Your Cricket Thigh Pads

darthlewis1

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
If you wear a thigh pad it doesn't mean you're "not a man". If the thigh pad gives you extra confidence wear it.

P

pcfan123

You definately need a thigh pad mate. Just don't be one of those muppets who wears it on the outside of his trousers!

:laugh that is everyone here, we even have some Indians on our team who wear the box outside the pants! they wear a jockstrap over the pants and then put the box in it!

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
that is everyone here, we even have some Indians on our team who wear the box outside the pants! they wear a jockstrap over the pants and then put the box in it!

wtf??

sadly though i wear the thigh pads on the outside, and the other teams laugh when i come in but when i start hitting beautiful boundaries that all changes. ;)

P

pcfan123

I have no problem with the thighpad outside, that way you can take it on and off quickly if facing pace and spin. Does not matter much to me though as I never last more than 3-4 deliveries :laugh

Seoken

School Cricketer
I feel thigh pads get in the way. I'm not dissing anyone who wears one i know if i got hit badly a few times i might consider one, until i heal up. But i tend to get out of the way or play a glance. Always scares me though.

blake

School Cricketer
You hardly even notice them if you wear them on the inside of your trousers, they never move there and you'll only feel it if the ball hits it. Doesn't restrict my running anyway and just adds that bit of extra confidence.

Plus, you can sometimes get runs when the ball skims the thigh pad as it deflects away faster.

TumTum

International Cricketer
I only wear 1 thigh pad, which is on my front leg. Once at net training my box fell off inside my trousers, I just pretended like nothing happened :o

And it is stupid if you don't wear a thigh pad. A lot of the time when the bowler bowls leg side, the ball skids on and you are late in playing the leg glance.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
I only started wearing one when I opened the batting (like Mark didn't last long before :p) and it's really just a confidence thing. It very much has helped me though, you'll get used to it. Just do some treadmills or duck walks with it on.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Ya. Thanks for the help guys. ALL of you are off topic! :mad:

cotterill101

School Cricketer
I personally like Newbery batting pads as they are good quality very comfy easy to run in and also a decent price. I honestly think adidas are just a label trying to cash in on the cricketing world :noway

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
I personally like Newbery batting pads as they are good quality very comfy easy to run in and also a decent price. I honestly think adidas are just a label trying to cash in on the cricketing world :noway

No dude. They are living up to their name. They do make good quality stuff.

AD9BPPRO.jpg

I like how it's curved out around the ankle area. Regular pads just goes straight down. When you are running, it wont get stuck. And the instep area is way bigger than any other pads. Only thing is, it looks heavy, but they said, it's not.

AD10BGPROzm.jpg

I don't have these, but I did use someone else's, and they are very comfortable.

I just don't like Adidas bat. Specially the Tendulkar one. I do like Ian Bell's but would be my last choice

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have no problem with the thighpad outside, that way you can take it on and off quickly if facing pace and spin. Does not matter much to me though as I never last more than 3-4 deliveries :laugh

If thats the case then why don;t you out there and be a man:p

AngryPixel added 1 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

No dude. They are living up to their name. They do make good quality stuff.

AD9BPPRO.jpg

I like how it's curved out around the ankle area. Regular pads just goes straight down. When you are running, it wont get stuck. And the instep area is way bigger than any other pads. Only thing is, it looks heavy, but they said, it's not.

AD10BGPROzm.jpg

I don't have these, but I did use someone else's, and they are very comfortable.

I just don't like Adidas bat. Specially the Tendulkar one. I do like Ian Bell's but would be my last choice

Tendulkar just adds a sticker on his bat, his bat is custom made not the adidas one...

Users who are viewing this thread