TENNIS Tiebreak - Official ATP & WTA game

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Just had a quick match on it.
Some points in no particular order.
The ai player now makes no mistakes not even a second serve .Serving seems more hit and miss now.If its not exactly timed it goes out.
The A button no longer resets the players but the B button.Please either switch it back to A or make it A and B. I personally have never had bad serve because i pressed a to reset for next point nor had i seen anyone raise that as an issue.Rally can be endless and to win a point you have to go in problem for me is ball will go into the net more often than not.On the positive side not one single instance where it hit the net and went over for a cheap point and all the other exploits for cheap points also seem to have gone.
Haven't tried any of the new players yet.Bit suprised that they can't get all the players officially into the game yet they can be made in the academy.Its not like cricket there are 64 top men and 64 top women why should we have to make them ,they should all be in the game together with 10-15 legends .Tutorial has been revamped.Haven't got too far yet but will try to do them all.
Overall not liking too much where the game is going not enjoying it matches becoming a grind just like most other tennis games tbh.At this point the gameplay doesn't offer anything we haven't seen before.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Just had a quick match on it.
Some points in no particular order.
The ai player now makes no mistakes not even a second serve .Serving seems more hit and miss now.If its not exactly timed it goes out.
The A button no longer resets the players but the B button.Please either switch it back to A or make it A and B. I personally have never had bad serve because i pressed a to reset for next point nor had i seen anyone raise that as an issue.Rally can be endless and to win a point you have to go in problem for me is ball will go into the net more often than not.On the positive side not one single instance where it hit the net and went over for a cheap point and all the other exploits for cheap points also seem to have gone.
Haven't tried any of the new players yet.Bit suprised that they can't get all the players officially into the game yet they can be made in the academy.Its not like cricket there are 64 top men and 64 top women why should we have to make them ,they should all be in the game together with 10-15 legends .Tutorial has been revamped.Haven't got too far yet but will try to do them all.
Overall not liking too much where the game is going not enjoying it matches becoming a grind just like most other tennis games tbh.At this point the gameplay doesn't offer anything we haven't seen before.
The net play is still quite bad, the AI still often hits the ball into the net when at that net, either that or they smack it way out the back of the court, I've seen a few massive shanks that go directly upward and the AI actually tries to chase after it...

The AI for the most part still can't volley and is still doing regular shots at the net.

Player movement is still very awkward (both with and without the assisted movement), often you can get stuck or your player just won't react to a directional change or movement at all.

I'll admit it was an improvement to an extent, but there's still a lot that needs work as mentioned above.

I understand some people are loving the game in all aspects, but for any true tennis fans, it's a long way from where it needs to be. I do hope the game will be supported long term, but my hopes aren't overly high based on the other recent titles.

Nard2020

Club Captain
The net play is still quite bad, the AI still often hits the ball into the net when at that net, either that or they smack it way out the back of the court, I've seen a few massive shanks that go directly upward and the AI actually tries to chase after it...

The AI for the most part still can't volley and is still doing regular shots at the net.

Player movement is still very awkward (both with and without the assisted movement), often you can get stuck or your player just won't react to a directional change or movement at all.

I'll admit it was an improvement to an extent, but there's still a lot that needs work as mentioned above.

I understand some people are loving the game in all aspects, but for any true tennis fans, it's a long way from where it needs to be. I do hope the game will be supported long term, but my hopes aren't overly high based on the other recent titles.
Wait, aren’t you the guy that said you were done with this game? Reddit maybe ?

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Wait, aren’t you the guy that said you were done with this game? Reddit maybe ?
Have never said that, plenty of others on Reddit who have said that. Plenty of others who have outright said they’ll never play another BA game again

saturator

Club Cricketer
Hi folks

I have made many matches and the game became very nice after the last update.
Only big issues : teletransportation and wierd slidding transition animations even on hard.
Not enough fault from CPU too.

B Paire Vs Kyrgios at Monte Carlo Expert difficulty

C Ruud Vs M Zverev at Miamy Expert Difficulty

Federer Vs Djokovic at Wuhan Expert difficulty

Fritz Vs B Shelton Hard Expert Difficulty

Caroline Garcia Vs Coco Gauff Miami Expert Difficulty

Emma Raducanu Vs Aryna Sabalenka Madrid Clay Expert Difficulty

Last edited:

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
The AI is quite broken, even on expert difficulty it’s quite easy to win a match as the amount of unforced errors, especially when the AI seems to come to the net a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread