This is it - Ashes Cricket (Beta Feedback)

Could very well be the case but it would make a huge difference that the initial teams in the academy are realistic enough. At least the folks who download the teams initially won't come back complaining "Dale Steyn in my downloaded team was replaced by Tendulkar. Big Ant sucks!"

It could be, but it’s not. @Llewelynf has unfortunately had to fend for himself. I haven’t been able to contribute, and as such, the level of pre-release content isn’t near the amount levels we’ve seen previously

I just have one question, based on @WealeyH videos we are more closer to authentic test match environment in a game. I havent seen any answers to how ODI's and T20's will be played? To be honest I have loved playing those two modes in DBC 17 and DBC 14 but there were times when the chasing team defended and left deliveries while chasing a total. That was the only thing that took away from a great experience. Have the testers have any opportunity to test this? If not the game is 7 days away I am completely fine waiting and checking it myself.

It could be, but it’s not. @Llewelynf has unfortunately had to fend for himself. I haven’t been able to contribute, and as such, the level of pre-release content isn’t near the amount levels we’ve seen previously
So it’s looking like a lot of time for many people here will be spent playing England vs Australia, till there’s some creations. Fine with me, I love Aussie team since Ponting left...

So it’s looking like a lot of time for many people here will be spent playing England vs Australia, till there’s some creations. Fine with me, I love Aussie team since Ponting left...
I was thinking the same as well. May well practice batting/bowling with Ashes (Australia) and later start to play career mode and other series!

Reactions: DAP
Without being THAT guy, I haven't noticed if the players now slide their bats properly (i.e. ground it outside the crease)? Previously the initial grounding was well inside the crease, I ended up just using the dive button every time I ran (once I realised you could). That was probably my single biggest annoyance in DBC17.

Without being THAT guy, I haven't noticed if the players now slide their bats properly (i.e. ground it outside the crease)? Previously the initial grounding was well inside the crease, I ended up just using the dive button every time I ran (once I realised you could). That was probably my single biggest annoyance in DBC17.

I will certainly be lobbying for bringing back the DBC 14 mechanism of how batsmen reacted when they were nearing the crease. Just waiting to get hands-on with the game.

Have to wait until it releases on Steam although I have a PS4 now. Mainly cause of playing online if I need to.

Last edited:
How is the death overs bowling? Does AI priorities seamers and yorker lenght?

You mean academy related stuff no that won't carry over to Ashes.

and as such, the level of pre-release content isn’t near the amount levels we’ve seen previously

Damn, definitely going to wait on this one then. Unless they do have the license for Aussie domestic teams and have staff working on players in the Academy.

If not, who here is going to pull their finger out and crank out 200+ players? :p

I'm sorry if this has been asked but does this have two broadcast cameras like the later iteration of dbc17? Also, are the mechanics in terms of shot selection similar? i.e. do precision shots feel better in this game? I always though dbc 17 precision shots were a bit irrelevant. Thanks all.

EDIT: Also, are fielders also throwing with their left hands still?

Last edited:
I'm sorry if this has been asked but does this have two broadcast cameras like the later iteration of dbc17? Also, are the mechanics in terms of shot selection similar? i.e. do precision shots feel better in this game? I always though dbc 17 precision shots were a bit irrelevant. Thanks all.

EDIT: Also, are fielders also throwing with their left hands still?
If they are left handed then you would hope so.

Users who are viewing this thread