Things are uptight around here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being quite new to these forums, and coming from other forums, one gets the opinion that the forum administrators around here are pretty angry people.

When people get pushed around it leads to revolution.....administators please respect everyone equally and not pretend you are in some massive power position becuase at the end of the day its just a forum made for people to enjoy not to exploit others. And please don't go and angrily respond to critisism by bannings because a dictatorship never works. In a democracy everyone gets a say and leaders must learn to respect peoples concerns and opinions. Or else things go down hill.

The people/person who pay for the forum, aren't allowed a say in how it's run?

Also, the idea of a forum being a democracy is out of reach. The forum is run and paid for by a person, not run and paid for by the members. I have no doubt in my mind that PC is back on the right track again, we wondered a litte, the place got a bit quieter. But the forum is more reliable now as the servers seem better, and posts are up in all forums. We've got a good community here, I think it'd take something huge for it to ever 'kill' the forum. I have witnessed something huge on another forum, as the most active member of said forum, I can't ever see this place falling like that. And why did that place die? (It still runs but is maybe a 10th of how active it was). Because the moderation was lax and was completely inconsistent. I enjoy it here, most people do, it'll continue.

Haha, internets drama, love 'em (not when I'm in middle of them, mind). I hear NP is easily bought fwiw :p

Personally I think things are great here, and the mods took a brave decision and a good one as a matter of fact with the two recent bannings. It's nice to have some humour now and then, but when essentially a two page thread blows up to five pages, you have to wonder, but after a while you know who it is and roughly what is being posted, and thus know 99% of the time it would be OT.

I have come across stricter sites, and I think thngs are near perfect here, there is leniency to an extent, and you can't get away with murder.

Now we can take an example...If in a city the police isnt strict, the people will do a lot of crimes and will never be caught. If the same thing happens in a city with strict police, there will be way less crimes in that city than the first one.

So basically, its the same thing with forums. If you have strict administrators, you will have a better forum and a forum where you will not have strict administrators, that forum will not be any good for a longer time.

Now we can take an example...If in a city the police isnt strict, the people will do a lot of crimes and will never be caught. If the same thing happens in a city with strict police, there will be way less crimes in that city than the first one.

So basically, its the same thing with forums. If you have strict administrators, you will have a better forum and a forum where you will not have strict administrators, that forum will not be any good for a longer time.

Yep, true. So in May, PlanetCricket had turned into Liverpool with the amount of misbehaviour around, but now it is Norwich, much clearer and better controlled.

yeah, i've been banned a few times.. :p

It was a bit stuffy in the past, but they do give some breathing room now. And when people like Culli took advantage of it, they got rightfully punished. So I'm pleased.

As far as names go, I feel that Culli and Animator were rightly given bans and I am sure they will have learned their lessons (if they return) but I do feel that the naming of Evertonfan and Will_NA as serial spammers is very harsh.

As far as names go, I feel that Culli and Animator were rightly given bans and I am sure they will have learned their lessons (if they return) but I do feel that the naming of Evertonfan and Will_NA as serial spammers is very harsh.

Not really.

Tbh, I was rather surprised that they were banned and I weren't. Can't say i'm bemoaning the decision though. I have spammed a little over the past month, but with the huge amount of stress I get from college it's nice to have a release somewhere. I feel I contribute more than the other two did elsewhere as well.

I can't really think of anything to say really. Sure Culli, Evo, Ani and I have spammed but it's not like we post predominantly in the NET&G Forum like some members. For you to say we do nothing but spam is ludicrous.

I too was surprised Evo and I weren't banned as well.

But when you allow members like AnnoyingDevil go scot free, how do you justify banning members who actually contribute to Sports discussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread