Story Three Lions on the Shirt? - Match Day: Northamptonshire fight back!!!

When will Tom Baker get his England call up?

• Total voters
Great Story mate, best one i`ve read on this forums. Love every bit of it. Glamorgan Might just be able to win this match.

Been reading this story for quite a while. Enjoyed every bit of it especially that last moment :) :happy

"Right operation Eagle Strike time!"

"Is that the one where we reveal Crofty is a Lithuanian woman called Adrianna?"

"No, that's operation Butterfly. This one is actually relevant to the game."

"Hang on, we actually made one relevant? I thought we were drunk when we made these up?"

"We were, but might as well give Eagle Strike a go. Basically Tom and Crofty bowl yorkers, till the Notts guys lose patience and try and hit them out the ground."

"This won't work :noway"

"Oy, don't be so negative, in principle it works..."

How desperate were we. Reduced to employing plans that we had made down at the pub after a few pints. Still, things couldn't get much worse then they already were.

"Ok guys. "Eagle Strike!!!"

There was a faint shout down at fine leg where Dizzy was,

"Is that the one where we reveal Crofty is a Lithuanian woman called Adrianna?"

:crying Was LMAO :D hilarious~~ :banana2

I seem to have a feeling that Tom may return this weekend with an update...

I also have a feeling that his dislikes remain unchanged. (;))

That is indeed right, I've been transported out to my penal colony here in Australia and am currently doing hard labour ;)

(Story is still going so refresh your glasses ladies by glancing through the last few pages ;))

Oh and for the record, this is the original career diary, 100+ pages ;) None of this wannabe crap :p

Last edited:
Tom :D! Your back! Can't wait to read the continuation.. been occasionally checking out if you returned or not :D Yay~ FTW Tommy :) :banana2

Raindrops falling on my head.
Cricket20052009-01-1612-36-27-22.jpg

"D?nde has estado?"

"Errrr, what you on about."

"Se?or, d?nde ir?"

"Errr, look pal, think you might have got the wrong guy. The only Spanish I can speak is "Can I have a beer?" and I don't think that is much use. DO...YOU...SPEAK...ENGLISH?"

"Why of course I do?"

"Well then wtf, was all that about?"

"Well you didn't say, that you don't speak Spanish ;)"

"Oh bugger off! So what do you want?"

"I just wanted to know why you stopped the story?"

"I was kidnapped by a madman called Suren, engaged to a man called Ollie Holden and then kept locked up in a cellar by some dude called Josef Fritzl (might be a bit too harsh that last one ;))"

"Well I can't argue with that.....:sarcasm"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"OY TOM!!!! Stop daydreaming down there. She must have been bloody hot, so she won't be interested in you."

"Well your mum seemed pretty interested last night!!! ;)"

Oh dear. I went there with Crofty's mum. Stifler's mum anyone? Damn right, she is like Stifler's mum :D

Anyway enough banter. Where were we again. Pretty sure we were near Birmingham (an ex is from Birmingham btw, so if you are in the area feel free to abuse her) Sorry getting off the rails again. We were at Edgbaston. We had batted first, and I had hit a superb century. That's right. SUPERB!!!!! The likes of Bradman would have orgasmed at watching me waft that bat, with the deftness of a gay man in a shop full of leather boots.

We had pinned Notts back pretty well, when all of a sudden I felt a drop of rain hit me on the nose. Uh oh..... Mark went flying off,

"OMG! Duckworth Lewis, duckworth lewis, duckworth lewis!!!!"

"I think Mark is thinking about duckworth lewis, Richard ;)"

":D"

It turned from a few drops into a shower and the umpires quickly signalled the covers to come on. Up on the pavillion balcony I could see the coach going through all types of paper, finding one, reading it for a few seconds, punching the air and giving the thumbs up. I think that meant that if the match ended now, we would win. I had no idea what was going on. I get confused giving change back to people, the idea of trying to calculate duckworth lewis, had about as much chance of happening as Stuart Broad actually looking like a man!

We all trapsed in and yep, apparently I was right, we were leading on duckworth lewis (if anyone is a sad enough bastard to find out if the scores actually mean Glamorgan aren't winning, I am banning them from the forum (don't think I can't still ban people! :mad:))

The rain didn't look like it would ease up and after 45 minutes of Crofty ripping (I heard it could become a national sport of Wales :D) the captains shook hands. We had won :happy

"Well we all know I am a God now. A 100 plus a wicket and keeping it tight. You might as well just give me MOTM."

"Someone is a cocky arse!"

"I was right though. No competition, and I would get to enjoy my free bottle of champagne and a nice cheque."

Hmmm, I wonder if deep-fried mars bars are really as good as they say they are.............................................

"I was kidnapped by a madman called Suren, engaged to a man called Ollie Holden and then kept locked up in a cellar by some dude called Josef Fritzl (might be a bit too harsh that last one )"

This Ollie Holden, sounds like a bit of a fella.

Omfg, its back! Great comeback Tom, one of the best stories on PC is back! Oh and, by my calculations, you actually lost based on the Duckworth-Lewis Method. *Awaits Ban Hammer*

Users who are viewing this thread