This is it - Ashes Cricket (Beta Feedback)

Hopefully you can still choose from 6 bowling angles, but the wide angle has been narrowed slightly? @WealeyH is that the fix? Or has a whole angle been removed?

Need to confirm but i think it's one less angle to come from.

My point is... and I'll say it again, his foot over stepping the line made 0 impact on game. It just annoyed a few people.

The solution has affected the gameplay.

That's the simple truth of the matter.

Yes in real life it's a no ball.

But in real life we don't have to try fit animations onto a pitch.

It wasn't a way of tricking the AI, it had no advantages it was simply a lil animation quirk.

Most satisfying and encouraging is the changes and improvements , which are going on constantly at a rapid speed and will be done after release also.

Gr8 work by all big ant team (along with beta testers)

Need to confirm but i think it's one less angle to come from.

My point is... and I'll say it again, his foot over stepping the line made 0 impact on game. It just annoyed a few people.

The solution has affected the gameplay.

That's the simple truth of the matter.

Yes in real life it's a no ball.

But in real life we don't have to try fit animations onto a pitch.

It wasn't a way of tricking the AI, it had no advantages it was simply a lil animation quirk.
Is it even possible to get no balled with spinners - in game?

Not trying to wind you guys up but technically bowling from outside the line would allow a bigger angle change in real life as well and hence the rule. Bowlers can vary the angle only as much. That's the rule. If anything it should have made the things more realistic, no?

Yeah, I know, I haven't played the game yet and hence have no right to form an opinion about anything related to this game. I think we have established that much in this thread so far.

as Wealey said.

If that restricts the spinner from bowling wider the crease then I am against the change..

I am equally disappointed and sad about losing the extra bowling angles. I didn't have any issue regarding the backfoot no-ball for my personal gaming experience. Heck I have played games with the fielder crossing the boundary rope and yet it not being registered as a boundary, without any complaints.

My reason for pointing out the issue and hoping for it to be rectified before release was purely from a different perspective that I have mentioned in my earlier posts.

Is there an option for 2v2 online?
Asked this a few times with no replies. Thanks Guys

2 questions

1. Can we play the late cut to spinners? in DBC 17 you would most probably get caught by the keeper

2. Are there top edges while pulling/hooking at go straight up in the air?

Pre-ordered the game anyways

Not even sure how or why this was an issue in the first place...

2 mouthy gits.

the thing is it's an animation quirk. if it was something related to user input, that happened because of late/bad input, then absolutely it should be called like the front-foot one. but this is just an animation overlapping. no effect on gameplay.

I am equally disappointed and sad about losing the extra bowling angles. I didn't have any issue regarding the backfoot no-ball for my personal gaming experience. Heck I have played games with the fielder crossing the boundary rope and yet it not being registered as a boundary, without any complaints.

My reason for pointing out the issue and hoping for it to be rectified before release was purely from a different perspective that I have mentioned in my earlier posts.

What are you saying? Your sad it's happened? But had other reasons? For God sake mate your not a messiah for non hard-core gamers:facepalm. I think it was a bad idea to talk about the beta sessions. Every tom dick and Harry crawls our of their hole to give their wish list of shite and bombards the forum. I am sure Big Ant have there reasons for any changes but you can't please everyone. I can't wait for the game and it's positive feedback on taking the game further after release:thumbs

I am surprised know one has asked for a mini game before a match where you are the grounds man and need to get the pitch ready in time? Or where are the Graham gooch cricket camera angles????

Users who are viewing this thread