: Shaun Tait. Didn't play much, but by crickey the English will remember the 3 ODIs he did play.
Best Batting Performance: The 200 of SRT of course. Although I did like Sehwag's 110 v NZ, that was a tough day for batting. Viru almost outscored NZ by himself.
Best Bowling Performance: Ryan Harris 5/19 v Pakistan at Perth. Was exactly the breath of fresh air the Aussie new ball attack needed.
Best Team: Sri Lanka. Bowled beautifully out here in Aus and they've discovered some talented dudes. Should be a force in the WC.
Best New Cricketer: Dinesh Chandimal - couldn't find too many good debutants for '10. Chandimal got a century on debut v India - pretty good start to a career.
x----x

Miscellaneous-
Best Fielder: probably AB De Villiers
Most Improved Cricketer: Chris Tremlett? Mitch Johnson improved drastically for Perth.
Catch of the Year: Dave Hussey for KKR catching Paul Collingwood
The Most Shocking Upset of the Year: England winning the Ashes :D

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Cook best batsman ? He had a terrible time against Pakistan in the summer. He's done well in Australia where I think the pitches suit his backfoot play but for me question marks remain over his technique.

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Test Matches-
Best Batsman: Sachin Tendulkar, Jono Trott
Best Bowler: Graeme Swann
Best Batting Performance: Trott's inning agains Oz:D
Best Bowling Performance: James Anderson againt Pak
Best Team: England
Best New Cricketer: lol, no idea:p
x----x

ODI Matches-
Best Batsman: Hashim Amla
Best Bowler: not sure:D
Best Batting Performance: Sachin's 200
Best Bowling Performance: idk:D
Best Team: Saf???
Best New Cricketer: Colin Ingram (he did well)
x----x

Miscellaneous-
Best Fielder: Monty Panesar (jks:D) no idea:p
Most Improved Cricketer: dunno:p
Catch of the Year: Dav Huss' catch in the IPL:p
The Most Shocking Upset of the Year: Australia winning a test:eek:

9 smileys used :p. lol that was the 10th

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Probably because there has been other more notable performances such as Tendulkar, Amla, Kallis, De Villiers and even Laxman.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Probably because there has been other more notable performances such as Tendulkar, Amla, Kallis, De Villiers and even Laxman.
He is the second highest run scorer of the year and has the highest number of 50+ innings. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread