International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
That's not it. Katy Perry will also perform in the opening ceremony! :D

Oh Yeah.:D " I kissed a girl. I liked it" :p

showbiz_main_katy_perry_generic.jpg

teamindia

Club Cricketer
Amitabh and the girl are no one in Chennai. Expect empty stadium. Should have called Rajinikanth :D

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Amitabh and the girl are no one in Chennai. Expect empty stadium. Should have called Rajinikanth :D

You're wrong. Dont know about the girl, but Amitabh Bachchan is very well known in Chennai. He is known as a superstar actor of Bollywood itself, apart from being known as Rajnikanth's friend and also Aishwarya Rai's father in law. Bollywood movies have a pretty good following out there in Chennai. SRK, Aamir's films all take as big openings as a Tamil superstar film, in Chennai. The only place where the Tamil superstars have advantage is the rural areas of Tamil Nadu where Bollywood actors are pretty much unknown.

Also Chennai must be craving for games now. Apart from the IPL, there has almost been no games at Chennai in the last year. Also being the ground of the team that has won the IPL twice and being defending champions, I think the ground will easily fill up even if no celebrity came for the ceremony.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Amitabh Bachchan is considered a superstar in all parts of the nation whereas Rajnikanth is famous mostly in southern India. Pretty sure that Amitabh, Salman, Priyanka and Katy will make the stadium jam-pack.

What IPL needs is TRP, and Amitabh can get them that and not Rajnikanth. So I feel that it's a good decision to get Amitabh.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Amitabh Bachchan is considered a superstar in all parts of the nation whereas Rajnikanth is famous mostly in southern India. Pretty sure that Amitabh, Salman, Priyanka and Katy will make the stadium jam-pack.

What IPL needs is TRP, and Amitabh can get them that and not Rajnikanth. So I feel that it's a good decision to get Amitabh.

Yes agree. Rajnikanth primarily acts in Tamil films, while Amitabh acts in Hindi language films, with a wider fanbase due to more no. of people speaking the language. And now, Rajnikanth is slowly eating into Bollywood territory with his Tamil (subtitled) films releasing in India.

Salman and Priyanka are nobody in chennai. They won't get as much attention there. And we are talking abt the chennai audience where the opening ceremOny will be held. And reg. TRP's, a very rarely public appearing Rajnikanth who also does one movie every 2 years, will get better TRP than a frequently public appearing Amitabh who also tweets and does more films in a year than his no. Of fingers.

----------

This time, I wish Chennai doesn't win the IPL. It would be really boring to see one team lift the cup three times in a row. For a change, this time I am not supporting CSK (for its own and IPL's good).:D

Last edited:

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
And reg. TRP's, a very rarely public appearing Rajnikanth who also does one movie every 2 years, will get better TRP than a frequently public appearing Amitabh who also tweets and does more films in a year than his no. Of fingers.
Half of North India may even fail to recognize Rajnikanth! Most of them have heard the name but don't know him by face. :)

teamindia

Club Cricketer
Half of North India may even fail to recognize Rajnikanth! Most of them have heard the name but don't know him by face. :)

They would recognize the Robot that acted with Aishwarya :D:D

jacobfelix

International Coach
Hopefully they bring Poonam Pandey for the opening ceremony. :D Dont forget....she's been doing so much for Indian cricket :p for the past one year....

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Poonam Pandey has been named the BCCI's mascot- when the Indian team is down and out, she will help them get it up :p

Amitabh Bachan and the IPL just dont seem to connect. It would be better if they get in someone younger, more enjoyable, more fun for the IPL.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Poonam Pandey has been named the BCCI's mascot- when the Indian team is down and out, she will help them get it up :p

Amitabh Bachan and the IPL just dont seem to connect. It would be better if they get in someone younger, more enjoyable, more fun for the IPL.

True! I think Dhanush would have been a better bet. Many people in the North now know him as the 'Kolaveri DI' star and this Kolaveri phenomenon is still fresh in people's minds, and also in Chennai (the venue of this ceremony), he is a superstar by himself (without even bringing in the Rajnikanth's son-in-law factor).

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
TRP? Bring in Sunny Leone and then see the crowd go wild in a jam packed stadium!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
TRP? Bring in Sunny Leone and then see the crowd go wild in a jam packed stadium!

Who is Sunny Leone (not being sarcastic, I am serious)? And what does TRP have to do with the crowd in the stadium? TRP's are through the TV audience.

I am pretty sure Chennai doesn't know who Sunny Leone is.

jacobfelix

International Coach
Oh! Just stop talking about Poonam Pandey, Sunny Leone, Lucy Pinder, Michelle Marsh in this thread. An innocent guy like me :D is getting embarassed about such talks. :p
By the way, who was that idiot :mad who brought in Poonam Pandey into this thread..... :p

Users who are viewing this thread