Story Three Lions on the Shirt? - Match Day: Northamptonshire fight back!!!

When will Tom Baker get his England call up?

• Total voters
Great catch by Ormond to dismiss Kemp. I guess Glamorgan are going ok. They should get maybe 300 :D

a pretty decent start here by glamorgan. marshy is batting like a champ as he always does. hopefully both men will be able to continue this good display of batting. great pres kutgw mate

Good start for Glamorgan but they should not lose any more wickets.

Be careful while facing Saqlain ;)

Thats really sad to see skip going out for a duck.Marsh is doing good atm.Hope he will continue this for a day.lol @ Mike's luck.I think you won't be onto the ground the next session on seeing this partnership.Hope your team does a good job.

Nice update asusual mate.

Glamorgan will be shot if Marsh goes on international.(THough you already mentioned that):p

Been having trouble with a computer virus so I couldn't post for the last two weeks,then again I didn't really post much.
Mushtaq to dismiss You,Tom!:p
LOL about the trip over the cat and imagining the pregnancy scare,and about Cooky's new sleeping hat!!:D

Very excellent going Tom.. The storyline.. along with fun and everything in it.. Very nice! Keep it up.

And Tom,

Tommy said:
test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test

Are you practicing some spelling of "test" :what :spy: :p :D And you only can understand Tom about that quoted post. :)

Cricket20052008-08-2021-16-41-71.jpg

Wobbly times for Glamorgan, but the rookie is still fighting

As Marshy and Mike were heading out, I jogged up over to Marshy:

"Mate, you get out in this over, your a twat. I honestly don't want to be coming in too soon."

"Ah, don't worry mate, I plan on making my maiden century for Glamorgan today. If I get out in this over, I take it up the ass."

"I'm doomed then :p"

He swung his bat at me, but I leapt back, laughing away as he went out with a big grin on his face. Hopefully he was nicely relaxed and would go on to make a big score. To be honest I was feeling pretty confident in Marshy, I just felt that Mike was the weak link. Still, I trusted these two. I think from the team's perspective we wanted them to add about another 50 runs too take any pressure of me so that I could play my natural game.

I went back upstairs to find that I had lost my seat to Dizzy. I spent the next few minutes throwing stuff at him to make him move before giving up. Out in the middle, Marshy was ready for the first ball. I was not really paying attention as I watched. Ormond came sprinting in and all of a sudden there was a massive yell and an expletive from Dizzy :eek: Marshy had just been clean bowled!!! A fullish ball on middle stump had bounced wickedly and struck him on the under-side of his glove. The ball had then flown into his leg stump :( We were now 88/3 with a lot of pressure on me.

Animation1-6.gif

The skip came sprinting over:

"Tom, for the love of God please play defensive out there. You and Mike need to make big scores this afternoon, so don't throw your wicket away. Remember this is a Championship game not a Pro45. Don't go wafting at balls outside off, just focus on playing yourself in."

"Ok governor, your the boss ;)"

Out in the middle it was a pretty hostile atmosphere. Butcher would not shut up and was giving me a complete mouthful about sending me back to nursery school and how Ormond should knock my head off. Mike was the only friendly face out there and he was looking pretty relaed considering the situation. His calm attitude began to rub of on me and I felt slightly more relaxed.

My first ball was an evil bouncer, I felt it actually brush the hair on my fore-arm as it went flying past me. Butcher was off again:

"That's right knock his f****** head off. Send him back to mummy."

I was going to get even with Mark Butcher now. The next ball was slightly short and wide. I viciously swung at it. It cannoned of the ground, straight into the ground and into Butcher's knee.

"Either you shut the hell up, or else more will be coming your way and I'll next be seeing you in hospital. You got it?"

The mark had been made, that I wasn't going to take any abuse. I let my actions on the pitch speak for me.

Myself and Mike set about re-building the Glamorgan innings. We were playing very watchful cricket and the run-rate did slow down. We soon had put on 30 runs and the score was beginning to look a bit more respectable. Surrey, in an attempt to make a break-through brought Saqlain Musthaq on. This was going to be a real big test for both myself and Mike. Unfortunately Mike was not up to the task. A wicked delivery by Saqlain, pitched outside, Mike's leg-stump. Mike went to casually flick the ball away, but the ball really gripped, took an inside-edge and hit his middle stump :( Suddenly the score did not look so good at 120/4. Jamie was the next man in and I could hear Mike really laying rip into himself as he walked back, bowled for 20 runs. Myself and Jamie would need to play well, to get us towards a good score.

Cricket20052008-08-2100-54-16-41cop.jpg

"Hey Jamie. Saqlain is really causing some problems. Your a spinner though so you should be able to pick him. The pace bowlers are getting tired now and not as quick as they were. We should make a nice big partnership."

"Yep, we need to get us up to 250+ That is a message from the skip."

If we were to get up to 250, we would need at least an 100 run partnership. Normally that is quite difficult, however, I felt with the way the conditions were and the fact that the pace bowlers were tiring, this was possible.

I decided to lead by example and barely put a foot wrong as we continued to score lots of singles, with me sometimes crashing a boundary away. I also hit the shot of the day :happy An over-pitched delivery by Saqlain saw me walk down the wicket towards him. I crashed it straight over mid-off for six. I almost got it out of the stadium, but instead it landed in a man's crotch in the second last row. The guy was in some pain, not surprisingly. However, I felt in good touch and was looking to continue playing good shots.

Cricket20052008-08-2100-54-16-41.jpg

Jamie was also looking quite content, just to build his confidence up, whilst I scored the runs. That was what we needed though. Hopefully we could get Glamorgan towards a good score :)

Wow good to see the rookie aka you playing some aggressive cricket. Glamorgan needs you to stay longer than expected and you need to do that if you wanna play the next game.

Good presentation as always. :clap

Users who are viewing this thread