Your Cricket The Ultimate Backyard Cricket Game

Black Magic

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Backyard Cricket At Its Best

1884881318_d1e934fd14.jpg

What You Need -
  • 1 Cricket Ball (4 Piece Recommended)
  • 6 Socks (1 Stocking is acceptable, but you will not get to face balls that cut)
  • 1 Clothes Line (Or 1 Rope)
  • A Bat
  • 1 Red Texta (Crayon)

Setting It Up -

1. Start With Putting The Cricket Ball in One of the Socks
  2. Now Tie the next sock to the top of it
  3. Do the Same with all your socks till you have a long stocking type thing with a ball at the end
  4. Now tie the Stocking on a Clothesline/Rope you have somewhere
  5. Start hitting the ball and see if it comes back with free movements (Make adjustments till its done)
  6. Now You Should Be Able to play the Game
  7. Use The Red Texta to colour the ball part of the sock so you can see it better.

Advanced Play -

This Incorporates swing, cut and fielders

1. Cut / Seam - I found out if the socks and the ball is wet and damp, it seems to cut a lot. This happens just when it reaches the lowest part of its swing it has a huge jerk and moves a lot. This is a replication of cut

2. Natural Swing - comes from the wind, to add swing just sort of slice the ball when you hit it, because it comes back in a revolution that way.

3. Stumps - Just Get a bin and put it behind you, just pretend there are slips and a gully so if you edge it you are out.

4. Fielders - To get fielders you use stumps, you have stumps in front of you so that it is in the striking range of the swing of the socks. This means you can knock over the stumps when you hit the ball. Although you have to take the stumps as the gap, this means your aim is to try and knock over the stumps by hitting the ball which will swing and knock it over. Try having around 6 stumps which works very well.

Just Some Other Notes, if you can try get a partner who can hurl the ball at a faster speed so you can practice facing pace. Try get your footwork right with this as well. Most Importantly try driving and not smashing the ball as hard as you can​

Dalek

Club Cricketer
I think im just going to stick to my KP & FREDDIE set, Thank you very much :cool::p

Dalek

Club Cricketer
lol, i usualy just wack one stump for batsmen and cone where to bowl from. Then just mess around with mates lol. We some times net in the garden with the stumps that about it.

Me and my kp bat, its got a big middle for a plaggy bat lol.;)

Black Magic

Panel of Selectors
lol, i usualy just wack one stump for batsmen and cone where to bowl from. Then just mess around with mates lol. We some times net in the garden with the stumps that about it.

Me and my kp bat, its got a big middle for a plaggy bat lol.;)

Haha nice, the milo bat is what you see in the picture even though I got it off google images

Dalek

Club Cricketer
looks like a australia or pakistan badge lol.

Black Magic

Panel of Selectors
Gardens to nice forr one of yours ;)

haha have you played tonk a pom lol

I always like watching the ads when the poms come over. They barmyarmy are awsum as well at the 'g

Last edited:

Dalek

Club Cricketer
I'm sorry i've not hear that lol.:rolleyes:

personaly your b/c that you play is nothing compared to our quick version :D we win!

Black Magic

Panel of Selectors
I'm sorry i've not hear that lol.:rolleyes:

personaly your b/c that you play is nothing compared to our quick version :D we win!

lol the ads here show us that you have no backyard lol, il see if I can get the youtube version.

Dalek

Club Cricketer
Haha our gardens get hours spent on them.

Yours are just mud, with a nice large shed with a huge pot in it to make curry ;)

lol.

My mates got a cricket square in his with a net lol.

Users who are viewing this thread