Story Three Lions on the Shirt? - Match Day: Northamptonshire fight back!!!

When will Tom Baker get his England call up?

• Total voters
Lol, you made a mistake Tom. You were meant to say "So I ended the evening with Cooky and I being KO'ed by some Russian fella named Ivan." :p.

WOW! This is called a quality update. The presentation, graphics. Everything is flawless. I knew you would KO someone Tom. I had a slight feeling. ;)

Who's with me....Let's RAVE!! :happy :happy

Well Essex won! :( Better luck next time! :D

very poor result in the end for you, but the bowlers did there best. I just think you may need to just smash the ball out of the park and take some risks when you bat to get really noticed. Also, how did you knock out IVAN :p?

Great work mate, keep it up!:)

Hey y'all. Actually got an update made before I moved, but I have no free time due to excessive drinking and clubbing. Try and update soon, more than likely next week as I've had 7 hours sleep since Friday and tbh I'm still not sure if it is Sunday or Monday as I've lost my calendar :rolleyes:

Hey y'all. Actually got an update made before I moved, but I have no free time due to excessive drinking and clubbing. Try and update soon, more than likely next week as I've had 7 hours sleep since Friday and tbh I'm still not sure if it is Sunday or Monday as I've lost my calendar :rolleyes:

I can assure you it is monday! :)

It's next Tuesday

Oh dear Tom, drinking once again, your just like a typical student aren't you?:p

I thought you played for Kent? Shows how out of touch I am with this story :p

Around the Grounds

That next morning, I woke up with a stinking hang-over. My right hand was still bloody and I had a tooth lodged in it still :noway Those damn Russians take a lot of damage. However, after drinking a couple of cans of Irn Bru and having a flat sausage roll I was feeling loads better. My phone then went off. I had got a text from Wotton:

lg-ku970-shine-lg-shine-35g-hsdpa-p.jpg

That was some pretty damn nice news. I could have a day off. I went into the sitting room and switched on the TV to watch Sky Sports, "Around the Grounds":

Bob Willis said:
Welcome to another episode of Around the Grounds. My, my it has been a busy week for cricket. Not only have we been having the usual county matches but England also were playing South Africa. At the Oval, Pietersen's men recorded a superb victory, once again showing Pietersen is the right man for the job.

Our first match was in Gloucestershire where the hosts were playing Northamptonshire in a Pro45 match. On a sunny day and a flat pitch, 250 + was the bare minimum. Gloucestershire, however, went out all guns blazing and put a very good total of 316/8 on the board, with Spearman top scoring with 107. Northamptonshire were always under pressure and eventually buckled to be all out for 193, with Kirby taking 4 wickets.

Cricket20052008-08-2016-15-48-31.jpg

Back in London, Lancashire were travelling down south to take on Middlesex in a Pro45 clash. On a very green pitch, Law won the toss and elected to bowl. This decision proved critical as the Middlesex batsmen were always struggling and could only stutter to 165. Just as the Middlesex innings ended, the sun came out, making batting much easier and Lancashire easily made the runs losing only 3 wickets. A good result for Lancs, who have been a bit in-consistent this season.

Cricket20052008-08-2016-15-54-21.jpg

Up in the north, it was a completely different story, weather wise. The start was delayed due to the rain and in the end only 40 overs were played per side. Durham batted first and made 214, an average total. The Surrey batsmen looked to be agressive from the start and Newman came to the fore with a good knock of 86 to help get Surrey over the line. For Plunkett fans there were some good news as he took figures of 5-32. A good win for Surrey as a trip to Chester-le-Street is never easy.

Cricket20052008-08-2016-15-58-14.jpg

Sussex have been the team to beat in recent years, under the healm of Chris Adams. So Derbyshire knew they would have their work cut out with a visit to Hove. In a massive upset though, Derbyshire completely thrashed Sussex. Batting first, Derbyshire scored 249, with Di Venuto making a well made 94. Mushtaq Ahmed took 6-42 for Sussex. In their reply, Sussex faltered early on being 13-4 at one stage. From there on in it was pretty much over. A very surprising result, once again showing how exciting this game can be.

Cricket20052008-08-2016-16-02-32.jpg

Kent were playing host to The Foxes. Last season, Kent were thrashed by The Foxes in a poor display. Things weren't much better this time round. Batting first, Kent struggled and failed to utilise the powerplay overs. This resulted in Kent only scoring 212, with van Jaarsveld top scoring with 39. Leicstershire easily knocked off this score. The Kent team does look very weak with Geraint Jones away with England "A" and Simon Cook and Tom Baker having left. Add to this Amjad Khan still struggling with his knee, means that Graham Ford has all sort of problems down in Canterbury.

Cricket20052008-08-2016-16-06-50.jpg

Yorkshire were playing host to Somerset for the final Pro45 match of the week. Once again this match was affected by rain, luckily though, the full 45 overs were able to be played. Unfortunately for Somerset they could only make 183, with Blackwell being the only main contributor. Gough took 7 wickets in his final season of cricket. Yorkshire never looked in any trouble chasing down this total, losing only 3 wickets with Vaughan remaining on 57*. Possible England re-call? I think not!

Cricket20052008-08-2016-16-12-61.jpg

There was only one County Championship match this week, Gloucestershire vs Kent. However, the match was a complete wash-out with Gloucestershire hardly being able to start their final innings due to so many rain delays.

Cricket20052008-08-2016-16-17-13.jpg

So that is all the matches, let's look at the tables. In the Pro45, Essex and Lancashire are at the top of the table on 8 points. Northants and the Hawks bring up the rear with both yet to register a win.

In the County Championship Gloucestershire and Kent lead the table, with only a point seperating them. Once again Hampshire are at the bottom of the table this time with Middlesex to keep them company. One point should be made that only Glamorgan and Hampshire have yet to register wins this season. They will be hoping to change that soon.

Cricket20052008-08-2016-15-35-84.jpg

Well that rounds off another "Around the Grounds" This season is already looking like it is going to be a fantastic one. I look forward to seeing you next time. Bye bye.

Humph!!! Bob Willis is an arse having a sly dig at Glamorgan. We were fully aware we had yet to win a game this season and we did not need it pointed out to us. Death to Willis!!!!!!! :mad: I spent the rest of the morning doing jobs around the house. In the afternoon myself and Gemma went out to the cinema to watch, "Pretty Woman" :rolleyes: I would much rather have been slitting my wrists then having to watch that, but it meant that she was in a good mood for later, if you get my drift ;)

On a serious note, that last part is very true. It has worked for me. I watched "Pretty Woman", "Pride and Prejudice" and some gay musical with some chick from uni. I hated every minute but it payed off in the long run as we are now going out ;) Her parents are also minted so :thumbs

Nice update. Hope your season improves. :D

Users who are viewing this thread