This is it - Ashes Cricket (Beta Feedback)

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The commentary seems exactly the same as db17, just different voices. Nothing new being said
That is definitely not true. Might seem that way but it is different. Dbc commentary lacked flow. This has been improved a lot. There is a chemistry now

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The commentary seems exactly the same as db17, just different voices. Nothing new being said
There does seem to be a very set script that Big Ant use, but I think wealey's videos aren't really about showing commentary considering he cuts them off.

To be honest I don't know how you can make commentary in a cricket game that doesn't quickly become repetitive without recording days worth of soundbites.

IDOLMiND

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Hong Kong
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Cricket 07 had decent commentary. Michael slaters voice is annoying AF

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Commentary is better and situational compared to previous titles. All the best for console gamers as only 5 days to go. We pc gamers hope for the release by the end of this month on steam

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
If they are left handed then you would hope so.
Haha. I meant the tendency for every player to throw with their left hand.

Also, this may be elementary but is custom difficulty still an option. I quite liked setting the ball marker a bit earlier when I batted. Is that still an option?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Haha. I meant the tendency for every player to throw with their left hand.

Also, this may be elementary but is custom difficulty still an option. I quite liked setting the ball marker a bit earlier when I batted. Is that still an option?

IIRC Wealey confirmed sliders, including the one for displaying ball marker early, are present in Ashes Cricket similar to DBC 17.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Ohh... so that’s a change in the sliders and not in the difficulty settings? :o

I guess you will need to get info from @grkrama or @WealeyH as I only recall info about the sliders, not about difficulty levels. But I would assume Custom difficulty would be there else how will you make use of the sliders?

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Thing I have picked up is that the crowd love it and can u conform weather it will sound louder at the g or sounds the same but the crowd amazing it would sound that real with your headset on

grkrama

National Board President
Yup the crowd sound is amazing and detailed, you can certainly feel the difference batting in say a allan border field ground and the big G, i for one would recommend setting the ambience of crowd high and listen to the details.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Ok here's some ODI batting, its a dusty soft pitch so the bounce is lower than the harder ones.

ps; sorry for lossy encode, the game looks much better than this and this is not even the highest setting.

Thanks for taking out the time to do a video. Appreciate it.

Here is a little observation I made, would be nice if you can shed some light on it.
In DBC 17, the batting aid - circle around the ball which conveyed the line/length - conveys the final line of the ball, after it has moved in the air or/and off the pitch. From what I could gather from your video, it is now related to the line chosen by the bowler without the seam/swing movement factored in. Is that correct or am I just over thinking this?

E.g.:
1) 5.2 - to me it looked like it pitched and then seamed in but the circle conveyed its good 3~4 stumps outside the off stump. Is that an intentional design change?
2) 3.5 - though the circle conveyed a 4th stump line, was it because of the angle or the seam movement that the ball finished good 2 feet outside the off stump?

Again, not nitpicking, having played DBC17 day in and day out, watching that marker is something that has become a reflex and hence the question.

Users who are viewing this thread