NMA's XI
1. :ind: :bat: Sachin Tendulkar (P)
2. :eng: :ar: Ian Botham
7. :saf: :ar: Lance Klusener
8. :ber: :wk: Kwame Tucker (LD)
9. :ber: :bwl: Dwayne Leverock (LD)
10. :ind: :bwl: Narendra Hirwani (LD)
11. :ken: :x: Josephat Ababu (LD)

Lance Klusener. I think he was my first or second pick in the Layer Cake Draft when I initially thought we were building ODI sides?

"He was a revelation in his debut Test, ending with match-winning figures of 8 for 64 against India in Calcutta. He showed glimpses of his big-hitting in the years leading to the 1999 World Cup. His baseball-style backlift and thunderous hitting symbolised the tournament and his heroics nearly took South Africa to the final."

"Contrary to his reputation as an unrefined slogger, set in stone at the 1999 World Cup, Klusener is one of the most skillful players in the game - which makes him one of the most adaptable."

@deleted member

:eng: :bat: Kevin Pietersen
:eng: :ar: Ben Stokes
:eng: :wkb: Jos Buttler
:sri: :wk: Romesh Kaluwitharana
:sco: :ar: Gavin Hamilton
:aus: :ar: Chris Simpson
:ind: :bwl: Srinivas Venkataraghavan

Go big or go home...

Innings: 117
Not Outs: 23
Aggregate: 3843
Highest Score: 150
Average: 40.88
50s: 20
100s: 9
4s: 321
6s: 124
Balls Faced: 3207
Scoring Rate 119.83

@Bevab

:ar::saf:Clive Rice. Would like to do a bigger write-up later but let the draft progress for now.

@ahmedleo414

omg... that was my next pick... i had already written down everything...arghhhhhh

I guess I'll have to go to my next pick... Desmond Haynes

His bio from cricinfo

"Think of him and you see Kensington Oval, sundrenched, and a broad smile as he beat out another century. Happiness pervaded his cricket but it was joy underpinned by a ruthless streak best illustrated by the cynical way in which, on his captaincy debut, he used delaying tactics to deny England a win in Trinidad in 1989-90. You did not become as good as he was by being a softie. His batting possessed a solid muscularity and allround nature to it, and while he was capable of destructive innings, he tended, in opening partnerships anyway, towards acting as counterpoint to Gordon Greenidge's belligerent strokeplay. At his best against pace, like most West Indians, he nonetheless showed the technique and diligence to score 75 and 143 in a rare West Indies defeat on a dustbowl at Sydney in 1988-89."

ODI Stats:
Matches: 238
Runs: 8648
HS: 152*
Ave: 41.37

List A Stats:
Matches: 419
Runs: 15651
HS: 152*
Ave: 42.07

My Team

:eng: :bat: Graham Gooch
:wi: :bat: Desmond Haynes
:aus: :bat: Ricky Ponting
:pak: :ar: Imran Khan
:zim: :ar: Mluleki Nkala
:ber: :bat: James Celestine
:ban: :bwl: Mustafizur Rahman

Just as Desmond batted with Gordon Greenidge, I will have him open with Graham Gooch

@CerealKiller your turn...

I’ll go with New Zealand’s (second?) greatest batsman, the legendary Martin Crowe

CerealKiller’s XI

1. :nzf: :bat: Martin Crowe
2. :eng: :bat: Sam Hain
4. :pak: :bat: Javed Miandad
7. :pak: :ar: Wasim Akram
8. :eng: :wkb: Tim Ambrose
9. :nzf: :ar: John Bracewell
11. :nzf: :bwl: Chris Martin

@El Loco

Sir Gordon Greenidge in as our first opener.

1. :wi: :bat: Gordon Greenidge
4. :saf: :wkb: AB de Villiers
5. :saf: :ar: JP Duminy
6. :eng: :bat: Mike Brearley
7. :zim: :ar: Malcolm Waller
10. :nz: :bwl: Shane Bond
11. :pak: :bwl: Shoaib Akhtar

@Yash.

Users who are viewing this thread