The world's cheapest car

Dan, do you ever let anyone else get the last word? :p

Damn you losers spoiling my customer. Tom, weren't you already convinced? :D

Kshitiz, I have both negatives and positives for this car at the moment. Regarding the space issue you're talking about, launching a car like this will aggravate it in the long term rather than save space by its smaller size.
I'm not sure about the life of the car as well. They have incorporated various technologies in the car and engine, but mind you, it has not been rigorously tested. The real verdict will only be possible after 2-3 months of its launch.

Ever seen Delhi roads without those 3-wheeler Autos? It's much easier to drive, much more space available on the road, and much smoother traffic.
Nano will have the same effect as the Autos.

Damn you losers spoiling my customer. Tom, weren't you already convinced? :D

Ah it's a shame, I was just about to sign the contract but now I have been put off. Apparently I am not allowed to say anything negative about the car (although I know it is awesome Abby :D)

Highlander999 added 1 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Kshitiz, I have both negatives and positives for this car at the moment. Regarding the space issue you're talking about, launching a car like this will aggravate it in the long term rather than save space by its smaller size.
I'm not sure about the life of the car as well. They have incorporated various technologies in the car and engine, but mind you, it has not been rigorously tested. The real verdict will only be possible after 2-3 months of its launch.

Pretty sure I said that.......

I don't see SUV's being so "green" anytime soon...

Except that they already are. Chevy have already released hybrid, fuel efficient and environment friendly cars, and that includes the Tahoe, which used to be one of the worst.

m_vaughan added 3 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Well my experience with Tata cars in the past have been less than pleasant. I used to have an Indica (my mom actually) long back and we had several issues from the beginning. My friend had a Tata Safari which was a disaster off-road. Complete bollocks!

So, honestly speaking, I do not expect much out of the Nano, considering their biggest and better cars have been crap.

Ever seen Delhi roads without those 3-wheeler Autos? It's much easier to drive, much more space available on the road, and much smoother traffic.
Nano will have the same effect as the Autos.

I was about to say that. In cities like Delhi traffic is a major problem and this car will only add to that traffic.

I'm really happy for Mr. Tata now that his dream finally comes true. No one gave him a chance to pull this off, but he did, well who else could?
:happy

In cities like Delhi traffic is a major problem and this car will only add to that traffic.
A probable Nano customer might as well ask other car owners to use the public transport system if they are so concerned about the congestion on city roads!:p

The idea behind the Nano is basically to make the two wheeler customers switch to a relatively safer four wheeler, one that also looks decent enough. In India most two wheelers are bought merely as a means to get from point A to point B. To this end then the bike at times is used to transport the whole family despite the risk. This hopefully should be history once the Nano rolls out. But don't count on it.;)

Last edited:
Except that they already are. Chevy have already released hybrid, fuel efficient and environment friendly cars, and that includes the Tahoe, which used to be one of the worst.

And how many of them are actually as affordable as the normal cars?

Dan, my bad, I worded it wrong, I'm pretty sure I read a study on DailyTech that said that predicted (based on certain facts, I don't remember) that SUV's WILL be the more popular cars in 2009.

Highlander999 said:
So why when I said this, did I get a torrent of abuse, not looking at anyone *cough cough Kshitiz *

There's a big difference. m_vaughan and Abhas provided proper arguments in support of their statement, and most of them I'd find do have reasons, and I do accept the other point of view aswell, and I can understand where I go wrong Tom.

You, on the other hand, clearly didn't do this, and just based everything on it being "cheap". Not sure where I abused you either...

m_vaughan, I agree, Tata cars have been bollocks in the past, especially Indica, but I only had a little hope in this car because it was engineered with brains more than just Tata's, which might mean it would hold some potential.

What an absolutely hateful looking pile of tripe. I would not walk along side one, let alone drive one. If I was drowning in a lake of excrement and one floated by I would not cling onto it to save my life. If they were the only kind of car in the world, I would still not drive one, in fact I'd rather hack off my own legs with a spoon and crawl along on the bloody stumps that remain for 100miles.

Last edited:
There's a big difference. m_vaughan and Abhas provided proper arguments in support of their statement, and most of them I'd find do have reasons, and I do accept the other point of view aswell, and I can understand where I go wrong Tom.

What the hell, me and Abhas were taking the piss. Don't try and bs around, you were out of order and OTT as pointed out by the fact that other members came in to prove your points wrong, before I had even had a chance to post.

What an absolutely hateful looking pile of tripe. I would not walk along side one, let alone drive one. If I was drowning in a lake of excrement and one floated by I would not cling onto it to save my life. If they were the only kind of car in the world, I would still not drive one, in fact I'd rather hack off my own legs with a spoon and crawl along on the bloody stumps that remain for 100miles.

Coming from a Mondeo driver :p Actually I do get your point though :p

Top Gear have shown you can find far cheaper cars than that which can cover all sorts of terrain. :D

Users who are viewing this thread