The Retro Thread

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@wasteyouryouth

I loved your simple MRF bat of the 1990s..

I wanted a small help...I tried to use the logo on a thick edged bat ( you have used the thin edged one) but since the front & back logos are combined with fixed spacing between them, I could not place the logo accurately on the thick edged bat...

Can you guide me as to how can I have the front & back logos separated so that they can be resized shaped & placed on the bat independent of each other...

I have no idea of seemingly complex logo creation....Is it possible to separate the logos ?? Or how can I create one easily from the existing one

Kindly help

Thanx

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
@wasteyouryouth

I loved your simple MRF bat of the 1990s..

I wanted a small help...I tried to use the logo on a thick edged bat ( you have used the thin edged one) but since the front & back logos are combined with fixed spacing between them, I could not place the logo accurately on the thick edged bat...

Can you guide me as to how can I have the front & back logos separated so that they can be resized shaped & placed on the bat independent of each other...

I have no idea of seemingly complex logo creation....Is it possible to separate the logos ?? Or how can I create one easily from the existing one

Kindly help

Thanx
If you duplicate the logo, in the academy logo creator section of the game, you could delete the layers removing the left hand side MRF on one logo and then the right hand side MRF on the other. Then you could position them on whichever bat you'd like to use.

Baggy1971

Club Cricketer
Compared to the 1970s they weren't even close, I am sure by the mid 80s Pakistan surpassed England in terns of results, Australia walloped England in 1989 and the West Indies dominated them, be interesting to play a series against them on the game!
Mmmm I grew up watching England in the 80s so I'm biased, they did beat the aussies 3 times in the 80s including the invisible team from the 86-87 tour who beat everyone including the Pakistani and WI in the WS ODI series that was my favourite team sadly the late 80s rebel tour knackered that up

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
If you duplicate the logo, in the academy logo creator section of the game, you could delete the layers removing the left hand side MRF on one logo and then the right hand side MRF on the other. Then you could position them on whichever bat you'd like to use.

Thanx @wasteyouryouth

But I do not know how that is done...Also neither there is any you tube video guide nor on this forum for logo creation/editing...

Will try

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded England 1990s. Thanks to Llewelyn7 , Wasteyouryouth for players, bats logos and players, and many others for the inspiration and work.
Used and tweaked players from the academy as well as two of my own creations.

Username:Mouseydread

the 1990s was the dawn of a new era of young English cricketers, led by Mike Atherton. There was talent such as Wicketkeeper batsman, Alex Stewart, counter puncher Graham Thorpe, soon to be captain Nasser Hussain, consistent bowling such as Gough, Caddick, Dean Headley and Fraser and a bevvy of "new Bothams" such as the fiesty Cork, and mercurial Chris Lewis. Don't forget the unpredictable pace man Devon "you guys are history" Malcolm.

There was plenty of unfulfilled potential too none bigger than Hick and Ramprakash. Oh yes and there was decent spin in Welshman Robert Croft and the popular cockney Phil "Tuffers" Tufnel. There are many to add to the squad.

I think I only created Crawley's face and Robert Croft and Headley as there was the excellent pool of players used from the 1992 World Cup Squad on the academy. I only tweaked ratings to suit my universe.

Enjoy!!

152460.3.jpg

Last edited:

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Just managed to create the original MRF bat that Sachin started using 1996 onwards...

All thanx to @wasteyouryouth for his creation of the same MRF bat (alongwith the plain MRF logo) but with a thinner edged bat...

I somehow managed to separate the back & front logos to resize them individually for the modern thicker edged bats...

you can find it in the academy under username : sdt16

Sachin Original MRF.JPG Sachin Original MRF back.JPG
Cheers!

Last edited:

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just managed to create the original MRF bat that Sachin started using 1996 onwards...

All thanx to @wasteyouryouth for his creation of the same MRF bat but with a thinner edged bat...

I somehow managed to separate the back & front logos to resize them individually for the modern thicker edged bats...

you can find it in the academy under username : sdt16

View attachment 218445 View attachment 218444
Cheers!
I think those were my mrf bats you used.

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
I think those were my mrf bats you used.

@Llewelynf Oh ..I thought this "plain MRF" (not the newer "MRF genius" logo too) logo was created by @wasteyouryouth after I had requested him to make this vintage MRF bat, didn't know you too created it...

Thanx & all credit to you too man...

I simply don't know anything about logo creation,> After several attempts just somehow managed (trial & error) to separate the layers of the existing logo & then put it on a plain bat as instructed by @wasteyouryouth

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Hi @wasteyouryouth. Any idea when you may be able to upload your classic world cup teams. Thanks
I've been a bit under the weather the last couple of weeks, I was hoping to have shared them already. I'm working on them now though. Hopefully a reshare of the 1990s in the next couple of days and then the 2000s by the end of the week.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
For anyone still visiting the forum of this old game I have shared some old teams.

Username: wyyretro

Squads from each World Cup in the 1990s. Kits, lots of bats, and stadiums tweaked with the sponsors (the English stadiums I have adjusted to look closer to the 1999 grounds). The players have been reskilled with the DJMethod.

568W4W8.png
GQkVyJ8.png
RH3YL8j.png
kFS4vmH.png
UKLcWPY.png
aWSMusE.png
4OzhFhz.png
396OQUR.png
YoBNYs8.png
dm9xI6O.png
L1lqoel.png
dm9xI6O.png
Kf1P4gX.png
QFYX25E.png
oQ5TIIo.png
cySOg5a.png
oC1dz24.png
4I8n8U8.png
Tkaek8K.png
kHfwSa8.png
cRzaDti.png
RbzOurn.png
igazjZx.png
Yx6U5s6.png
eXe3q7w.png
jjwjrW6.png
b8DGoVh.png
Qd7no8R.png

Search for 'Team Name' WC 1990s.

If you're low on logo space beware this will download a lot due to kits, bats and adboards.

pinku

Associate Captain
For anyone still visiting the forum of this old game I have shared some old teams.

Username: wyyretro

Squads from each World Cup in the 1990s. Kits, lots of bats, and stadiums tweaked with the sponsors (the English stadiums I have adjusted to look closer to the 1999 grounds). The players have been reskilled with the DJMethod.

568W4W8.png
GQkVyJ8.png
RH3YL8j.png
kFS4vmH.png
UKLcWPY.png
aWSMusE.png
4OzhFhz.png
396OQUR.png
YoBNYs8.png
dm9xI6O.png
L1lqoel.png
dm9xI6O.png
Kf1P4gX.png
QFYX25E.png
oQ5TIIo.png
cySOg5a.png
oC1dz24.png
4I8n8U8.png
Tkaek8K.png
kHfwSa8.png
cRzaDti.png
RbzOurn.png
igazjZx.png
Yx6U5s6.png
eXe3q7w.png
jjwjrW6.png
b8DGoVh.png
Qd7no8R.png

Search for 'Team Name' WC 1990s.

If you're low on logo space beware this will download a lot due to kits, bats and adboards.

This is awesome @wasteyouryouth. Can i also ask if you are still working on the teams from various world cups, i am sure you showed a preview of teams from world cups 2003,2007 etc. Correct me if am wrong. Thanks

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
This is awesome @wasteyouryouth. Can i also ask if you are still working on the teams from various world cups, i am sure you showed a preview of teams from world cups 2003,2007 etc. Correct me if am wrong. Thanks
Yep, I want to finish those next. Planning on doing the same, grouping the two tournaments into one teams. I might add Bangladesh and maybe (only maybe) do some of the associate sides from those 90s and 00s tournaments.

Users who are viewing this thread