This is it - Ashes Cricket (Beta Feedback)

Anyway back on topic....one aspect that got a lot more attention was the online game. I know a number of us tested online and that a lot of things were reported. If I am very honest I havent played online for a couple of weeks but I know that the devs were keen to work on eradicating as many of the online bugs as possible....maybe a couple of the other beta boys could chip in with more recent experiences....:

I specifically didn't play online just to annoy @AcidBurn

on a serious note, given my poor system specs and wifi only connection I've avoided online as id probably confuse matters

Morning Guys,

Over the past couple of months me and a couple of the guys on here have had the privilege of playing/testing and giving feedback on the upcoming Ashes game.

Quite frankly it's been killing me not being able to share what I know when reading some of the comments on here.

This morning we have finally been given the green light to share our experience and give you guys an idea on what you can expect.

I have set this thread up to enable you guys to get a little bit of information before release to ease some worries, answer questions and just generally enjoy the lead up to release day!

I have to stress that the guys at BigAnt work above and beyond the call of duty. The Beta has been constantly updated with new builds with members of the team replying to our feedback at silly hours o clock during the night. It's crazy!!! I have never had such an insight into the complexities of tweaking and developing a game.

I'd like this thread to be full of constructive conversation with a positive vibe. I'm happy to possibly even do video requests with what I'm allowed to show, but can't be bothered if the thread gets derailed with negative rubbish.

Lets get going!!
I've been very critical of DB17 and to be honest I've not been the only one. The big question...is it worth me even slightly contemplating buy this game.i just want to play an authentic cricket game without all the glitches and completely wrong stats..from what I've seen so far Ashes cricket looks very impressive

I've been very critical of DB17 and to be honest I've not been the only one. The big question...is it worth me even slightly contemplating buy this game.i just want to play an authentic cricket game without all the glitches and completely wrong stats..from what I've seen so far Ashes cricket looks very impressive

I'm almost that confident that you would like it I'd PayPal you a refund myself.

I say almost cos you could just say you don't like it regardless.

It's a belter no two ways about it...

DBC 14 when it came out had that WOW moment in it. DBC 17 when announced apart from Stadium Creator there was no WOW moment. Ashes Cricket has that WOW moment with mo-cap and all things fixed from DBC 17. Initially as I have said, I was going to wait but knowing the beta team and their passion for a good cricket team I am pretty sure 200+ hours of those individuals is good enough reason for me to buy this game.

I'm almost that confident that you would like it I'd PayPal you a refund myself.

I say almost cos you could just say you don't like it regardless.

It's a belter no two ways about it...
That's some recommendation...thanks for your help

Despite my obvious (hopefully) gratitude at Big Ant slogging on with an unforgiving and dare I say it not very profitable and very challenging sport to replicate, I've still maintained that BLIC 2005 has produced the most realism in a scorecard or a match that I've seen. I'm glad that is probably going to change next week.

I hope that my continuous whining about the Academy attributes not mattering enough has not been an attack on the game, but frustration that something with so much potential hasn't been fully realised yet.

Does online play supports cross-platforms this time around in Ashes 17?

Is it me or is the 'play and miss' mechanics much much better than the previous games? Looking at the video below from @WealeyH:

If you watch the first few deliveries, there is one where the batsman goes for a squad drive and misses the ball in a very realistic way. If I can remember correctly, play and misses in the previous games used to be a scenario where the bat would be a km away from the ball. These small things are the reason why it's so exciting and fun to just watch the game in action....even when you are not the one playiing it

Is it me or is the 'play and miss' mechanics much much better than the previous games? Looking at the video below from @WealeyH:

If you watch the first few deliveries, there is one where the batsman goes for a squad drive and misses the ball in a very realistic way. If I can remember correctly, play and misses in the previous games used to be a scenario where the bat would be a km away from the ball. These small things are the reason why it's so exciting and fun to just watch the game in action....even when you are not the one playiing it

We spent a lot of time discussion immersion and the feeling of playing out or watching a proper game of cricket.

Close genuine play and misses were right up there as something we needed and there are plenty in the game. You get t right and you can beat the AI all ends up![DOUBLEPOST=1510080082][/DOUBLEPOST]Ps: everyone will love it more in HD!!

This game looks astonishing. I'm just at work watching the official vids.

I'm going to be attempting to sim a realistic AI vs AI league (I know this game was designed for playing, but I like recreating and watching). Will broadcast on Twitch and see how it goes and what excitement can be drummed up.
You and I are probably the only who would like to watch realistic AI vs AI battles :cheers
I like Big Ant cricket games for its sandbox style. I dont even play that much with International or domestic teams but with custom created teams and players TBH.In both BDC 14 and 17 ive created many fictional clubs and players lol

That was exactly something we covered in beta: beating the bat should be an "oooh" moment but in prior games it never was. In ashes I think it is.

Users who are viewing this thread