Draft: The Lasagne Draft

With my first and second choices both being rejected, I shall move onto my third choice. Here lies a true all-rounder, one of Australia's finest white ball cricketers despite his infamous DRS referrals, a man who conquered cricket despite his fragile body and on his day, an excellent exponent of reverse swing and powerful strokes.

:aus:Shane Watson will be my first pick and he will open alongside Bairstow as one half of an aggressive and dynamic opening partnership. With the ball, Watson was a very capable option and while his body eventually took a toll on the amount and effectiveness of overs he could bowl, at his peak he was good enough to be in the side as either batsman or bowler. He shall bowl a minimum of seven overs at the very least in my side and will often complete his quota.

@ahmedleo414

My very first goes to one Mr. Graham Alan Gooch

His bio from Cricinfo

"Graham Gooch was the most prolific run scorer top-class cricket has ever seen. After he retired in 1997, the statistician Robert Brooke calculated that he had scored 22,211 runs in List A cricket which, added to his 44,846 first-class runs, put him ahead of Jack Hobbs. It was an amazing achievement, especially for a man who gave the impression that he was constantly on the brink of walking out in disgust."

ODI Stats:
Matches: 125
Runs: 4290
HS: 142
Ave: 36.98

List A Stats:
Matches: 581
Runs: 22211
HS: 198*
Ave: 40.16

My Team

:eng: :bat: Graham Gooch
:aus: :bat: Ricky Ponting
:pak: :ar: Imran Khan
:zim: :ar: Mluleki Nkala
:ber: :bat: James Celestine
:ban: :bwl: Mustafizur Rahman

I am still trying to work out the batting order but rest assured that Garham will be at the top of the order

@CerealKiller your turn...

Last edited:
I pick Javed Miandad, a man who mastered the art of accumulating runs in the middle overs without hitting too many boundaries. Averaged 41 in 233 ODIs

CerealKiller’s XI
2. :eng: :bat: Sam Hain
4. :pak: :bat: Javed Miandad
7. :pak: :ar: Wasim Akram
8. :eng: :wkb: Tim Ambrose
9. :nzf: :ar: John Bracewell
11. :nzf: :bwl: Chris Martin

@El Loco

New Zealand's best ever pace bowler behind Hadlee, none other than Shane Bond.

4. :saf: :wkb: AB de Villiers
5. :saf: :ar: JP Duminy
6. :eng: :bat: Mike Brearley
7. :zim: :ar: Malcolm Waller
10. :nz: :bwl: Shane Bond
11. :pak: :bwl: Shoaib Akhtar[DOUBLEPOST=1585618084][/DOUBLEPOST]@Yash.

The South African Pace battery Alan Donald

His stats of 272 ODI wickets at 21.86 say it all. A really great pacer.

Mike-Procter.jpg

My pick is :saf: :ar: Mike Procter

List A stats
: 6,624 runs @ 27.94 (5 centuries, best 154*) and 344 wickets @ 18.76 (7 5WI, best 6/13) in 271 matches

Once the rejected list was in, Procter was always going to be my first pick. I kinda hoped he'd go to @Na Maloom Afraad but expected him to get picked up by @blockerdave - yet somehow I've got lucky enough that he's still available to be the tenth overall pick. Although his List A average doesn't exactly show it - as a result of batting in the lower middle order - Mike Procter was a gifted enough batsman to score six centuries in consecutive first-class innings. But batting was his weaker suit. He was also an all-time great fast bowler, whose unique around the wicket angle proved devastating on so many occasions.

@Aislabie 's XI so far:
3. :ind: :wkb: Rahul Dravid (L)
5. :ned: :ar: Ryan ten Doeschate (L)
6. :eng: :ar: Andrew Flintoff (P)
7. :saf: :ar: Mike Procter
10. :pak: :bwl: Waqar Younis (L)
11. :zim: :bwl: Pommie Mbangwa (L)

@Na Maloom Afraad up next

Mike-Procter.jpg

My pick is :saf: :ar: Mike Procter

List A stats
: 6,624 runs @ 27.94 (5 centuries, best 154*) and 344 wickets @ 18.76 (7 5WI, best 6/13) in 271 matches

Once the rejected list was in, Procter was always going to be my first pick. I kinda hoped he'd go to @Na Maloom Afraad but expected him to get picked up by @blockerdave - yet somehow I've got lucky enough that he's still available to be the tenth overall pick. Although his List A average doesn't exactly show it - as a result of batting in the lower middle order - Mike Procter was a gifted enough batsman to score six centuries in consecutive first-class innings. But batting was his weaker suit. He was also an all-time great fast bowler, whose unique around the wicket angle proved devastating on so many occasions.

@Aislabie 's XI so far:
3. :ind: :wkb: Rahul Dravid (L)
5. :ned: :ar: Ryan ten Doeschate (L)
6. :eng: :ar: Andrew Flintoff (P)
7. :saf: :ar: Mike Procter
10. :pak: :bwl: Waqar Younis (L)
11. :zim: :bwl: Pommie Mbangwa (L)

@Na Maloom Afraad up next

top pick. huge miss by me especially as i've been thinking of an express pace, decent batting option.

I kinda hoped he'd go to @Na Maloom Afraad
Cheers man, but I couldn't ever have picked him if you gave me a thousand chances!

I had heard of him (only because of VC's LAB) but he was way off my radar. Maybe you guys give me far more credit than I deserve, because I really don't know as much about old players like some of you (Especially you, Aislabie) do. :p

Will get my next pick down in a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread