Ideas to overcome online quitters

I think Duckworth lewis kind of method should come in force as soon as connection is lost for whatever reason. That will ensure fair result and discourage quitting.

I think Duckworth lewis kind of method should come in force as soon as connection is lost for whatever reason. That will ensure fair result and discourage quitting.

Then you will get a different breed of quitters - the D/L quitters who quit as soon as they are ahead.

^^ and who exactly is good enough or has enough patience to calculate that?

In my opinion there are 3 options for RAGE quitters.
1. ALT + F4
2. ALT + TAB to another window and cross the game
3. START D (doesn't works for all the game)

So if ROSS implements a key-logger within the game. Just to keep a log file of whatever button is pressed during the online playing session(it will not be illegal at all). As the game is not tweaked for keyboard so it will much easier to sort out as there will be a lesser log.
So whenever a person Rage Quit by using those 3 options it will be a piece of cake to know about that if the key-logger sends those info back to the server.
If it is a powercut or freeze or whatever for which the gamers can feel a bit low if punished can be sorted out easily.

@sahil, i think tht score will only show if it is affected by rain, surely not on demand in a game that is not affected by rain or delay! Well ross would know better.

Cricket-online...how accurate and upto date are those? I have tried one sometime ago and it did not give me the right result since i think the actual method to calculate the score is not accessible to the public. I may be wrong though.

@sahil, i think tht score will only show if it is affected by rain, surely not on demand in a game that is not affected by rain or delay! Well ross would know better.

Cricket-online...how accurate and upto date are those? I have tried one sometime ago and it did not give me the right result since i think the actual method to calculate the score is not accessible to the public. I may be wrong though.

They are pretty decent and are good enough for someone to be ahead to quit and get a W. My point is that some people in decent position would rather take a Win via quit than play out the game.

I seriously wish that D/L par score is available on demand. So even if there isnt any rain but just overcast conditions, we can know the par score n stay ahead of it. Don't think its that hard to implement.

I seriously wish that D/L par score is available on demand. So even if there isnt any rain but just overcast conditions, we can know the par score n stay ahead of it. Don't think its that hard to implement.

If it is a real simulation it is really not happening. The only reason being players themselves don't know the D/L score if they are not informed by the match officials.

In my opinion there are 3 options for RAGE quitters.
1. ALT + F4
2. ALT + TAB to another window and cross the game
3. START D (doesn't works for all the game)

So if ROSS implements a key-logger within the game. Just to keep a log file of whatever button is pressed during the online playing session(it will not be illegal at all). As the game is not tweaked for keyboard so it will much easier to sort out as there will be a lesser log.
So whenever a person Rage Quit by using those 3 options it will be a piece of cake to know about that if the key-logger sends those info back to the server.
If it is a powercut or freeze or whatever for which the gamers can feel a bit low if punished can be sorted out easily.

ROSS (capitalised) reads like an acronym for some government agency (Really Overly Secret Service). :spy

I don't want ROSS to install a keylogger on my machine and spy on me man. They'll pass on all your activities to the NSA or worse... the PC mods. God help you if they find out you visit other cricket forums. :eek:

ROSS (capitalised) reads like an acronym for some government agency (Really Overly Secret Service). :spy

I don't want ROSS to install a keylogger on my machine and spy on me man. They'll pass on all your activities to the NSA or worse... the PC mods. God help you if they find out you visit other cricket forums. :eek:

The key-logger will be inside the game and it could be programmed to get only activated if you log in and playing an online match. So anything u do outside the game is none of anyone's concern.

How do you overcome quitters when they are sitting right next to you? Had my friend 8 wickets down for 2 runs and he kept restarting the game (IC10). Most annoying thing ever!

You kick the shyt outta him until he promises never to show his face again.

If it is a real simulation it is really not happening. The only reason being players themselves don't know the D/L score if they are not informed by the match officials.

But the players can view the D/L score anytime they want.....So what Sahilnatu is saying looks pretty Real to me :p. I feel we would have the option to view the D/L score anytime we want as with the dynamic weather in we really wouldn't know whether it would rain or not, and so we might need to view the D/L score anytime we wish to. I would be pretty disappointed if you can view the D/L score only if it's sure to rain during that innings, as that will remove the strategical element of this feature (I.e decision at toss, trying to stay ahead of or defend the D/L score etc. it would be fun when the opp tries to stay ahead of the D/L score only to lose wickets and realise later that it did not rain at all :D

Users who are viewing this thread