This is it - Ashes Cricket (Beta Feedback)

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yup the crowd sound is amazing and detailed, you can certainly feel the difference batting in say a allan border field ground and the big G, i for one would recommend setting the ambience of crowd high and listen to the details.

am glad that you didnt used the sliders which shows the reall game

Pat

International Coach
The game really does look incredibly good with these new animations. I have never had so much fun just watching the videos. For people playing on PS4 (as opposed to PS4 Pro), can you please confirm if the game looks and plays as smooth (without lags and stutters) as it does on PC? I remember DBC17 having certain issues on PS4 with respect to lags/stutters which were improved in a patch later but now with the increased resolution and upgraded graphics/animations, I worry it may not be as smooth on PS4 as it may be on PS4 Pro.

Reactions: DAP

max2002

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
@SnowyCasanova @WealeyH @Llewelynf @blockerdave @Dutch
I have asked this question already but no one replied and I know no one has to reply but It is a question that a few people want to know.
When the game is released not all teams will be done and no one expects them all to be made straight away. But would it be possible to start the club career then download teams as they are made and have them replace the generic teams? If this is possible would players be replaced as well??

Reactions: DAP

chaman82

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Ok here's some ODI batting, its a dusty soft pitch so the bounce is lower than the harder ones.

ps; sorry for lossy encode, the game looks much better than this and this is not even the highest setting.

The shot at 15.40 , guide to third man looking gr8.

Other thing I noticed is Pacers are not bowling slower balls . The lowest was 124 by the bowler with AVG. Speed around 135 .
Proper slower delivery in the range of 110kmph by the AI (in limited over cricket) can make things tougher, may b implemented at higher difficulties.
Ur thoughts @grkrama

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
View attachment 199655
Shouldn't the fielder placement HUD be inverted as the batsman is playing from behind! I don't know how hard will that be to change and i'm not sure how it feels to you @grkrama but I surely got confused seeing that.
Edit: and bowlers not reacting to catches after bowling still exists. I hope it gets tweaked a bit

I am really unsure what stadium this was is it the Gabba or the SCG?

Pat

International Coach
@SnowyCasanova @WealeyH @Llewelynf @blockerdave @Dutch
I have asked this question already but no one replied and I know no one has to reply but It is a question that a few people want to know.
When the game is released not all teams will be done and no one expects them all to be made straight away. But would it be possible to start the club career then download teams as they are made and have them replace the generic teams? If this is possible would players be replaced as well??

Yes you will be able to do that. This was the case with DBC17 too after one of the patches as far as I remember (replacing the teams while the career mode is in progress)

IDOLMiND

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Hong Kong
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Do batters react now after being hit with a bouncer?..... In db17 it would just bounce of them like it was nothing.....

IDOLMiND

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Hong Kong
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Does anyone know why the graphics from big ant have become worse and worse since db14 ? I mean look at this.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Great gameplay videos from @WealeyH and @grkrama

One suggestion would be to make WK stay low till the batsman hits the shot when playing in close cam [Which I do]..He gets up way early that causes a hindrance to play the desired shot..If that could be tweaked it would be easier to play shots..

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
As you can see in the pictures, the camera stops way before the ball reaches the boundary line. This also affects fast bowlers in broadcast camera where you don't get to see the batsman.
If the camera can be moved a little further then it will give the perfect view.

This is something which I have faced in dbc17. It is not a bug but it does spoil the view. Please try fixing this in further updates.

Thank you.

Screenshot_20171111-101624.jpg Screenshot_20171111-101607.jpg Screenshot_20171111-101558.jpg

grkrama

National Board President
n DBC 17, the batting aid - circle around the ball which conveyed the line/length - conveys the final line of the ball, after it has moved in the air or/and off the pitch. From what I could gather from your video, it is now related to the line chosen by the bowler without the seam/swing movement factored in. Is that correct or am I just over thinking this?

yup now they give you the line and length chosen by the bowler from my experience at least in hard and up.So it keeps it changeling to an extent especially now that you have the added aid of pitch marker.
Also it doesnt make that much of difference in the end apart from a few deliveries that can keep you guessing.I guess the best is to play an see. I personally am enjoying it.

Proper slower delivery in the range of 110kmph by the AI (in limited over cricket) can make things tougher, may b implemented at higher difficulties.
Ur thoughts

I have had slower ones i remember 111, even 106, i think this being first 10 overs of odi its not bowled as much.[DOUBLEPOST=1510385587][/DOUBLEPOST]
One suggestion would be to make WK stay low till the batsman hits the shot when playing in close cam [Which I do]..He gets up way early that causes a hindrance to play the desired shot..If that could be tweaked it would be easier to play shots..

or an option to increase transparency of wk even more

azkhan

Associate Captain
Does anyone know why the graphics from big ant have become worse and worse since db14 ? I mean look at this.

You have just posted a video of someone playing dbc14??? Where is the comparisons of all the games graphics?

Users who are viewing this thread