The Cricketing Legends.

tech.007

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well I see in this forum a lot of discussion on lots of former cricketers but hardly any body talks of the Great Legendary Cricketers of India like Sunil Gavaskar or Kapil Dev or Chandrasekhar or Hazare or Pataudi or E A S Prasanna or Vijay Merchant Farokh Engineer .......This were the heroes Of Free India.The time at which these cricketer played for India Sports culture was in development.People used to listen whole match coverage on Radios(TV came later in India).Whole Country used to see whether we won or not..such was the passion...........Bishen Singh Bedi was the best spinner of his time...

Last edited:
Well you may've got some posts on them if people in that time would've got Internet at their homes.

well only 2 of those legends fit in with the legends of the other countries.

Kapil Dev would be in the top 5 all-rounders all time, but he would be behind Sobers, Botham, Miller and Akram for me.

Hadlee was more of an allrounder than Akram - he's really a bowler who can bat a bit, in the mould of a Ray Lindwall, Shane Warne or Alan Davidson. Also, Aubrey Faulkner and Jacques Kallis both have a place on that list, near or ahead of Kapil Dev, great those he was.

Hazare and Engineer need not feel ashamed amongst the greats from any nations or any time.

Indian Greats

Well my top Indian Players would be Gavaskar and Tendulkar as 2 outstanding batsmen.Bowlers Kumble,Chandra and Bishen Bedi all of them superb cricketers.

Kapil Dev would be in the top 5 all-rounders all time, but he would be behind Sobers, Botham, Miller and Akram for me.
What the? While I agree with the first 4, Akram as allrounder? Might have mistaken with Imran Khan. And Kallis is ridiculously underrated. He is right up there with the top 5 or 6.

Users who are viewing this thread