To tour or not to tour- Ian Chappell

nikhil_99

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Whether or not to opt out of series in Pakistan must be left to players to decide for themselves individually

No one can be blamed for not touring Pakistan, but there will be players with the nerve to accept the challenge. Once reluctant cricketers see that their country will be represented, with or without them, it could easily change their mind.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/363448.html

nikhil_99 added 0 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Taufel urges Aussies to tour Pakistan

MELBOURNE: Urging the Australian cricket team to stop worrying about its safety in Pakistan, world's leading umpire Simon Taufel, who also happens to be an Aussie, called on Ricky Ponting's men to fearlessly tour the "friendly" nation for next month's Champions Trophy.

Taufel said never once in his "half a dozen" tours to Pakistan, has he felt any threat to his life. The three-time ICC Umpire of the Year said he has always come across friendly and warm people in the country, widely perceived to be dangerous.

"If I'm selected to be an umpire, I will not hesitate to go," he asserted.

http://cricket.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3320908.cms

This is great that Simon Taufel has urged the Aussies to go to Pakistan because this shows Australia that if an umpire is willing and even wanting to go to Pakistan that they shouldn't be afraid

MELBOURNE: Urging the Australian cricket team to stop worrying about its safety in Pakistan, world's leading umpire Simon Taufel, who also happens to be an Aussie, called on Ricky Ponting's men to fearlessly tour the "friendly" nation for next month's Champions Trophy.

Taufel said never once in his "half a dozen" tours to Pakistan, has he felt any threat to his life. The three-time ICC Umpire of the Year said he has always come across friendly and warm people in the country, widely perceived to be dangerous.

"If I'm selected to be an umpire, I will not hesitate to go," he asserted.

http://cricket.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3320908.cms

Yeh who cares if you get bombed, stuff happens ey?:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Ian, it's up to the players. I wouldn't want to go if I felt a threat to my safety, regardless of whether or not it's a reasonable assumption to make. I support anyone who errs on the safe side and decides not to tour, and anyone who decides to go has my support too.

Yeh who cares if you get bombed, stuff happens ey?:rolleyes:
No, he knows and is FULLY aware that the security we provide is of the highest standard.

He has been to Pakistan MANY times in his life, and is completely aware that we have the finest security possible. He feels comfortable in coming to Pakistan. He came in 2006, 2007, and 2008 for the Asia Cup.

I think your comments are also on the borderline of "flaming" ;)

Simon Taufel has already said that we're friendly and peaceful, I don't understand why you have to post comments such as "Who cares if you get bombed" - adds absolutely NOTHING :)

Last edited by a moderator:
No, he knows and is FULLY aware that the security we provide is of the highest standard.

He has been to Pakistan MANY times in his life, and is completely aware that we have the finest security possible. He feels comfortable in coming to Pakistan. He came in 2006, 2007, and 2008 for the Asia Cup.

I think your comments are also on the borderline of "flaming" ;)

Simon Taufel has already said that we're friendly and peaceful, I don't understand why you have to post comments such as "Who cares if you get bombed" - adds absolutely NOTHING :)
Flaming is attacking another poster, and Stevo has done no such thing. The only issue was his language.

The fact is that for an outsider it can be a very nervous situation, bombs and instability are making it look bad and if the players feel unsafe then they have the right to not tour.

What I dont understand is how teams like Australia, England, South Africa, and West Indies are afraid to come to Pakistan yet teams like India (biggest rival in cricket) are willing to come for sure

Because if anything happens, India is just a quick jog away :p

And if anything happens to our cricketers, a billion people will come to Pakistan,chase those people down, and pulverize them to a pulp ;)

I agree with Taufel, I don't think anything will happen but if still, players like Symonds don't want to come, its up to them :D

I agree to Ian,its individual opinion,when it comes to security matter,Pakistan is not a very safe place...compared to rest playing nations.

What I dont understand is how teams like Australia, England, South Africa, and West Indies are afraid to come to Pakistan yet teams like India (biggest rival in cricket) are willing to come for sure

As said a thousand times before. England/Australia are totally opposite compared to India/Pakistan. Totally different environments. ANY person from Australia or England would feel unsafe as we are so used to the safety and security of our homelands. Common sense really.

As said a thousand times before. England/Australia are totally opposite compared to India/Pakistan. Totally different environments. ANY person from Australia or England would feel unsafe as we are so used to the safety and security of our homelands. Common sense really.

yes...very true... The environments are totally diffrent...more secure there.

Just as an Indian or a Pakistani would feel unsafe in England or Australia.

I'd feel uncomfortable if you have a bunch of gang members coming at me shouting Paki Paki Paki. :rolleyes:

Just as an Indian or a Pakistani would feel unsafe in England or Australia.

I'd feel uncomfortable if you have a bunch of gang members coming at me shouting Paki Paki Paki. :rolleyes:
Except that 99% of Australians don't do that.

Because if anything happens, India is just a quick jog away :p

And if anything happens to our cricketers, a billion people will come to Pakistan,chase those people down, and pulverize them to a pulp ;)

Oh yes, let's go to India, it's sooo much safer. Just around 20 something bombs popped a week ago? :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread