The Retro Thread

pinku

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Could be, not sure. The academy can be a bit temperamental.

I'll will be sharing those again, along with the 2000s squads. With some new bats as well as kits.

Great stuff mate thanks. I just recently got a ps4 again and i am just looking on the academy now and alot of teams i created also are not showing logos when i am trying download them.... Confused lol

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Great stuff mate thanks. I just recently got a ps4 again and i am just looking on the academy now and alot of teams i created also are not showing logos when i am trying download them.... Confused lol
I seem to remember someone mention that one of my kits wasn't showing properly but still downloaded ok.

Might be a similar issue.

disco123

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
GN Powerspot / Giant , Symonds Tusker , Newbery Super Blade , SS Jumbo , I’ll do some pictures too , got a couple in the loft .... might be late 80s as well if I think about it :)

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I will try help out with pics later but gm maestro, slazenger v series, Duncan fearnley, come to mind.
I've got most of those done I think.

GN Powerspot / Giant , Symonds Tusker , Newbery Super Blade , SS Jumbo , I’ll do some pictures too , got a couple in the loft .... might be late 80s as well if I think about it :)

I have previously shared two powerspots, the Tusker, and a version of the Jumbo. I'll have a look at the others

Thanks both for the suggestions.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I've shared the bats below under the username 'wyyretro' (just to confuse everyone). Some are older ones I've shared previously but there are quite a few new ones in there.

PpZGTYs.png
tzCvcEB.png
9YqY81g.png
6gjEaQ2.png
PwfgdUZ.png
e3KjL5P.png
N9Eul8N.png
S1WSK53.png
HSEo1TZ.png
cCj8pcK.png
x4tRKpc.png
92M30or.png
OTr3sgT.png
82v5jeB.png
otMlqOx.png
PIJWzHf.png
Wy1PtMl.png
DIoGW5s.png
3vMwIHl.png
XsmAALG.png
0Xvew6h.png
d6Z7K4r.png
xSGqy0i.png
4pOMGwI.png
Es6JlwE.png
oVl5dIn.png
qi80F3d.png
u5fILib.png

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thank you for the work Waste. How to assign these bats to players

pinku

Club Captain
I've shared the bats below under the username 'wyyretro' (just to confuse everyone). Some are older ones I've shared previously but there are quite a few new ones in there.

PpZGTYs.png
tzCvcEB.png
9YqY81g.png
6gjEaQ2.png
PwfgdUZ.png
e3KjL5P.png
N9Eul8N.png
S1WSK53.png
HSEo1TZ.png
cCj8pcK.png
x4tRKpc.png
92M30or.png
OTr3sgT.png
82v5jeB.png
otMlqOx.png
PIJWzHf.png
Wy1PtMl.png
DIoGW5s.png
3vMwIHl.png
XsmAALG.png
0Xvew6h.png
d6Z7K4r.png
xSGqy0i.png
4pOMGwI.png
Es6JlwE.png
oVl5dIn.png
qi80F3d.png
u5fILib.png

Awesome stuff @wasteyouryouth i will have to make a ps4 profile just for your content. I have said it before and will say again that i only now play Ashes for your creations and i am sure many others feel the same. Hope you can get them wc teams up soon. Thanks

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded England 1980s. Thanks to Llewelyn7 , Wasteyouryouth for players, bats logos and players, and many others for the inspiration and work.
Used and tweaked players from the academy as well as my own creations.

Username:Mouseydread

Wow what a group of controversial players, either rebel tourists or back page bad boys. Not many superstars but here are Botham, Gooch and Gower captained this time by Mike Gatting. The lineup through this era pretty much picked itself. There are some talented openers here too who never quite took it to the next level, Tavare, Robinson, Broad, Not much fast bowling talent apart from Dilley, but there is swing and seam with Foster, Small and Ellison. Oh and some decent off soinners, Emburey and Edmonds.

Also here are 4 of the earliest black players to play for England, Roland Butcher, Wilf Slack, Norman Cowans and "Hissing" Sid Lawrence. Having completed this era, it was quite evident England lacked three or four more batsmen to challenge the status quo.

cricket-ashes-edgbaston-england_3366010.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Baggy1971

Club Cricketer
Thanks for this mousey have to disagree about England 80s possibly one of there best decade's for results

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Thanks for this mousey have to disagree about England 80s possibly one of there best decade's for results

Compared to the 1970s they weren't even close, I am sure by the mid 80s Pakistan surpassed England in terns of results, Australia walloped England in 1989 and the West Indies dominated them, be interesting to play a series against them on the game!

sdt16

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
What are some popular bats from the 1990s and 2000s?

I can try and add a few more when I share these teams.

Good quality pictures and names help.
Slazenger V100 V500 V600, Power, BAS, GM, SG

sdt16

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India

@wasteyouryouth Aamazing work!!! You are a gem of a creator & contributor...
No words to thank you enough...

Looking at these bats makes me soo nostalgic...

can we make "used" versions of the above as well??

Users who are viewing this thread