AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
THE INDIAN BRIGADE's DIARY

BCCI_logo_colour_1_.gif

Introduction

Cricket Is My Religion​

Wish to to hear these four words again and again?
Visit the GOLDEN NATION, India.

One would wonder that what is so special about Cricket in India. Why is the game of cricket hyped more than the National Sport, Hockey.
Is it the players, the fans or the media?

Well, I have no idea about it, but I guess that its the passion of the Indian Cricketers to play for their nation and the Determination of the fans.

Indian Team, the Underdogs of 1983 World Cup, Oops, The Champions of it became extremely famous after that miracle.
The fans had gone mad and the entire universe was shocked.

India then became a nation where every person is mad for the game, does not think about the security to get only the autograph of any Indian Cricketer or simply living his entire life with cricket in some form or the other.

The Cricket Legend, Sachin Tendulkar said that the current batting unit of India (Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh, Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman and Himself) is the strongest India has produced in the past 2 Decades.

The bowling of India is also relatively nice than some other nations, if the spin department is considered.
After the retirement of Anil Kumble, Harbhajan Singh has been leading it supported by Amit Mishra.

The pace attack is lead by Zaheer Khan. Praveen Kumar and Ashish Nehra support him with it, whereas some others like Ishant Sharma, Sreesanth, RP Singh, Irfan Pathan and Sudeep Tyagi also chip in well.

The Indian team looks one of the strongest today.
It has the confidence, the strength and the over-whelming support.

The question now is that can India continue its "Dominance" in World Cricket?

This story will have some of the tournaments of India, perfectly compiled for the readers to read it and enjoy the same.

Lets see whether India Continues To Rule or Not.....

horiz_line.png

----------------------------------------------------------------
South Africa in India (3 ODIs and 2 T20Is)
------------------
Announcements and News: BCCI's Meeting: Telecasting rights given to PC TV - Squads announced for the ODI Series - South Africa Reaches India ; Indians Practice Hard

------------------
On the field:

First ODI, Mumbai: Toss and First Innings (India Batting) - Second Innings (South Africa Batting) - Post Match Presentation Ceremony

Second ODI, Hyderabad: Toss and the pitch report - First 10 overs (First Innings: India Batting - Sehwag: 35*, Raina: 0* - India:47/2)

Credits:
1: Google and Cricinfo for the images

Last edited:

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Too many Team India stories :facepalm. Kinda get confused when I start reading them :p. Only thing I can say you have some serious competition and a standard is set. If you want it to be the best story then you have to have something special

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I would clap hands and enjoy when Nehra, RP & Pathan gets smashed :D Can't believe that they are still in the team. :sarcasm

Good luck to the story :thumbs

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Too many Team India stories :facepalm. Kinda get confused when I start reading them :p. Only thing I can say you have some serious competition and a standard is set. If you want it to be the best story then you have to have something special

Well, I also thought that.
But I finally ended up with India as I cannot even think any other team.
I dont know the reason for that tough :p

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
BCCI's MEETING: South Africa to Tour India for 3 ODIs and 2 T20s

2009_8img02_aug_2009_ind0244b-297x300.jpg

The BCCI Meeting

The BCCI held a meeting to decide the future schedules of Team India. South Africa will be touring India to have an ODI series of 3 Matches and 2 T20 Mathces.
The squads for the same will be announced later and the tournament will commence shortly.

The telecasting rights have been given to PC TV.

The BCCI continues to lack the number of Test Matches in the Indian Schedule :facepalm

doxldd.jpg

horiz_line.png

2qbres7.jpg

Predict the Pace Attack of Team India and the first three to guess it correctly will win 10,000 Vcash each.

Last edited:

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Nice start mate. :)

I guess you will play four bowlers, one being H. Singh.
So Z. Khan, P. Kumar and A. Nehra. ;)

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Cool start mate. Looking forward to the twenty twenty matches:) and after I see it from my lappie, I'll comment on the presentation as from mobile, I cant access images

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Squads announced for the ODI Series

The Squad for the ODI Series was announced.
The squads were quiet predictable, no injuries for either side and the teams look completely strong.

South Africa and India, the two teams fighting to attain supremacy in World Cricket will be giving their best shot.

BCCI_logo_colour_1_.gif

1: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Captain)
2: Virender Sehwag (Vice - Captain)
3: Sachin Tendulkar
4: Gautam Gambhir
5: Yuvraj Singh
6: Virat Kohli
7: Suresh Raina
8: Ravindra Jadeja
9: Yusuf Pathan
10: Zaheer Khan
11: Harbhajan Singh
12: Ashish Nehra
13: Praveen Kumar
14: Pragyan Ojha
15: Dinesh Karthick

southafrica.jpg

1: Graeme Smith (Captain)
2: Johan Botha (Vice - Captain)
3: Hashim Amla
4: Mark Boucher
5: AB de Villiers
6: Jean - Paul Duminy
7: Herschelle Gibbs
8: Jacques Kallis
9: Monde Zondeki
10: Albie Morkel
11: Morne Morkel
12: Makhaya Ntini
13: Wayne Parnell
14: Dale Steyn
15: Robin Peterson

horiz_line.png

407683.html
407686.html

Yusuf Pathan is bought back in the side replacing Ishant Sharma. It seems that Ishant's place in the team is now in serious trouble as other seamers like Sudeep Tyagi and Munaf Patel are also doing well at the Domestic Level and may make their way back in to the squad again.

horiz_line.png

407717.html

It was nice to see Robin Peterson in the squad. He was probably chosen as a Spinner on Indian wicket can do wonders and the Pace attack of South Africa is very strong with the likes of Makhaya Ntini, Dale Steyn and Wayne Parnell.​

Last edited:

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
South Africa Reaches India ; Indians Practice Hard

The South African Cricket Team landed in India today. They were completely confident and looked determined. Graeme Smith had got slipped at the Air Port and had to depart early. The question is that will he be available for the First ODI?

3733cc5bfff6d1.jpg

Graeme Smith leaves early for the Hotel

Rest of the team was fine. The team had some lunch at the Sachin's Restaurant, "Tendulkar's" and then left for their stay at Taj.
South+African+Cricket+Team+Arrive+Perth+Z3aEKvIHSRcl.jpg

Dale Steyn arrives at the Air Port

The first ODI will be played at the CCI, Mumbai.

horiz_line.png

Indians Practice Hard

The Indian team was practising hard at the CCI for the upcoming game. Each member looked completely fine. Yuvraj Singh had a long batting session, whereas Praveen Kumar had the same for bowling. MS Dhoni enjoyed a game of Badminton with Virat Kohli

E327FA603C41783566E9D86D385C6E.jpg

MS Dhoni enjoys a game of Badminton

Virender Sehwag and Suresh Raina did not bat, but chipped in with some bowling to Sachin Tendulkar and Dinesh Karthick respectively.
Sehwag was seen managing the stroke of his willow. Are we going to see another big innings by Viru?

111733.jpg

Virender Sehwag practising his batting skills

Gary Kirsten looked quiet keen on the batting stance of Harbhajan Singh. Bhajji was looking great at the nets and he surely will be an important batting strenght at the lower order for India.

horiz_line.png

Anyways, the winner of the "Predict n' Win" contest for Predicting the Pace Attack of the Indian Squad is CG123.
He will be receiving 10,000 Vcash.

horiz_line.png

2qbres7.jpg

Will Graeme Smith be able to make it to the first ODI at CCI?
The first two to answer correctly will receive a prize of 10,000 Vcash.​

Harishan

Club Cricketer
Good start so far Yudi, keep up the good work.
And for the Predict n' Win I'll say that Graeme Smith will be able to make it to the first ODI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread