Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
bcci-logo1.gif
southafrica.jpg

India VS South Africa
First ODI: Live from Mumbai
Telecasted on PC TV

The stadium is pack, the crowd is set, the players are ready, and here is the toss.

MS Dhoni has the coin. Graeme Smith calls, "Tails"
Tails it is.

Ravi Shastri: You have won the toss Graeme, what have you decided?

Graeme Smith: Well we are going to have a bowl first. The pitch looks a bit wet, due to the early rains, and the low bounce might help our bowlers.

Ravi Shastri: And how is your leg now?

Graeme Smith: Its fine. There was not any serious trouble in it, but it just needed some medication.

Ravi Shastri: And you have visited India after a lot of time now. So are you all set?

Graeme Smith: Yes Ofcourse..!!

Ravi Shastri: Ok mate. Best Of Luck for the match.

horiz_line.png

Ravi Shastri: And MS, you have lost the toss, you would have also bowled first on this wicket!

MS Dhoni: Well Of course. Just as Graeme said. The pitch is a bit wet, so the low bounce will help the bowlers. But as we have our complete Batting strength now, with Yuvraj back, we might just over come this difficulty.

Ravi Shastri: India and South Africa, both are just inches away in the standings, so you would certainly give your best shot at this one.

MS Dhoni: We dont really look at the ratings. We take one game at a time, and try to give our best shot at it.

Ravi Shastri: Well Best Of Luck for the game MS.

So, the news from the centre is that South Africa has one the toss and elected to field first.

The Playing XI

2n85z01.png
1zbtf7c.png

horiz_line.png

horiz_line.png

India Batting

India got off to a flying start. A superb 120 run opening stand between Sachin Tendulkar and Virender Sehwag. Sehwag got out on 47, missing out on a well - deserved half century. Gautam Gambhir then came in and made 18. After the dismissal of Gautam Gambhir, it was a complete MSD show. He scored a brilliant 75 in more than a run - a ball and cruised India to a large total of 330.
MS Dhoni was simply brilliant. He had 17 Boundaries in his 75....!!!

ss20091221115242.png

111611.jpg
111617.jpg

MS Dhoni's Wagon Wheel

ss20091221115639.png

359jout.png

MS Dhoni's Wagon Wheel

South Africa Bowling

The South African bowling was very poor on a pitch that was suitable for bowling. Dale Steyn and Makhaya Ntini were too expensive at the start. Robin Peterson bowled well. He did not pick a wicket but gave runs at an ER of 4.2.
Monde Zondeki was too expensive, but picked up three vital wickets of Dhoni, Yuvraj and Kohli. Jack Kallis too went for plenty. No bowler could have reasonable figures here.

ss20091221115319.png

_41196652_zondeki416.jpg

Monde Zondeki celebrates the wicket of MS Dhoni with Graeme Smith and Herschelle Gibbs

horiz_line.png

South Africa needs 331 Runs to Win in 50 Overs.

horiz_line.png

The winner of the "Predict n' Win" contest for predicitng that will Graeme Smith be able to play in the first ODI is HarishanV.
He has a won a prize of 10,000 Vcash.

horiz_line.png

2qbres7.jpg

Who will be the top scorer in the South African Innings?
The member to predict it correctly will be receiving a prize of 10,000 Vcash.

Gary123

School Cricketer
Nice total by the Indians.
Good work Abhi with the update.
One suggestion though - Don't resize the scorecards and stuff as it looks out-of-proportion.
My prediction -
AB de Villiers

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Thanks for the vCash. ;)
I'll go Graeme Smith won't play, as well.

EDIT: Woops, I didn't see the second page... :facepalm

Nice presentation, I'll go Graeme Simth.

Last edited:

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Nice total by the Indians.
Good work Abhi with the update.
One suggestion though - Don't resize the scorecards and stuff as it looks out-of-proportion.
My prediction -
AB de Villiers

Thanks a lot mate.
Actually I cannot resize it as I use a software which directly captures and uploads the selected part (dragged by mouse) on the screen.
It keeps the actual resolution, so I dont think I can do much.

But I will try it.

Cheers :thumbs

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
I'll go with de Villiers because he is the best.

I suggest you to go with someone else as Gary has already predicted AB, and if he becomes the highest scorer, even then Gary will only win it. ;)

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors
Nice total by the Indians. I hope SA will get closer to the target with a good batting lineup

good update from the start Abhishek :clap Just one suggestion why don't you post the score card in small resolution ..........:)

Suren bhai's job getting tougher and tougher now next months STOM .............:)

yashwanth kumar added 1 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

@ Predict and win i will go with J.P.Duminy :)

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Nice total by the Indians. I hope SA will get closer to the target with a good batting lineup

good update from the start Abhishek :clap Just one suggestion why don't you post the score card in small resolution ..........:)

Suren bhai's job getting tougher and tougher now next months STOM .............:)

Mate I explained the Scorecard resolution thing before too :)

And thanks for thinking that it deserves to be the SOTM.
Appreciated. ;)

Cheers :thumbs

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Fine. I guess I'll lose then and go for Jacques Kallis. Well done Gary since you will win because you selected the best batsman.

Amiya

Panel of Selectors
No badri in the squad? I am boycoting the story. :laugh
Lol just joking. Good batting by India. 330 is a large total but i expect South Africa to this one because Nehra is in the indian team. Good update.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
bcci-logo1.gif
southafrica.jpg

India VS South Africa
First ODI: Live from Mumbai
Telecasted on PC TV

PART 2

South Africa needs 331 Runs to Win in 50 Overs.

horiz_line.png

South Africa Batting

South Africa too got a nice opening stand of 60 runs between Smith and Gibbs. Gibbs missed out on a half century. AB de Villiers to chipped in well. The South African team could manage a reasonably nice score, thanks to the half century of JP Duminy. His batting was superb, and the timing was sensational. He struck 10 fours and a six in his innings of 51 scoring more than a strike rate of 100....!!!

2zsshkz.png

53796_duminypow.jpg

JP Duminy's Wagon Wheel

ss20091221115639.png

ss20091221115625.png

India Bowling

India bowled pretty well under the given circumstances. Nehra, Yuvraj, Harbhajan and Raina picked 1 wicket each. Praveen Kumar took 3 wickets and shattered the South African Innings. However, he was very expensive, giving away 70 runs in his allotted 10 overs. On the pitch where the bowlers of both the teams were getting hammered, Zaheer Khan stood up and took the challenge. He bowled superbly, conceding just 34 runs in 10 Overs. He could not manage to pick up a wicket tough.

ss20091221115519.png

109564.jpg

Praveen Kumar (l) celebrates the wicket of Herschelle Gibbs

horiz_line.png

India won the Match by 60 Runs

horiz_line.png

The winner of the "Predict n' Win" contest for predicitng that who will be the highest scorer for South Africa in the first ODI is Yashwanth Kumar.
He has a won a prize of 10,000 Vcash.

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors
:banana2 India won good South Africa scored 270 :clap Thanks and :hpraise to ZACK for his outstanding Bowling figures 10 overs for just 34 runs :clap and praveen for crucial breakthroughs

And thanks Yudi for the Vcash good update keep up the good work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread