This is it - Ashes Cricket (Beta Feedback)

We spent a lot of time discussion immersion and the feeling of playing out or watching a proper game of cricket.

Close genuine play and misses were right up there as something we needed and there are plenty in the game. You get t right and you can beat the AI all ends up![DOUBLEPOST=1510080082][/DOUBLEPOST]Ps: everyone will love it more in HD!!

That was exactly something we covered in beta: beating the bat should be an "oooh" moment but in prior games it never was. In ashes I think it is.

Hats off to you guys man!!! You all have done a great job! From the bottom of my heart....I just can't thank you guys enough for the effort and seriousness that you guys (all beta testers) have put into this game to make it the best cricket game ever!!!

Thankyou once again!!!

It is so heartening to see that you guys paid attention to the smallest of details that otherwise get lost in the overall scheme of things! And I can't believe how BigAntStudios managed to cater to all the requests and changes that you guys suggested in such a small time frame!!! Truly a miracle overall!

Best thing is...everything seems to have come together with this version of the game that has got this huge license. This will be a perfect showcase to maybe other boards as well and maybe ICC itself who would take notice and maybe provide all the remaining licenses in the future!

Last edited:
Another query (sorry):

Has there been any changes made to the 'Confidence system in the game? Does it carry over from previous matches in a tour or series? If a bowler in a series has got a batsman out multiple times, does the batsman's confidence take a huge dip when he faces the same bowler next?

Also, if i may put in a small suggestion, Maybe something for the future (once all the more important stuff has settled):

If possible, could you ask the BigAnt team to give the fielders an individual animation? Specially the slip fielders who seem to react exactly the same when the fielders throws the ball to the keeper :)

Wow, I had to read each and every post. Thank you @blockerdave @WealeyH @Dutch for your wonderful contributions as beta testers. I am extremely impressed with what I have read especially with regards to AI batting tenacity in tests. Special thanks to @blockerdave for having seam position added to the mix.
My only question is about late cuts to spinners. Can it be played without the keeper jumping in to take impossible catches?

Wow, I had to read each and every post. Thank you @blockerdave @WealeyH @Dutch for your wonderful contributions as beta testers. I am extremely impressed with what I have read especially with regards to AI batting tenacity in tests. Special thanks to @blockerdave for having seam position added to the mix.
My only question is about late cuts to spinners. Can it be played without the keeper jumping in to take impossible catches?
We have looked a lot at wicketkeeper superhuman catches......he is just human now!

Also there are a couple of other guys on the beta team. Its up to them to make themselves known should they wish but they had a positive contribution too! We are just the ones hungry for the spotlight! :)

Also please remember its @MattW @mikeymerren @benwarwick and all the other talented guys and girls @BigAntStudios who deserve all the credit, all of it......we just moaned at them.... :)

We have looked a lot at wicketkeeper superhuman catches......he is just human now!

Also there are a couple of other guys on the beta team. Its up to them to make themselves known should they wish but they had a positive contribution too! We are just the ones hungry for the spotlight! :)

Also please remember its @MattW @mikeymerren @benwarwick and all the other talented guys and girls @BigAntStudios who deserve all the credit, all of it......we just moaned at them.... :)

But it's pretty much us

Hats off to you guys man!!! You all have done a great job! From the bottom of my heart....I just can't thank you guys enough for the effort and seriousness that you guys (all beta testers) have put into this game to make it the best cricket game ever!!!

Thankyou once again!!!

It is so heartening to see that you guys paid attention to the smallest of details that get lost in the otherwise overall scheme of things! And I can't believe how BigAntStudios managed to cater to all the requests and changes that you guys suggested in such a small time frame!!! Truly a miracle overall!

Best thing is...everything seems to have come together with this version of the game that has got this huge license. This will be a perfect showcase to maybe other boards as well and maybe ICC itself who would take notice and maybe provide all the remaining licenses in the future!

The single best thing about the beta process for ashes has been that it is pre release.

There is no question bith DBCs launched with some big issues: DBC14 had massively overpowered ring fielders and regularly didn't post slips in tests; dbc17 had the infamous lack of a real cover drive. I actually think DBC17 launched more playable than DBC14 launched.

This makes me a hostage to fortune but I am confident Ashes will launch without any comparable issue.

It's been a pleasure and a privilege to be in the beta: it's also been educational - hearing @T.J.Hooker and @grkrama talking about things from the batting perspective I would never have considered has been great.

But also we beta testers shouldn't take too much credit - we're lucky yo have been talking to a very dedicated and talented team. We'e been able to rag on things and moan (and moan and moan) about big and little things. I think it's testament to @BigAntStudios that even when I said I didn't see myself buying the game, didnt think there was enough progression to justify it, instead of telling me to sling my hook (which they were entitled to) - they kept me in and listened to my points and you know what, the things I said I wanted to see like those proper play and misses you noted, an AI that played properly and could go big, progression in bowling mechanism etc. they delivered them and as I said before, my conversion to being a definite console buyer happened a while ago.

The game won't be perfect - and I am sure when it gets out into the wild we'll find things the beta missed, but I am very confident the base launched game will be well ahead of the 2 dbcs, and i'm hoping with the post-launch support being all in BA's hands that will polish this even further.

I think i'm right in saying there's already a list of things for patch 2 ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1510084363][/DOUBLEPOST]

+1 :) or +10,000,000 for all my moans, or +100,000,000 for @WealeyH moans just about pitches

The single best thing about the beta process for ashes has been that it is pre release.

There is no question bith DBCs launched with some big issues: DBC14 had massively overpowered ring fielders and regularly didn't post slips in tests; dbc17 had the infamous lack of a real cover drive. I actually think DBC17 launched more playable than DBC14 launched.

This makes me a hostage to fortune but I am confident Ashes will launch without any comparable issue.

It's been a pleasure and a privilege to be in the beta: it's also been educational - hearing @T.J.Hooker and @grkrama talking about things from the batting perspective I would never have considered has been great.

But also we beta testers shouldn't take too much credit - we're lucky yo have been talking to a very dedicated and talented team. We'e been able to rag on things and moan (and moan and moan) about big and little things. I think it's testament to @BigAntStudios that even when I said I didn't see myself buying the game, didnt think there was enough progression to justify it, instead of telling me to sling my hook (which they were entitled to) - they kept me in and listened to my points and you know what, the things I said I wanted to see like those proper play and misses you noted, an AI that played properly and could go big, progression in bowling mechanism etc. they delivered them and as I said before, my conversion to being a definite console buyer happened a while ago.

The game won't be perfect - and I am sure when it gets out into the wild we'll find things the beta missed, but I am very confident the base launched game will be well ahead of the 2 dbcs, and i'm hoping with the post-launch support being all in BA's hands that will polish this even further.

I think i'm right in saying there's already a list of things for patch 2 ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1510084363][/DOUBLEPOST]

+1 :) or +10,000,000 for all my moans, or +100,000,000 for @WealeyH moans just about pitches

One of the benefits of having you as a well known moaner giving your opinion: If you say it's good, I know it must really be good. :p

This is so great going through all these pages. So cool to see productive conversation of the process opening the door so we can understand. Before with all the unknown in the past games just bred assumptions/negativity. I've hardly been on here for a while due to all the negativity but this post has made me come back :) Thank you all for your insights and videos much more excited and thinking of what I'll be doing in tests as i play the longer form as I suck at slogging :)

I was going to buy ashes anyway due to BA making it. I have trust in them after the big risks in making niche games keeping them alive.

I don't have a console at the mo but maybe getting a XboxOneX at some point but I'll most likely wait for PC release. Will order the moment it's on steam.

Let me give you my money BA! :p

Users who are viewing this thread