This is it - Ashes Cricket (Beta Feedback)

Couple of question for the Testers

1. Does the pitch act true to its description ? I mean a hard pitch produces more bounce than normal and vice versa for soft pitch; similarly for dry pitch more spin and move seam movement for green pitch ?

2. In game fatigue - Does In game fatigue is captured? I mean, if a keeper opens the batting after being in the field for 4 sessions, his stamina will not start at 100 may be at 85-90. Is this how it is ?

Any videos on their way?

Bowling length is on timing as in dbc14. this is the best bowling iteration - both in terms of mechanics and the fact that all dismissals are available without recourse to franco's hack. yes the bowler's have distinct style and though perhaps there isn't a massive difference you will feel some swing better and some are better for hitting the deck. no you can't swing round corners on demand and if you use the seam placement control that adds another level to swing too (though there's more that could be done on that).

Encouraging to hear about more types of dismissals being available. Probably the most immersion breaking aspect of DBC17 in terms of tests for me was the fact that so many of the dismissals were Caught. Hardly any bowled or LBW.

Out of curiosity (and as I am having a slow day at work) I pulled off some stats on the types of dismissals in test Cricket since 2013 (roughly when the current DRS laws were introduced). 5770 dismissals in total broken down as follows.

Caught 3626 63%
Bowled 969 17%
LBW 916 16%
Run out 143 2%
Stumped 112 2%
Hit Wicket 4 0.something.
Handled Ball 0 0%
Obstructing field 0 0%
Retired 0 0%

Will be interesting to see how close we get to these ratios with new improved AI! I might track it in my career mode. Also if Hit wicket isn't in the game I......won't be losing any sleep.

Yeah it was game breaking for me that you could hardly bowl anyone in DBC17, because caught and run out is basically baseball with a big bat. Very excited to hear they appear to have sorted that in Ashes.

Am just wondering. Did you guys ever managed to beat the AI without simulating the game at any stage . In pro level . Anyone ?
Yeah it was game breaking for me that you could hardly bowl anyone in DBC17, because caught and run out is basically baseball with a big bat. Very excited to hear they appear to have sorted that in Ashes.

100% without question middle stump flying to an inswinger sorted!

This game looks astonishing. I'm just at work watching the official vids.

I'm going to be attempting to sim a realistic AI vs AI league (I know this game was designed for playing, but I like recreating and watching). Will broadcast on Twitch and see how it goes and what excitement can be drummed up.

As I am a bit of a numbnut I am not sure what you mean; my monitor runs it fine without problems....what should I be looking for?

Sure I'll explain.

I've attached screenshots from 2 different games.

Image 1 is from Witcher 3 which supports true Ultrawide Resolutions like 2560x1080 and hence maintains the correct aspect ratio and truly increases the Field of View.

The game in Image 2 is basically stretching it's 16:9 aspect ratio to cover the whole screen.

DBC 17 didn't support 21:9 resolutions and just added black bars on the two sides if a 21:9 resolution was selected. Or as mentioned earlier, you could just stretch the 1080p resolution to cover the whole screen.

So will Ashes support 21:9 resolutions with extended FOV? I hope I've been able to explain the context. :)

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 26
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    858.9 KB · Views: 28
Encouraging to hear about more types of dismissals being available. Probably the most immersion breaking aspect of DBC17 in terms of tests for me was the fact that so many of the dismissals were Caught. Hardly any bowled or LBW.

Out of curiosity (and as I am having a slow day at work) I pulled off some stats on the types of dismissals in test Cricket since 2013 (roughly when the current DRS laws were introduced). 5770 dismissals in total broken down as follows.

Caught 3626 63%
Bowled 969 17%
LBW 916 16%
Run out 143 2%
Stumped 112 2%
Hit Wicket 4 0.something.
Handled Ball 0 0%
Obstructing field 0 0%
Retired 0 0%

Will be interesting to see how close we get to these ratios with new improved AI! I might track it in my career mode. Also if Hit wicket isn't in the game I......won't be losing any sleep.

I shared those stats (or similar) in the beta thread a while back.

The most disappointing aspect for me in DBC17 was originally i was getting bowleds and lbws - perhaps not as much as i'd have liked, but some. unfortunately, though, for all the other improvements these just dried up during the patch process.

Sure I'll explain.

I've attached screenshots from 2 different games.

Image 1 is from Witcher 3 which supports true Ultrawide Resolutions like 2560x1080 and hence maintains the correct aspect ratio and truly increases the Field of View.

The game in Image 2 is basically stretching it's 16:9 aspect ratio to cover the whole screen.

DBC 17 didn't support 21:9 resolutions and just added black bars on the two sides if a 21:9 resolution was selected. Or as mentioned earlier, you could just stretch the 1080p resolution to cover the whole screen.

So will Ashes support 21:9 resolutions with extended FOV? I hope I've been able to explain the context. :)
Got it! As far as I remember Ashes supports 2560 x 1080.....thats the resolution I could choose from the menu and there are no black bars! Looks very nice I might say! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1510070946][/DOUBLEPOST]
How do one become a Beta Tester?:spy
It’s a long story and I just pray to God Harvey Weinstein keeps his mouth shut.....which was more than I could do.*

*yep, more schoolboy humour....

Users who are viewing this thread