This is it - Ashes Cricket (Beta Feedback)

yeah, so the gameplay is now worse because the spinner angles are restricted. congratulations @angad and @Sherrytk you absolute Fegans.[DOUBLEPOST=1510305895][/DOUBLEPOST]

Good use of words...didn't expect it from you...But it's...ahh chuck it..why bother.

Anyways, Good decision by BigAnt. This game is not about the hardcore fans. Because of the huge license behind it, a majority of the players would be new and more casual gamers, and the last thing it needed (after so much hard work behind it and So much good stuff going for it) was this issue being used as an excuse for people to start dissing the game and the developers by saying stuff like 'don't they know the rules' etc....which would have been really sad for me personally as I just want the game to succeed commercially and with the critics first.

Already people watching the videos had started commenting on it and it wouldn't have looked nice. If it meant giving up on an element of the gameplay then I personally am willing to sacrifice the element of gameplay keeping in mind the overall bigger picture that is in play with this game.

Call me names at your will....dislike me for the rest of your lives, doesn't matter to me. I love this series and BigAntStudios too much to stop from pointing out stuff that I feel can impact the name of the game in the public forum. I would personally have preferred pointing it out in a private PM or something...But this is the only forum I had to express my thoughts and thus had no option.

Hahaha! True though!! Least the virtual umpires won't have to keep an eye on that back foot!
It's always a virtual umpire and everything is programmed.
I'm sure all testing phase will have discussions and disagreements and it's always for the betterment of the product/game. End of the day, the developers are gonna make a judgement based on what they feel is right and feasible for the game. I'm from IT industry and been at the receiving end my self. And again I have nothing against any of you guys.Great work as always.
Peace and God bless all.

Wait, whoever has approved that change would have found solid reason and logic

Obviously yes. BigAntStudios is full of talented and smart people, some of whom I have had the pleasure of interacting personally with. The decision wasn't because of me or you commenting on it. It was the right decision in the current scheme of things as they understand what is at stake here. Sometimes as cricket gaming fans...We get too engrossed with the gameplay side of things, however when the audience gets expanded to more casual gamers and huge licenses are involved, it's the overall picture that needs to be kept in mind.

Am I sad that a part of the gameplay (that too something that I really liked....bowling from different angles in dbc14 was my fav along with variable lengths based on timing of the stick movement) was removed for it....absolutely YES! However, if that was the only way to rectify the backfoot no-ball, I am happy they took the decision for the good of this game.

Good use of words...didn't expect it from you...But it's...ahh chuck it..why bother.

Anyways, Good decision by BigAnt. This game is not about the hardcore fans. Because of the huge license behind it, a majority of the players would be new and more casual gamers,
In that case I'd reckon 90% wouldn't notice and of the other 10% most wouldn't care.

Obviously yes. BigAntStudios is full of talented and smart people, some of whom I have had the pleasure of interacting personally with. The decision wasn't because of me or you commenting on it. It was the right decision in the current scheme of things as they understand what is at stake here. Sometimes as cricket gaming fans...We get too engrossed with the gameplay side of things, however when the audience gets expanded to more casual gamers and huge licenses are involved, it's the overall picture that needs to be kept in mind.

Am I sad that a part of the gameplay (that too something that I really liked....bowling from different angles in dbc14 was my fav along with variable lengths based on timing of the stick movement) was removed for it....absolutely YES! However, if that was the only way to rectify the backfoot no-ball, I am happy they took the decision for the good of this game.

Hopefully you can still choose from 6 bowling angles, but the wide angle has been narrowed slightly? @WealeyH is that the fix? Or has a whole angle been removed?

Will you people calm down a bit ple . It's a vedio game not a actual match that's telecast live. Let's wait till 16th, see what we get and take it from there. If not for this thread we wouldn't even know how cool this game is compared to what we had for last 20 yrs

Last edited:
Not trying to wind you guys up but technically bowling from outside the line would allow a bigger angle change in real life as well and hence the rule. Bowlers can vary the angle only as much. That's the rule. If anything it should have made the things more realistic, no?

Yeah, I know, I haven't played the game yet and hence have no right to form an opinion about anything related to this game. I think we have established that much in this thread so far.

Actually it was changed due to moaning, bowling with spin is now limited compared to how it was.

3 people moaned about it from what I can gather and that going through YouTube comments.

I get the point , I get the rules, but it just didn't affect anything, it wasn't even a product of user input it was simpler the animation over lapping on the pitch.

Anyway no more pretend no balls and less angle is the update.

Will please some will annoy some[DOUBLEPOST=1510310548][/DOUBLEPOST]
If that restricts the spinner from bowling wider the crease then I am against the change..

It does

Not trying to wind you guys up but technically bowling from outside the line would allow a bigger angle change in real life as well and hence the rule. Bowlers can vary the angle only as much. That's the rule. If anything it should have made the things more realistic, no?

Yeah, I know, I haven't played the game yet and hence have no right to form an opinion about anything related to this game. I think we have established that much in this thread so far.

Again I don't get why people aren't getting this. They are not coming any wider than the seamers can.

It's simply the animation overlapping. It's not that spinner were allowed to approach from wider.

Anyway it's done now.

Actually it was changed due to moaning, bowling with spin is now limited compared to how it was.

3 people moaned about it from what I can gather and that going through YouTube comments.

I get the point , I get the rules, but it just didn't affect anything, it wasn't even a product of user input it was simpler the animation over lapping on the pitch.

Anyway no more pretend no balls and less angle is the update.

Will please some will annoy MANY

Users who are viewing this thread