The Pakistan Situation

Was Graeme Smith's place fixed in the team when he took over Sa in 2003 ?
The time has come for some drastic decisions,and I believe if the sub-conto boards take such decisions,they'll be favorable.I'm am of the view that Kaarthik captains India and either of the above mentioned two,captain Pakistan.

iceman_waugh said:
Was Graeme Smith's place fixed in the team when he took over Sa in 2003 ?
The time has come for some drastic decisions,and I believe if the sub-conto boards take such decisions,they'll be favorable.I'm am of the view that Kaarthik captains India and either of the above mentioned two,captain Pakistan.

Well, they're not going to pick someone who hasn't been in the team in the last year to be captain

That is expected,but he'll make a good skipper.
I think he led Pak A once in a tournament.But,Malik would the a good choice for the ODI's,about the Tests-well I dunno,maybe go in for Akthar[if he can worm his way back that is]

I believe Malik will make a good captain. Young and new ideas

The thing that we ppl lack in the sub-continent is authority.
The captain,I believe remains a titular head,with the respective boards exercising power.The leader selected should be authoritative and must have command over his subjects.Well Inzi never showed any of those characteristics.

Salman Butt has been terrific in the Domestic Season, and I believe has led the Pakistan A and his domestic side. He should be brought back, but not as captain though :p

The reason I don't think Butt should be captain is he doesn't know what goes on behind the doors, mainly because he's never in the team

Will_NA said:
The reason I don't think Butt should be captain is he doesn't know what goes on behind the doors, mainly because he's never in the team
Yet his name's being thrown around for captaincy around thee board members from what I hear. I think it would be a mistake to give him even the vice captaincy with more experienced players wanting it.

Bump,

Mohammad Asif gets to be Vice Captain, plus we have 2 new faces in the team. Should be interesting to see if the much talked about Najaf Shah is as good as he is said to be. I remember him going to a lot of training camps..

Horrible desicion IMO.
A doper/inexperianced dude with VC. Crap decision. Poopy.
Younis Khan or MoYo?
I'm sorry thats a retarded choice

Younis Khan is retarded.. Asif has a great personality, and still has plenty of time to build up a solid career. Look at Warne, he doped, and he is still a legend.

I reckon youse get Gambino in there with absolutely no protection and get him batting in a nets session against Shoaib Akhtar. :D

Users who are viewing this thread