The Quitters / Disconnections Problem

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
Right, this is a big problem, that will kill this game online.

I think the purpose of this thread should be to propose recommendations to fix the problem as a community - IE, we all agree on the same recommendations that Codemasters should implement in a patch (in a patch that also makes Umar Akmal a right hander, please).

However, by that same token we must take into account the concerns of Codemasters as well, and what they would like to see, and come up with a compromise.

My recommendations on a personal level are this:

? Remove the boundary disconnection problem (Step 1)

? For the quitters, some function must be input in order to maintain the integrity of the leaderboards and the game in itself. However, we must also account for the connection issues as well, which are, as much as we would like to deny it, a genuine concern.

My proposal is this: A game which has gone into the second innings (as in, one ball of the second innings has been bowled) constitutes a game. I believe (and hopefully we can get testimonies on PC to support this) that most genuine connection problems occur in the first innings, usually in the first few overs of the innings.

If such a connection / electricity (subcontinent) problem occurs in the second innings, then well, that's bad luck. In the event of a disconnection, the person disconnected is awarded a loss, while the other is awarded a win.

If both players disconnect (example - boundary bug) then either both players are awarded a win, or both are awarded a loss. However, if the boundary bug is corrected, then this should not be an issue.

? The sportsmanship rating needs to go. It means zilch because I've been disconnected from many games due to the boundary bug, and I haven't lost any sportsmanship rating. How do I know that the people on the other end aren't just pulling the plug to maintain a sportsmanship rating?

Instead, what I think should replace it, is a games completed percent. This will allow users to best judge who they want to play. Obviously somebody who does not have a 100% shouldn't be shunned because he may have had genuine problems, but a 45% completion rate is a bit worrying.

? The option to boot players from a game should be enabled, as it was on the PC version of AC09 (possibly on the 360 and PS3 as well, I'm not sure). If a player with a poor sportsmanship rating comes into my room, I'm not going to play him. It's just that simple - why should I bat for 10 overs only for him to quit in the 3rd over of his innings, and not get ANY credit for it at all. Although at this point I can live with just quitting the game and making a new one, so this isn't exactly a major issue.

Anyway, these are my proposals. Hopefully we as a community can together find a solution to this problem, as I believe we are a large lobby in Cricket gaming. If anyone has any additions, amendments, or recommendations, please say so, and if it has enough approval (and doesn't conflict with anything already written), then I'll add it.

If something does conflict, then we will have to appropriately debate it and come to a final conclusion to what is best for the game.

Of course, this could all be to absoltue no avail at all, if Codemasters decides to not do anything about it. But we do have to try and find out, as I think it will be easier for them to make a decision if we have the support of the entire community, and not everybody giving their own individual views which may conflict with each other.

Good points but Codemaster dont listen.
Hmm. We could always push for a class action lawsuit (I don't know if that could be done in the UK Judiciary system) for giving us a faulty product - but not go through with the lawsuit, as a patch would be easier than dealing with that.

Therefore forcing the release of a patch.

Last edited:
Thats pish my sportsmanship rating is down to 3/5 balls and i aint quit once all disconnects and i get punished makes me look bad. codies u suck.

Hows that even possible? Insomniac has had close to 10 discons and he is rated 5 stars.

Easily more than 10 disconnections (not my or my connections fault) so I'm not sure how you have a 3 star rating. Honestly I've only seen like two 3-star players so far, so idk how you're losing sportsmanship rating.

The only way people lose sportsmanship is by hitting "start" and then "quit"

If you just discon the ethernet cable or turn off the ps3 from the back, it does not count against you. At least that is what I have been told

The only way people lose sportsmanship is by hitting "start" and then "quit"

If you just discon the ethernet cable or turn off the ps3 from the back, it does not count against you. At least that is what I have been told
That's what I think - I mean I've seen the same people who have disconnect on me with 5 star rating in the lobby, so either they haven't quit enough, or it doesn't count against them.

Well i have never hit start then quit so the game is messed up.

Good points but Codemaster dont listen.

When are you going to come up with any ideas of your own, Punjab? You can't, because you are a non-thinker. You need to start adding beef to your curries, as your brain seriously lacks nutrients.

Perhaps you should alert local Australian authorities that a Punjabi Killer is in the vicinity.

When are you going to come up with any ideas of your own, Punjab? You can't, because you are a non-thinker. You need to start adding beef to your curries, as your brain seriously lacks nutrients.

I don't know who that Punjab guy is but that statement of yours is a more general one. I could put a good response along the same lines but then that would make me no different.

Had couple of disconnections today with lofted shot bug

Kind of found out where the bug is. If you can stop yourself playing the lofted shot over mid on and can stop the other guy playing that shot then you will probably have no d/c otherwise the bug happens usually playing against Asian/Aus people

I have got a possible solution to the disconnection after playing a lofted shot.

I played the game straight away and I got the problem.
When I played a fifa 10 online match and then played the game online it gave me absolutely no connection drops. I tried it 3-4 times and it worked, when I restarted the modem and again when I tried to play IC2010 without playing an online fifa 10 match- I got the same problem. So I again tried with the fifa online match method with the same guy and it worked flawlessly.
I suggest you guys to try this thing with fifa 10, if you don't have fifa 10 then try it with any other game. I think it will work for you all. Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread