The "Manchester United are a bit rubbish now" thread

P Squared

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Two eminent persons in the club need to share the same vision. Obviously the DoF would need to know what kind of players his manager wants/needs, and would look towards its fulfillment. You can't have one person wanting defenders, and the other wanting attacking midfielders.

That is rarely ever the case, like I said before, look at Spurs, AVB didnt want any of those players.

Look at newcastle, they managed to sign pretty good players like Cabaye, Debuchyetc on absolute bargains before they got a DoF. After the DoF's appointment though(which was last season) they havent been able to sign anyone on a permanent transfer, maybe Pardew was doing a better job pitching his vision to the players? Maybe difference of opinion b\w them, leading to no conviction at all in the transfer market?

Having a DoF also means the manager will not be held responsible for transfers, which sort of defeats part of his purpose really, as a manager is supposed to be responsible for everything football related at a club.

Last edited:

Abhas

Retired Administrator
I'm not too confident on how Moyes can perform in the transfer market, now that his team are not in the champions league.
Tell me, which Everton player Moyes bought in would you want to see in utd, or who can turn their fortune around?

P Squared

International Coach
Leighton Baines, Seamus Coleman for starters. They are 10 times better than any full back we have.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
I may sound completely anti Moyes, but the fact is, I've never been a fan of his. I did have a lot of respect for Ferguson, so it's nothing to do with them being Liverpool rivals.

P Squared

International Coach
And I've already said that I want Moyes out, but reading about some of the work he's done behind the scenes, maybe he deserves a fairer shot at it. Maybe.

He needs to grow some balls and drop the underperforming big name players though. If he does that then maybe I'll start to believe in him a bit.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
He needs to grow some balls and drop the underperforming big name players though.
And replace them with?
Pretty much all the players in your squad are big name, and at the moment, under performing.
I agree with you though.
I don't know about your youth squad.. Anyone who could possibly be nurtured into the first xi? If he can develop some of the youngsters, that'd be the best achievement of the season.

----------

The main reason we're able to sustain our position in the league is the rise of the academy players.. Sterling, Flanagan, Kelly, Ibe, Robinson etc. Saved us a lot of money, gave us the bench strength, and additional options for the manager. Not to forget Suso, who'll be back from loan next season.
This seems to me the best time to bring the youngsters in.. At least they would have something for the future.

P Squared

International Coach
Lingard, michael keane, will keane,ben pearson are some of the players who I think can make it from the youth team.

I'd like to see something like this till the end of the season-

rooney
januzaj mata lingard(recall him from loan)
carrick fellaini
buttner jones evans rafael(for lack of a better option)

de gea

----------

Oh and nick powell is another good young player too.

khaleel

Club Captain
Lingard, michael keane, will keane,ben pearson are some of the players who I think can make it from the youth team.

[/COLOR]Oh and nick powell is another good young player too.

Ah, how I wished Lingard or Will would break into the first team this year. Plus, there is Henriquez too, but he isn't back until the end of the season I guess.

----------

I'd like to see something like this till the end of the season-

rooney
januzaj mata lingard(recall him from loan)
carrick fellaini
buttner jones evans rafael(for lack of a better option)

de gea

Maybe Nani could start. Or atleast he deserves more chances. And Kagawa too. Just my opinion. :thumbs

P Squared

International Coach
He has also been playing like crap for large parts of the season(which is why I think stats lie because Rooney has been way better) and he publicly questioned Moyes' tactics(his tactics were crap, but players aren't supposed to do that), he also said that his team-mates are tactically inept(as if he isnt). I'd sell him in the summer, he doesnt look arsed.

khaleel

Club Captain
Leading scorer or not, you can't deny the fact that he whined about his team, and as everyone at the club believes (or at least used to), no player is bigger than the club. So it will be justified to drop him just to show him his place. Also, he has not been in rather terrific form. Just like PS mentioned, Rooney is playing way better than him. Maybe give Chicharito/ Kagawa a chance?

khaleel

Club Captain
Welbeck was in a decent run of form when Rooney/ RvP were injured, but that was more than a month ago. Pretty much harmless to go give them a chance even if they are played in the same match.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
The real question seems to be how did Fergie extract so much from what is increasingly looking like a mediocre squad. Any manager coming in would have to make big changes so I think that Moyes has to be given the chance to do so first.
Of course where Utd really missed a trick was in not appointing the Special One...

khaleel

Club Captain
Mourinho had said he would go to Chelsea if he were to return to BPL. Before that, everyone was backing him to be the first choice. Of course, some United fans (including myself) believe that Moyes has to be given a chance to get the players he wants and change our playing style, but there are huge clouds of doubt over the amount of success he can gain from them.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Too many sources to be ignored said that Mourinho wanted the Man U job and would have taken it over Chelsea.

khaleel

Club Captain
Yes, but then finally he said he would go to Chelsea, Sir Alex chose Moyes and now United have to stick with him. Media overhype IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread