The Rule you most hate in cricket

• Thread starter Deleted member 11215
  • Start date
The one I hate is the one where you get out, it's a bloody nuisance I tell you.

I've heard of getting out, but never knew there was a rule where randomly the umpire tells you to get the hell off the field cos your out :rolleyes:

It still makes it an anti climax. Having a second day to a OD game takes the gloss off it. Let D/L decide it. Ok it throws up the odd bizarre result, but most of the time it works and it is our only way to finish a OD game if it is finished by rain.

If it happened to me, having D/L decide the result would be more of an anti-climax than having to play the next day.

I'd much rather that instead of just continuing a game the next day, they'd play it all over. It would be very much against one side, but it'd be a hell of a lot better than trying to continue a game a day after it should have finished. It brings the worst anticlimaxes and worst atmospheres, that what neither we or the players want.

This might of been brought up but easily the worst rule about cricket is when a fielder throws the stumps down and the batsmen can run overthrows because of a deflection. That is crap- doesnt reward good fielding...

This might of been brought up but easily the worst rule about cricket is when a fielder throws the stumps down and the batsmen can run overthrows because of a deflection. That is crap- doesnt reward good fielding...

I actually agree with this. The ball should be deemed dead once it hits the stumps IMO. But am not too fussed about it.

Yeah, thats something I've always hated too, its not like you can prepare for it either. You'll have someone backing up in case it misses the stumps, but who knows where its going to go if you hit them.

I'm a little concerned about the hit-outside-line-of-off-stump-while-playing-a-shot rule. I'm guessing this rule was instantiated to balance the pitched-outside-leg-stump rule for leg-spinners. It still hurts to see batsmen completely beaten by a delivery to be ruled in when the ball hits them a fraction of a centimeter outside off-stump.

powerplay is awesome...:(

But...I don't like leg byes. play the ball with the bat, or don't run.

And, this isn't a "rule" per se, but third umpire needs to be mandated on certain decisions...the KP catch of Symonds on the boundary during the last England/Australia series still has me steamed...:mad:

Allowing runner for batsmen. If a player is injured then either he can play or just retire, what this does is that player does not has to run up and down and can score without getting tired. Saeed Anwar once almost scored double hundred against India in ODI when it was so hot and humid that he would have collapsed after making 100 had he been running for his runs.

Yeah the runners are pretty stupid. It showed in the last test match.

I find it funny that everyone is saying the D/L method. I'm a fan of it because I know its the most accurate, fair and entertaining thing possible. It's better than any other alternative I can conceive off.

I think the game is pretty good, although every now and then it annoys me like when I was about 13 I was on 93 and I was coming back for a single when the bowler who was walking back up the pitch changed his course and we collided and I was run out.

That REALLY ticked me off lol, but I'm happy with the rules.

I find it funny that everyone is saying the D/L method. I'm a fan of it because I know its the most accurate, fair and entertaining thing possible. It's better than any other alternative I can conceive off.
I'm not sure why people hate it so much either. Maybe it comes of not fully understanding how it is calculated.

What I can say is this; I've watched loads and loads of one day games that have ended up using the D/L method and for the most of the time its an accurate reflection on how the game went. I'm not sure its quite right if the game is ended very early but that's about it. Also if you watch games that aren't ended by D/L, watch the D/L indicator on the scoreboard throughout the second innings, it really does give you an accurate reflection on how the side is doing in the innings. Far better than looking at the over by over scores. I've watched plenty of matches where if you look at over by over one side looks to be way ahead but Duckworth Lewis says they are much closer, and much more often than not, come the final over its nail chewing time!

Users who are viewing this thread