Story Three Lions on the Shirt? - Match Day: Northamptonshire fight back!!!

When will Tom Baker get his England call up?

• Total voters
I bet that was just another one of your cliffhangers wasnt it.. :P Making us all think the best story of the year had gone forever - then bringing it back! WAHEY! :)

Good luck! :D

G'Day Mate!!!

"Tom!!! Post is here!!!!"

I jumped in surprise, rolled out of the bed and crashed on to the floor. I started muttering away to myself

"Jesus Christ, bloody woman"

I had been having a weird dream involving me throwing a fridge out of a window, whilst drunk. I was struggling to understand this as it sounded so unlike me. But, meh, people dream weird things sometimes, I mean who would be so bloody stupid to throw a fridge out of a window :rolleyes: (;))

I slowly rolled around on the floor in disgust for a bit, about being made to get up, but eventually emerged in the kitchen in my dressing gown. Gemma was there, with a nice platter of sausages, eggs and fried bread. Perfect :D I sat down and waited for her to put the plate on the table.

"Go and get the post."

I got up and stomped away, muttering a few choice words about the post. There was only letter one and it was adressed to me. I opened it as I walked back to the kitchen.

I never got there.

As I read it I halted, and had to sit on the stairs, I couldn't believe it :noway

"Gem's, you wanna see this."

chase.jpg

Gemma read it and sat down quickly beside me. We just looked at each other for a long time. My mind was in turmoil. The money was tempting, but could I leave my friends and family behind, and what about everyone at Glamorgan, who had been so good to me? Could I abandon them?

"What you thinking Tom?"

"To be honest I don't know, I need to discuss it with Crofty, David and the coach. "

"Well, I will support you in whatever you do, you got that Tom? I'll stick with you."

That was sound of Gemma, but what was I to do? I just did not know :noway

Red Backs! Well it's a challenge I can tell you that. They're basically equal to Derbyshire to be honest so it won't be tough to get into the side but it'll be tough to win anything.

I don't know much about the Aussie domestic system and I think that if you stay at Glamorgan you will have more of a chance to get into the England team!!!!!!! :D

If you go that will be the third club you would of played for in such a short career :D

Anyway, interested to hear about the offer. I hope you take it.

Tom, just stay with Glamorgan. If you keep performing, you will get a very nice contract. But, maybe if you move to Red Backs, you'll get new friends as you did in kent and glamorgan.

But, IMO, stick with Glamorgan. :)

*I'm really drowned in this story now:P:D..

Be intresting.. be controversial...be siiiiiick one! Move to the redbacks, there at least you know you can know you are going to get a proper summer!

Users who are viewing this thread