Story Three Lions on the Shirt? - Match Day: Northamptonshire fight back!!!

When will Tom Baker get his England call up?

• Total voters
haha, class update tom

be nice to bowl onto a fallen fridge mark which was on a good length, and i blame Tom for match fixing :p

Repercussions

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I hate getting woke up, by alarm clocks. However, this time it was the phone which woke me up at 7:30 in the morning. I held it to my ear

"Ello, whooo issss thisssssss"

"Hey Tom, it's Wotton. Your needed down at the ground for 8:00, the coach has a big announcement to make."

"Errr, toooo earlyyyy."

"Just be there...."

I was still pretty much asleep and inside a battle was taking place as my mind tried to force my weary body up. Eventually it was a stalemate as I rolled out the bed and faceplanted myself on the floor. I crawled to the bathroom and stuck my head under the cold tap which did eventually wake me up :( Coming back into the bedroom, Gemma was still asleep so I quietly got dressed into my tracksuit and went downstairs to make myself a cup of coffee and toast, before hopping into the car for the short drive.

I was one of the last there, but not the last :cheesy The coach got us all into the conference room and spoke to us:

"Ok, gents. I know you will all be curious to what happened yesterday. Basically, due to our bad start to the season and some of the results and actions of players looking a bit suspect, a group of players have been arrested on the charge of match-fixing. Currently they have been suspended, and I urge anyone with any information to come forward. However, this now leaves us with a reduced squad, so there have been some changes. A few of the younger guys are going to be promoted into the 1XI squad. So congratulations to Alex Jones, Michael O'Shea and Adam Shantry."

Crofty suddenly spoke.

"Isn't that only 19!!!"

"Hey Crofty has learnt to count everyone :p"

Crofty threw his cap at me, which I caught and lobbed out the open window. Once we had settled down the coach started speaking again.

"Robert is correct. I have some big news for everyone. With immediate effect, I can announce the signing of Matthew Hayden!!!!!!!!"

I sprayed the tea I was drinking right out my mouth in shock, whilst Cooky dropped his bacon buttie and Tom nearly fell of his chair in surprise. This was superb news. How the hell we had managed to get Matty Hayden I would never know, but with him now having retired from Australia duties, we would be able to use him for the whole season. It was quite simply the best news we could have heard. Eventually the coach managed to calm us all back down.

"I have managed to get Matty to sign a two year contract and he should be at training tomorrow. Finally we need a new captain. So congratulations to Mark Wallace and to his now deputy Mike Powell."

Mark looked very pleased at his appointment and we all shook his hand.

After that, we were told we could have the day off. I had some shopping planned with Gemma. She keeps on lingering outside jewellery shops near the wedding rings area. I have to almost drag her away. We don't want her getting any ideas now, do we ;) It was nice to have the day off though, and after the shopping I managed to go down to the local where I had a few pints and she had a few glasses of wine, rounded off with a superb fish pie. We went back home, slightly more merrier, to round off a very enjoyable day. We had been told not to speak to the press, so I told the lone reporter waiting outside my house, to go to Simon Cook's house for all the details :p Cooky was going to kill me......

Hayden? Nice. Lol at throwing the cap out the window. Have you got some kind of throwing things out the window fetish?

Users who are viewing this thread