Kaun Banega Crorepati 4 (Who Wants to be a Millionaire)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The rightful host of the highly successful show returns to the seat that he used to occupy and that he used to be so popularly associated with. Amitabh Bachchan is back as the anchor of 'Kaun Banega Crorepati 4' which will start airing from October 11th, Monday through Thursday at 9pm on Sony Entertainment Television. Amitabh takes over the post from Shahrukh Khan who had hosted KBC 3 (as it is shortly known). Amitabh hosted KBC 1 and KBC 2 which were extremely successful.

Starts October 11, Monday through Thursday - 9pm on Sony Entertainment Television

kaunbanegacrorepati4.jpg

History of Kaun Banega Crorepati

The fourth season (KBC4) will again be hosted by Amitabh Bachchan and will go on air from October 11, 2010, on Bachchan's birthday. According to online news sources, over five million (50 Lakh) people are reported to have participated in 'KBC 4' auditions. The prize money has been increased to Rs 5 crores (slightly more than $1 million USD) in the fourth season of the show

Excited to have Amitabh Bachchan back as the host of the show! The aura and the image surrounding Amitabh Bachchan was a major reason for the success of the show, and also the ladies and the older people at homes are big fans of him and they connected better with the show due to him being the host. I guess its going to be back to those old days with Mr. Bachchan taking control of the show with which he bounced back after a bad period.

Last edited:

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Woooo... KBC is back:D.
Its not just entertainment, the perfect source for general knowledge upto some extent:).

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Woooo... KBC is back:D.
Its not just entertainment, the perfect source for general knowledge upto some extent:).

I agree. After finishing dinner, its the perfect time for the family to sit together and answer the questions and play along with the participant. Also the host needs to give you the sense that he is in control of the show and should be good with his humor and should appeal to a wide set of audiences. Amitabh Bachchan ticks most of the boxes better than anyone else. He is the Don, the original!

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Desperately waiting for this show, 9PM was all reserved for KBC, fearsome tweak daily soaps :D

No one can beat BigB with his uniqueness and style! what a soft spoken guy :hpraise

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Desperately waiting for this show, 9PM was all reserved for KBC, fling daily soaps :D

No one can beat BigB with his uniqueness and style! what a soft spoken guy :hpraise

Its great that Sony TV grabbed the rights to telecast this show for Season 4. Had it been Star Plus, I would not have been able to watch it as I dont have the channel. Also Sony TV is the more popular Bollywood mainstream channel (it has had hit shows like Indian Idol, etc) and so lot of eyeballs will come for KBC 4.

I have set my time after 9pm (M-TH) from Oct 11 for KBC only. Till now had dinner after 9pm. From now on, I will have dinner earlier or while watching KBC with family. It will be fun.:banana2

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Sony TV is nowhere near the top ranked TV channel. Some have even started to call it CID channel. :p

Had it been Anil Kapoor I would have watched it.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I've only watched some episoded of KBC when Shah Rukh Khan was hosting it. Then I found out on internet that Amitabh Bachan was the original host.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Shahrukh was good. He got involved with audience and used to gift participants watches etc.

AB is just too old and everyone just says we are big fan and he will say poems. Boring.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Shahrukh was good. He got involved with audience and used to gift participants watches etc.

AB is just too old and everyone just says we are big fan and he will say poems. Boring.

his fathers poems to be more precise. :p

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I am guessing millions of people want to join this show. So it would be pretty difficult to be even in the audience.

Users who are viewing this thread