The Quitters / Disconnections Problem

Wow, Id never let that guy step foot on my property, let alone give him the time of day. I can't stand people who look like that, he looks like a flinging clown

Yeah, and check out the label on the bottle he's holding :laugh

I think it's just not lofting..... I guess it's more to do with some sort of algorithm that maintains a run rate.... for eg no 36RPO may be based on the pitch they have some logic to restrict run rates and when all these logics screw and when a person come off the loop hole to score more runs the whole logic gets thrown causing the game to crash... In offline mode this is not the case as the logic of AI is what the logics determined.. in online though there are 1000s of changes ... I may sound really stupid but it was just my thoughts...

I think it's just not lofting..... I guess it's more to do with some sort of algorithm that maintains a run rate.... for eg no 36RPO may be based on the pitch they have some logic to restrict run rates and when all these logics screw and when a person come off the loop hole to score more runs the whole logic gets thrown causing the game to crash... In offline mode this is not the case as the logic of AI is what the logics determined.. in online though there are 1000s of changes ... I may sound really stupid but it was just my thoughts...

Cant be the case as many a times the game crashes in the first over only with a boundary of the 3-4th ball of the game.. also its not just lofted shots (though mostly lofted shots) when the crash occurs ...have had crashes with the ball been hit for 4 along the ground too

If anybody didn't get a PM from me, and wants one, then let me know. It may or may not interest you.

Good job Insomniac.. very detailed and well drafted mail.. just hope codemasters take note of it and act :upray

I have got a possible solution to the disconnection after playing a lofted shot.

I played the game straight away and I got the problem.
When I played a fifa 10 online match and then played the game online it gave me absolutely no connection drops. I tried it 3-4 times and it worked, when I restarted the modem and again when I tried to play IC2010 without playing an online fifa 10 match- I got the same problem. So I again tried with the fifa online match method with the same guy and it worked flawlessly.
I suggest you guys to try this thing with fifa 10, if you don't have fifa 10 then try it with any other game. I think it will work for you all. Cheers

Gotta love the idea of an EA game helping a Codies game.
To buy or not to buy, that is the question.

WHAT THE HELL?

Codemasters said:
Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning International Cricket 2010.

Can you provide full details of your internet connection so that we can investigate further?
a) What hardware is used to connect - e.g. router, modem etc?
b) Do you connect via wires or wireless?
c) What is your connection type - cable, DSL, dial-up etc?
d) Your upload and download speeds?
e) Your Internet Service Provider? (Wanadoo, Virgin, NTL, etc)
f) The country you are trying to connect from?
i) Your IP address? (This can be obtained from What Is My IP Address - Shows Your IP Address)

If you need further assistance, please reply to this email and INCLUDE THIS LINE IN YOUR REPLY:- {|CALLID|}=0000000 Or include the entire text of this email. Kind regardsDominicCodemasters Customer Services

First of all, I am not giving them my legit IP Address. That is out of question right now. They don't need it. Secondly, what does my ISP have anything to do with it? Third, I thought we established that the issue was on their part, and not ours. Instead of responding to my e-mail, you sent me this pile of BS?

My internet connection has nothing to do with it you dimwits. It's your game.

Insomniac added 4 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

I still can't believe they sent me this pile of bullcrap. I really can't. This is utterly and truly beyond me. Do they think I'm retarded? Ok, I can see router / modem being a decent question, ok maybe the ethernet v wireless is ok, alright maybe the download and upload speeds, but then explain to me WHAT THE fearsome tweak are they going to do with my ISP (which is not going to be anything they know jack about, since I live in another country), The country I'm from (yeah, blame it on the connection again, asswipes), and then they have the audacity to ask for my IP Address.

Again, WHAT THE fearsome tweak? This e-mail is almost an insult to me.

WHAT THE HELL?

First of all, I am not giving them my legit IP Address. That is out of question right now. They don't need it. Secondly, what does my ISP have anything to do with it? Third, I thought we established that the issue was on their part, and not ours. Instead of responding to my e-mail, you sent me this pile of BS?

My internet connection has nothing to do with it you dimwits. It's your game.

This is an old consultant trick... overload folks with redundant tasks or request for information which buys you time :)

I think the IP Address question is a serious invasion of privacy. It's just like asking me what my password is for my bank accounts. Surely there are laws in the UK against this?

I think the IP Address question is a serious invasion of privacy. It's just like asking me what my password is for my bank accounts. Surely there are laws in the UK against this?

Another reason why this question doesn't make any sense is that you may have a dynamic IP (you most probably will), and actually get a different IP from your ISP via DHCP when you disconnect and connect again.

I had gotten the EXACT same reply from them when I asked about AC09 not connecting last year. Basically they are wanting you to respond and give them one answer to which they can say

"sorry we don't support that, now fearsome tweak off"

Once they found out I was in the USA, they immediatly said "we don't support USA, so it could be anything, kthanksbie"

Codemasters can genuinely go to hell. I'm not even kidding, this is the biggest BS response I've ever gotten from really, anybody.

Users who are viewing this thread