The Release Date Thread, where all Release Date posts must go

True, but given that's traditionally the AAA titles would they want to keep out of that cacophony being a fairly small niche sports title?

Here's another question: Dual Release or Console Specific?

That's what I'm saying - there's usually regular big titles between August and thanksgiving. Usually nothing in December - I'd be tempted to stick it there where it might get some oxygen before everything shuts down for xmas.

I'm sure it would be a dual release - unless there's problems with one or other of the platformholders. No reason to go exclusive for this I don't think.

No reason to go exclusive for this I don't think

...so you expect a PC release at the same time as well? I have my doubts on that. Either way, I'm terrified about the specs required, don't think my Macbook will run it... might be investing in a PS4... or whatever console @MattW has...

...so you expect a PC release at the same time as well? I have my doubts on that. Either way, I'm terrified about the specs required, don't think my Macbook will run it... might be investing in a PS4... or whatever console @MattW has...

I finally did get a PS4. It's a lovely machine.

And my thoughts on PC are well documented - Sorry, but I wouldn't be doing it at all... Unless it was a paid beta to help testing. *boooo* I know I know.

I'm saying 1st week of January 17. Just to keep a little bit of reality and sanity to the impatient amongst us. however, if I'm indeed right I will get the missus to bake a cake for Biggs to ease the pain of delay.

I don't know if release the same time as Cod, Battlefield etc. is a good idea. I reckon late October will be a good time to get people to pick it up before a lot of mainstream titles come out...

I don't know if release the same time as Cod, Battlefield etc. is a good idea. I reckon late October will be a good time to get people to pick it up before a lot of mainstream titles come out...

Certainly those are factors, but I'm not sure they are the main competition - FIFA might be a bigger competitor for a Cricket game maybe.

Id love for @BigAntStudios / @MattW to confirm the situation re PC as soon as possible: I will need a new machine to play this & would rather buy a gaming PC than PS4.

The carrot for them to do so would be I would also buy Lacrosse.

FWIW re dates I will go early December too: late November as well as the thanksgiving thing you've got the Phil Hughes anniversary & one assumes they'd avoid that?

As long as we get a date & its this year and no shenanigans (feganigans?) I'll be happy

Certainly those are factors, but I'm not sure they are the main competition - FIFA might be a bigger competitor for a Cricket game maybe.

I guess I didn't think that a sports games biggest competitor would be another sports game...*

Id love for @BigAntStudios / @MattW to confirm the situation re PC as soon as possible: I will need a new machine to play this & would rather buy a gaming PC than PS4.

The carrot for them to do so would be I would also buy Lacrosse.

FWIW re dates I will go early December too: late November as well as the thanksgiving thing you've got the Phil Hughes anniversary & one assumes they'd avoid that?

As long as we get a date & its this year and no shenanigans (feganigans?) I'll be happy

PC master race? Let's ask the question and have countless debates that will ruin friendships forever!

*This wasn't sarcasm I legit was just being an idiot...

I'd like to thanks my pal @Biggs for creating this thread, it means that I now can go hard on those that post "release date???" anywhere else in this forum!

I'd say late November: probably the best time for releasing any game plus its in the Australian Cricket season probably around the start of the first big Test series, it seems a sensible time. Probably a Friday release; at least that's when they drop most releases here. I dunno if they'll do a delay for the PC version again, I really hope not...

I dunno if they'll do a delay for the PC version again

That's the $1* question, really. Since I'm looking at buying a new console or a new PC that release timing is going to factor into that decision a lot. ...and the customization of the console game as well.

*Crisp Zimbabwean Currency™

Depth of customisation and modding are a deal breaker for me. I want to get a PS4 but only if modding is a definite.

PS4, the PC guys should pick one up and I can organise a huge Planet Cricket tournament maybe a world cup.

You have Spotify built in and Share Factory built in so making gameplay videos is easy I have made some will have to share them at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread