The Pakistan Situation

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
A lot of people have been saying that Bob Woolmer has changed the team. Well guys tell me, what did he exactly do? He solved none of our problems, and broke most promises.

After the previous world cup, he said that he would get players out of our U-19 team and start building them. He didn't. Instead players have been chopped considerably, and under pressure they have all failed. A few promising starts which could have solved our problems. Salman Butt, so young yet we take him out right away and throw him out of the line-up. Imran Farhat, okay sure the guy had a bad technique but he got runs. They should have at least been included in the squad as a back-up.

But let's be positive. Let's forget the past and start with the future. Bring in those under 19 lads, sharpen them up. The likes of Anwar Ali, Jamshaid Ahmed*, Akthar Ayub, and Fawad Alam. They deserve their chance, and for once let's stick with 2-3 openers for 4 years. What do say guys? Let's get behind these lads and hope that we can find some talent, and always have 2nd options. Hopefully the next years will be better than this year. :upray

Last edited:
I think its a case of bringing players into international cricket at too young an age.

A side like Australia doesn't pick 19 or 20 year olds unless they have proved themselves in domestic cricket over a number of years. Bringing a young guy in and seeing them fail does nothing for their confidence or their development.

In addition to that, Pakistan haven't failed because of Woolmer, they have failed because they don't have the temprement to play on pitches offering something for the bowlers.

Where the selectors and Woolmer fall down, though, is the treatment of some players. Yasir Hameed is a huge example of that.

The Mongrel said:
I think its a case of bringing players into international cricket at too young an age.

A side like Australia doesn't pick 19 or 20 year olds unless they have proved themselves in domestic cricket over a number of years. Bringing a young guy in and seeing them fail does nothing for their confidence or their development.
I have to agree with this. Jamshed Ahmed (not Junaid Jamshed :p) and Anwar Ali have been hailed as the saviors since the U-19 WC final. The fact is that the pressure of international cricket might ruin their careers as soon as it takes off. I understand that players like Wasim made their debut very early and were successful, but that doesn't change the fact that it was risky business, not to mention the schedules are a lot more demanding than they were back then.

I say give them a couple of years to mature, and then see how they go.

Also, Pakistan change their eleven all the time. That must be confusing for the players. I mean one game we see Afridi, next we don't. We see Kaneria, then we don't. They need to build a solid team of 11 players who they will use.

All the contriversy with drugs and all these reports of bad vibes in the team can't help them much either.

Woolmer has not been given an open hand to work the way he wanted to. I don't think whats going on is his fault in any way.

You guys have inspired me to start another thread for India.
What exactly has Greg Chappell done too ?

I believe that foreign coaches are spoiling are teams.
They do not understand the players,let alone their sentiments.Not to forget the language bias too.

Yes, and Anwar Ali would have proved to be a handful here,especially with his banana-swingers.

Mark my words,our teams will have their own countryment coaching them after the world cup.

Sahil, there is nothing wrong with using foreign coaches, as long as you let them do what they want. In fact, I prefer foreign coaches. They bring in a different perspective.

The Coaches are not fully to blame for the losses. The batsmen didn't perform in either case. They didn't knuckle down. They played silly cricket.

Maybe both sides were complacent about it. India also fall under the eleven changing thing. Every game they make changes. It doesn't seem settled. We had that young Utthapps guy smashing quick 50's and stuff the series before the World Cup and they go and put him at 3 and bring Sehwag back in. They play Kumble, and take Harbijan in favour of him? Some of the selections of these teams don't make much sense. I guess the coach is to blame for that.

Yes,Usman,they do bring in a different perspective.
But,there has to be a scapegoat and sadly,thats always the captain or the coach.

I'm not totally against it.
But can someone tell me,what exactly is the job of a coach ?
*Do the players at the international level actually need coaching ?I prefer to look upon the coaches as master tactitians actually who call the shots on team selections and final compositions

Coaching is very important, even though most coaches around the world in their times weren't real prolific and high profile players they still have an excellent knowledge of the game. An example is Troy Cooley as he revolutionised the art of reverse swing and improved England's bowling two fold. Also coaching can discipline a team, if there is no coach in the team than basically the team can do whatever they like and get away with it.

its selectors, coaches, captain and the doping scandal that have done Pakistan inn. expect some biig changes for Pakistan and hopefully the resignation of Inzamam as captain.

i think after worldcup that pakistan cricket board organise one camp,where they bring 50 players from all over country and trained them with legends like zaheer abbas,hanif mohammed and sarfraz nawaz for atleast 5 months.

shery_rsa said:
i think after worldcup that pakistan cricket board organise one camp,where they bring 50 players from all over country and trained them with legends like zaheer abbas,hanif mohammed and sarfraz nawaz for atleast 5 months.
And then they will insult those legends.How many times they will insult Zaheer Abbas?

I heard that the Pakistani team is not coming home after the WC.
It seems half the team is going to England whereas the rest will go to UAE.
Thats what Kapil Dev was saying on Times Now.

iceman_waugh said:
I heard that the Pakistani team is not coming home after the WC.
It seems half the team is going to England whereas the rest will go to UAE.
Thats what Kapil Dev was saying on Times Now.
The same thing can happen with us also.:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread